Bilavideo Cups Pending List
Jul 5, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #301 of 678

Quote:
Now, this begs the question - at what age should someone start taking responsibility in their life?  I'm assuming Bill is probably in his mid-40s.  However, we have to go through his father to get some action as if Bill were a 14 year old child.  Sheesh.  Time for that big kid to grow up and take some real responsibility for his life.  I wonder what his father thinks about all this?

erm, bills at least 50-55. maybe he's really a kid inside, he did break his back, buttocks or something related to calcium deposits attempting to do a 720 ollie or what not on a skateboard

Jul 5, 2011 at 3:16 PM Post #302 of 678

His dad doesnt know his number? Must not be close.

Quote:
Now, this begs the question - at what age should someone start taking responsibility in their life?  I'm assuming Bill is probably in his mid-40s.  However, we have to go through his father to get some action as if Bill were a 14 year old child.  Sheesh.  Time for that big kid to grow up and take some real responsibility for his life.  I wonder what his father thinks about all this?

Jul 5, 2011 at 3:16 PM Post #303 of 678
I received a pair of those crappy Oak cups (more like napkin rings) too. These were delayed several weeks, so he sent me two pairs. I complained to him regarding the build quality, and Bill felt bad and sent me a pair of thin cocobolo shells, which is what I'm using now. They are OK, I guess. He failed to drill holes for the gimbal to slide the pegs into, so they slide off and around when not in use. They sound good, and they are light. Hell, they look pretty good too.

A while back, Bill posted that picture of a box full of shells back in february, I posted in the thread saying something about how nice they looked. He sent me a PM and offered to send them to me for free,  I would only have to cover the shipping. I paypal'd him $10 and waited several weeks before getting promised twice that they were going in the mail tomorrow.

Months have passed and all these problems have cropped up surrounding Bill. I'm 17, and even though $10 doesn't seem like much, it's unacceptable.

You disappoint me, Bill. We used to have all kinds of conversations in the SR60 thread, but it turned into a "where's my stuff, Bill" thread a month ago, and I stopped going there. You have pissed me off, and I hope I don't see or hear from you again.

Sincerely, BobSaysHi

Jul 5, 2011 at 3:17 PM Post #304 of 678
Chill-axxxx masta Wayne ;-]

Bill's number just isn't in Spokeo. Only his fathers. I called the other "Bill Kilpatricks" in that area of FL to no luck. Just have wait and see what his dad says/comes up with.

There's no reason to bring a retired man into his sons conflict. I didn't trouble him and certainly don't want him to have to worry about his adult son. He'll call me back in a couple hours.

Jul 5, 2011 at 3:26 PM Post #305 of 678

Quote:
Those were not made from a Lathe for sure. He probably use a drill with some cutting bit and he could not fine the proper size for the inside. Just my two cent.

Edit:  On a second view, he might have use a lathe based on the outside marks.

Could be it's from his very first cups, without a Lathe, Simon:)

All in all, it's just not useable. At the time I just was too mad to do anything, paid 25 usd as a gift, just chose to leave it be, it's not like it's 1000 usd.
Also, I simply don't want to deal or communicate with this man again in any way. I can only feel sorry for someone who sends something like this.

And if you see this topic (I recently learned about this threat), one can only conclude this is the downfall of head-fi's Grado guru man. A hard and deserved one.

Jul 5, 2011 at 3:28 PM Post #306 of 678

Quote:
Please contact me if you want me to sell you wooden cups, i have all kind of woods in all shapes, even when i dont even own a lather of have never worked with wood. actually forget about the cups just send me money send me money now!!!

I elect this dude as the next head grado guru 

Jul 5, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #307 of 678
think you might be better off phoning Columbo...

genuinely feel for you guys that have sent money and phones though, not good. I used to really enjoy his posts. 

Jul 5, 2011 at 3:37 PM Post #308 of 678
what did you do to poor mr bean... 

Jul 5, 2011 at 3:39 PM Post #309 of 678

Quote:
I elect this dude as the next head grado guru 

I think he would have a bit of a sending problem from Honduras' mines 
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 5, 2011 at 3:46 PM Post #310 of 678
This is so very unfortunate.

If I was Bill and my intentions were pure, I would be subscribed to this thread and responding to EVERY single post, not only do the people who lost things deserve them back, but the community deserves an apology, and to be notified of what's going on. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like his intentions are pure :frowning2:

Jul 5, 2011 at 4:22 PM Post #311 of 678
This is so disappointing. For a while I really believed this thread would fade in a couple of days into oblivion and we could all just continue to have fun with chill out posting and cool mods. I mean, this is not a fortune we're talking about here... $1000... cannot figure the guy out. As I mentioned privately to a few before the brief resurgence, I thought he had a mental problem of some sort. It's getting harder to not believe that.

Bill dude, please come clean on this. There's people around this thread who trusted you. Some have low income or are too young to support themselves and they are missing their gear. For many listening to tunes is their live ***!!

Sound rules supreme? No. Integrity and self-respect do it.

Jul 5, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #312 of 678
Jul 5, 2011 at 4:50 PM Post #313 of 678

Quote:
I think he would have a bit of a sending problem from Honduras' mines 
tongue_smile.gif

the cups might or might not have gold dust in them 
very_evil_smiley.gif

and Im worried, this not not because of the shipping but I fear my cups waiting for me at home might not be usable...

and BTW Proglover's cups didnt had any sort of slots to clip on the hinges, and only one had a hole for the cable and its a very small one.

Jul 5, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #314 of 678

No holes for a cable? Mine had room for multiple cables.

Quote:
the cups might or might not have gold dust in them 
very_evil_smiley.gif

and Im worried, this not not because of the shipping but I fear my cups waiting for me at home might not be usable...

and BTW Proglover's cups didnt had any sort of slots to clip on the hinges, and only one had a hole for the cable and its a very small one.

Jul 5, 2011 at 5:01 PM Post #315 of 678

Quote:
He bit off his nose in contempt of (despite) his face...

ha ha nooo I love Mr Bean!

anyways, I personally don't think that Billavideo originally set out to scam or even manipulate to get money out of heafiers, He came across as an intelligent chap, and an intelligent chap wouldn't post pictures of themselves and kids if he wasn't genuine. I think that he saw a little business going on here but then couldn't keep up with it...or realised it was a lot more work than he was getting back and unfortunately hes done a runner !  Rather cowardly admittedly, but he'll have to get in touch soon as I don't think this is going to die down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back