Bijou All Tube Futterman Headphone Amplifier
Mar 17, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #4,204 of 4,278
Cavalli's website has been updated and most of the images for the bijou will not display anymore.

Does anyone have the schematic for amphead's mod?  And the drill templates would be nice also...  

thank you!

Mar 19, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #4,205 of 4,278
  Cavalli's website has been updated and most of the images for the bijou will not display anymore.

Does anyone have the schematic for amphead's mod?  And the drill templates would be nice also...  

thank you!

I second that.

I have a kit from glassjar/Jeff ready to go. I can determine most of the caps but not the resistors. I've searched this thread and with Google but no joy.

If anyone has the v2.0 BOMs for the amp boards and PSU board, parts designations, and schematics, I will be grateful and in your debt.

~ BMF

Mar 20, 2016 at 2:47 AM Post #4,206 of 4,278
Google waybackmachine.
Type cavallaudio.com into search window.
Try various dates between 2007 and Feb 2016. Most of the information is there but I cannot find a saved page for PSU schematic and a few others. Better than nothing.

Mar 20, 2016 at 8:11 PM Post #4,208 of 4,278
I have alerted Alex to this problem. He is at CanJam so it may take a little longer to get fixed.

Now would be a good time to dream up the amazing chassis to house the amp in
wink.gif

..dB

Thanks dB, and thanks to Alex. 

Hmm, maybe a Bijou UFO Double Decker.

Apr 28, 2016 at 3:37 PM Post #4,210 of 4,278
Bijou sounds fantastic!

Major kudos and many thanks to dBel84 for guidance on this and other projects...EHHA Rev A, CK2III, and more...and to Dr. Alex for the DIY designs, all of which sound great!!

~ BMF

PS: thanks to Jeff at glassjaraudio for the excellent kits that makes DIY easier and more fun.

Jul 13, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #4,211 of 4,278

Balanced it does...    :)

Quote:

I am a big fan of the 6n23p, and think they are a serious upgrade over the 6n1p, especially the -ev. I also liked them in my source far better than the stock EH 6922 (iirc), but not as well as the CCa (the eventual winner), which is teamed with some 1980 date code 6H30-DR, which might well be masking everything else. Sadly, the amp I targeted the 6n23 for (Raven) is now in other, more capable, hands. I was also wanting to hear some feedback on the 6n23 in the LF, and dedicated my remaining tubes for someone to roll these in, but haven't heard yet... but, didn't find the 6n23 until after I'd sold the Bijou.

@pabbi1 i know it's been a while since someone got the idea of hooking Bijou to speakers, can you or anyone share the word here - is it really worth the effort of doubling the Bijou circuitry just to run the speakers?

I have full range Audio Nirvana AN10, inside EZ-10 back-loaded horns enclosure. So far I was running them from my old restored sansui au-4900, and after todays trial (speakers connected via tiny cellphone-handsfree-cable) they sounded wider and deeper when fed from Bijou, but with higher volume the bass got distorted, I wonder whether this was due to high wire resistance, poor connection or i've simply hit amp limits.

So basically i'm deciding whether i'm starting new project or upgrading Bijou. But I like the idea of OTL
If upgrading - I should protect speakers with relay, right?
Do I need to change feedback, somehow?
What output power Bijou provides per channel?

As this is probably my first post here - I'd like to say *THANK YOU* to all of you who share it's knowledge - thanks to that I was able to stay unnoticed for years :)

Aug 24, 2016 at 5:32 AM Post #4,212 of 4,278
Hi to all.
It's about a month I'm looking around to build a DIY tube amp for headphones, and I'm studing about Cavalli Audio Bijou amp.
I'm trying to recover all images and files from the Cavalli Audio website, using Wayback Machine, but seems that something is unrecoverable.
I'm also trying to read the most part of the 280 pages of the thread..

I'd like to know, in the occasion I really start to build this project, if there is still some user in the thread that can follow me in the occasion I have some problem to troubleshot. In particular, living in Italy, I would interested in some one that can help me on finding european articles (for example 220V power transformer, capacitors, ecc.).
In addition, I'd like to know if there is some sort of brief along the thread,  with the last and known precautions, tweak and optimisations for this amp (being that the original project goes back to 2007)

Moreover, I would like to know if this amp would well fit my planar magnetic Audeze Sine with 20 ohms impedence.
Here the full datasheet:

StyleOn-ear, closed-back
Transducer typePlanar magnetic
Magnetic structureSingle-sided Fluxor
Magnet typeNeodymium
Diaphragm typeUniforce
Transducer size80 x 70mm
Maximum power handling6W
Maximum SPL>120dB
Frequency response10Hz – 50kHz
Total harmonic distortion<1% full spectrum @ 100dB
Impedance20 ohms
Optimal power requirement500mW – 1W
Weight230g

Thank you in adance, bye!

Aug 24, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #4,213 of 4,278
@giraz Despite fact I'm from EU, the best option for me was to order from http://glassjaraudio.com/product.sc?productId=12&categoryId=6, it ships from US. I've got all the parts, which are picked in great quality/price ratio. I believe this is Jeff's side hobby to run such an eshop, so be prepared he is not super responsive, all the time (i've got his response within 1-2days - which is excellent). But patience might save you a lot by getting all the circuitry parts at once.

Then go over mods and pick one you intend to apply, this might need some more additional parts.

For transformer, there is multiple options how to source Hammond in EU(at least mouser). For me the shipping costs for hammond covered expenses for custom made transformer by local manufacturer. 

Also I remember there was an option to use ~240VAC directly from power cord, so there was need get just transformer for heaters (6.3V)

I'm not that experienced to tell you for sure how exactly Bijou will handle 20Zohm Audeze.

Aug 24, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #4,214 of 4,278
Thank you @pepe8086 for the extensive reply. I contacted Glass Jar Audio and I'm waiting for an evaluation about shipping costs.
For transofmers, I will search about toroidal transformes too..

Thank you for now, any other reply would be very appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back