BF1942 or BF2? Both? CS Source?
Jun 10, 2006 at 8:24 PM Post #61 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli
Well, 1942 is kind of died down. Compared to the gameplay of BF2 it's not as exciting. I'm waiting for BF 2142. BF2 should keep you busy, and Vietnam isn't too bad for a taste of the jungle, but the system requirements are crazy-ish. If you like BF2 then source probably isn't for you. It's fast paced, and has a steep learning curve before you become good.

I didn't get BF 2, as my system would probably barely handle it online. CS Source and BF1942 with all of the expansions have been ordered. Hopefully I made the right choice, and if I decide I like CS Source, I can always get 1.6.

Jun 10, 2006 at 8:26 PM Post #62 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROphonez
I didn't get BF 2, as my system would probably barely handle it online. CS Source and BF1942 with all of the expansions have been ordered. Hopefully I made the right choice, and if I decide I like CS Source, I can always get 1.6.

CS:S and 1.6 are quite similiar, different graphics, I found the ak and m4a1 a bit different in source, but otherwise similiar games, same weapons.

Jun 10, 2006 at 8:32 PM Post #64 of 113
Quote:

Source is the one where you run faster with a knife, right? I always loved how dumb that idea is.

In both games you run faster with a knife, in 1.6 (not sure about source), you run fastest with a scout (a sniper rifle.)

Jun 10, 2006 at 8:44 PM Post #66 of 113
Hey JaGWiRE, why does it seem like you and me always end up having a long conversation whenever we respond to each other in threads?
tongue.gif

Jun 10, 2006 at 9:04 PM Post #67 of 113
Quote:

Hey JaGWiRE, why does it seem like you and me always end up having a long conversation whenever we respond to each other in threads?
tongue.gif

Seems to happen between me and a few other guys too, that's really why my post count is probably so high. Why? I have no idea, it's because we have a lot to debate and don't seem to piss eachother off?

Jun 10, 2006 at 9:35 PM Post #68 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
Seems to happen between me and a few other guys too, that's really why my post count is probably so high. Why? I have no idea, it's because we have a lot to debate and don't seem to piss eachother off?

I guess your theory does make sense, and you have been posting a lot in the past week.

Jun 10, 2006 at 9:39 PM Post #69 of 113
Quote:

I guess your theory does make sense, and you have been posting a lot in the past week.

Yeah, seems my bad virus and asthmas turned into a really runny nose and sore throat. Damnit, it's not like I'm going out, I've stayed in for the past like 2 weeks.

Jun 10, 2006 at 9:57 PM Post #70 of 113
I only skimmed through the thread so far...you got CS:S already? Which package did you get?

If you had gotten the Half-Life 2 Source Premier Pack for $60, it includes CS:S, DoD:S, and a couple other games as well. And support for custom mods too - if you don't like CS:S or DoD:S you wouldn't be locked into those. I don't know if getting CS:S by itself gives you support for custom mods.

Jun 10, 2006 at 10:13 PM Post #71 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr
I only skimmed through the thread so far...you got CS:S already? Which package did you get?

If you had gotten the Half-Life 2 Source Premier Pack for $60, it includes CS:S, DoD:S, and a couple other games as well. And support for custom mods too - if you don't like CS:S or DoD:S you wouldn't be locked into those. I don't know if getting CS:S by itself gives you support for custom mods.

Half Life 2 is probably enough to make the pack worth it, people spend hours and hours playing and re-playing that game
smily_headphones1.gif
. I think that CS:S is a decent choice, if his system has too much trouble playing it he can always pick up a CS 1.6 key pretty cheap on ebay probably.

Jun 10, 2006 at 10:16 PM Post #72 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr

I bought the one labeled Counter-Strike: Source. It comes with HL 2 Deathmatch and DoD Source along with CS:S. $28.99.

BF1942 was $14.98 with 3 expansion packs

Oh and by the way, I ended up spending nothing. My dad was going to get some books the other day, and I had exactly $43 worth of borders books and music store gift cards from my bar mitzvah. (yes, they were that old)

Jun 11, 2006 at 12:01 AM Post #73 of 113
Be sure to look forward to a good number of free mods for Steam as well. Some of my favorites are Battlegrounds 2 (Revolutionary War..muskets and bayonets
smily_headphones1.gif
), Team Fortress Classic, and Day of Defeat (non source).

Jun 11, 2006 at 12:17 AM Post #74 of 113
For some reason, I've been worrying about my decision of getting BF1942. I don't really know why, though. I feel like I make a bad choice, yet I know I like the BF playing style.

Jun 11, 2006 at 12:23 AM Post #75 of 113
Quote:

For some reason, I've been worrying about my decision of getting BF1942. I don't really know why, though. I feel like I make a bad choice, yet I know I like the BF playing style.

You didn't make a bad choice, BF1942 is golden. Awful fun, especially on the air maps. I love the older-model air combat vs BF2, if only because BF2's version is much too fast.

Ramming other people is always cool too... full steam ahead!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back