BF1942 or BF2? Both? CS Source?
Jun 11, 2006 at 1:48 AM Post #91 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by PYROphonez
Do I need to download steam to be able to play source, or does it come on the cd? If I have to download it, I may as well download it now.

Steam will be on the CD and should be installed during the installation process. No need to download anything.

Jun 11, 2006 at 1:50 AM Post #92 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr
Steam will be on the CD and should be installed during the installation process. No need to download anything.

Alright, thanks for letting me know.

Jun 12, 2006 at 8:00 PM Post #93 of 113
Woohoo! Another BF1942 victim... er... player!

GFX isn't state of the art, but gameplay is still SOLID. Need a joystick to control those wacky planes, though.

See you on Team Disciples! Their El Alamein map is INSANE. Right click in a jeep = 5000MPH.

Jun 13, 2006 at 1:14 AM Post #94 of 113
Anyone playing Call of Duty 2? Being a big fan of the original and UO I opted to play this game.

Jun 13, 2006 at 1:23 AM Post #95 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jbucla2005
Anyone playing Call of Duty 2? Being a big fan of the original and UO I opted to play this game.

Honestly, COD2 was a let down for me. Especially the single-player. Apart from the urban missions. Anything else was really bad. The AI is weak and it closes off paths to you. It's confusing, especially the minimap. Multiplayer is better, but alot of the people aren't very good. There are some really well balanced maps, but some are just crazy grenades and SMGs that after a while it takes little skill. Other maps are so rifles-based that if you don't get a sniper rifle you might as well be painted orange with a flaregun as a weapon. Graphics are fine though. Grenade effects are pretty good. Guns are fairly balanced, unlike DOD's k98 vs. M1 Grand. I also hated how every server has their own little life mod. I really liked in COD2 that you don't have a health bar, your screen gradually goes redder, and if it goes too far you die. The only way to recover is the hide and rest for a bit. Much better than looking for a medipack already guarded by a camper. It really balances the game and picks up the pace of the game ALOT. FInding a good server is also a daunting task, but not as daunting as other games such as BF2. Load times are acceptable.

I would recommend DOD first. It's the perfect WWII game. Good action, but you still need good skill and tactics. Graphics are good, and there are some challenging players out there.

Jun 13, 2006 at 1:25 AM Post #96 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Dangerous
See you on Team Disciples! Their El Alamein map is INSANE. Right click in a jeep = 5000MPH.

No way. I loved that map with Jeeps to sneak in behind and pistol people. 5000 mph? Dare I undust my copy?

Jun 13, 2006 at 2:30 AM Post #98 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli
Multiplayer is better, but alot of the people aren't very good.

Hmm... I am in a clan and we have regular 5 vs. 5 S&D scrims and I also played in a few CAL-O matches with them. I have no problem finding a challange. IMO S&D (Search and Destroy gametype) is the only way to play COD.

Jun 13, 2006 at 2:28 PM Post #99 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli
No way. I loved that map with Jeeps to sneak in behind and pistol people. 5000 mph? Dare I undust my copy?

Do dare! Update your server list and you'll see Team Disciples in there. They usually play a capture the flag map on El Alamein.

Jeeps go way fast (like jumping over the entire desert) and lots of additional planes and vehicles have been added... Mustang, Yak8, Iluyshin, two B17's, and lots of Zeros. It's insane.

Jun 27, 2006 at 2:35 AM Post #100 of 113
Well, after finally getting my package after waiting an extra 5 days after the estimated time (curse you, media mail!) both BF1942 and CS Source got here.

So far, I'm thoroughly enjoying CS:S and HL2: D. I haven't played DoD:S yet. I played HL:2 Lost Coast, but that was about 5 seconds. By the way, I get very solid gameplay on source with medium to high settings on a radeon 9200. I get the occasional lag, but that's because of my bad DSL connection. It usually stays fine, though.

As for BF1942, after installing all 8 of the cds, I find the game refusing to start up, instantly giving me the "Send Error Report/Don't Send" box.

Does anybody know how to fix this problem?

Jun 27, 2006 at 5:34 AM Post #101 of 113
Quote:

Well, after finally getting my package after waiting an extra 5 days after the estimated time (curse you, media mail!) both BF1942 and CS Source got here.

So far, I'm thoroughly enjoying CS:S and HL2: D. I haven't played DoD:S yet. I played HL:2 Lost Coast, but that was about 5 seconds. By the way, I get very solid gameplay on source with medium to high settings on a radeon 9200. I get the occasional lag, but that's because of my bad DSL connection. It usually stays fine, though.

As for BF1942, after installing all 8 of the cds, I find the game refusing to start up, instantly giving me the "Send Error Report/Don't Send" box.

Does anybody know how to fix this problem?

Sounds like a driver conflict or something?? I'de try a reinstall, although that won't be fun (wasn't there a dvd version?)

PS, pyro, for your sake, I'de just like to add I've sent about 6 packages since you ordered your games, and probably recieved another 4 easily
smily_headphones1.gif
. All of them have already arrived too, and I still have a few coming.

Jun 27, 2006 at 7:21 AM Post #102 of 113
Quit COD 2, playing oldschool COD UO now!!! YEA!!!!

Jun 27, 2006 at 12:44 PM Post #103 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaGWiRE
Sounds like a driver conflict or something?? I'de try a reinstall, although that won't be fun (wasn't there a dvd version?)

PS, pyro, for your sake, I'de just like to add I've sent about 6 packages since you ordered your games, and probably recieved another 4 easily
smily_headphones1.gif
. All of them have already arrived too, and I still have a few coming.

Curse You!
tongue.gif

I doubt a reinstall will help, as my friend had the same exact problem. I'm going to contact EA to see what they have to say. If they say reinstall, I might do it, but that is alot of stuff to uninstall, and then reinstall. 8 cds is not fun, and you need the cds to play.
eek.gif
(not all 8 of course)

Jun 27, 2006 at 1:07 PM Post #104 of 113
Quote:

Curse You!
tongue.gif

I doubt a reinstall will help, as my friend had the same exact problem. I'm going to contact EA to see what they have to say. If they say reinstall, I might do it, but that is alot of stuff to uninstall, and then reinstall. 8 cds is not fun, and you need the cds to play.
eek.gif
(not all 8 of course)

Wasn't there a dvd version? Maybe it's that your not meeting a requirement, .net or something. Google it, shrug. This is why I hate pc games, and only use my 360 now. Too many driver conflicts and software problems to deal with = annoying.

Jun 27, 2006 at 4:32 PM Post #105 of 113
This is really confusing now. So far, I've gotten Secret Weapons of WWII to start up once, and played for a bit, but no online games showed up. Do I need to add servers by IP?

Every other time I try, it either just shuts down, or gives me the error report box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back