Beyer's DT235
Apr 2, 2011 at 4:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Fizban

500+ Head-Fier
Hmmm just wondering, how come there's almost no mention of this classic?  What I wanna know is, how does this old champion compare to nowadays' offerings?

Apr 19, 2011 at 10:29 PM Post #4 of 6
I picked up a pair of DT235s a few months back and have been more than happy every since. Now that I've easily got a few hundred hours using them they sound fantastic for the price. Enough highs without being annoying, decent mids and enough bass without it feeling like there's a 15in sub strapped to my head.

Apr 19, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #5 of 6
Yes I bought them and I totally love them. If I had them before I goty t50p, i probably wouldn't bought the t50p

Nov 15, 2011 at 5:34 AM Post #6 of 6
I bought the DT231 recently (good price) and use them a lot, perhaps now my favourite headphone.  They are an "easy listen" and suit a wide range of music and I've had more episode of just "drifting off" with music since I got them.  In fact even at home when I'll often use them instead of my best headphones (Alessandro MS1) just because the are so welcoming and in general don't need a lot of fiddling with EQ etc to sound good but they do respond to a little bit of amping which is however more probably due to the signal coming via the line out than the headphone needing amped as such.  I get the impression I'd need to spend quite a bit to find a significant step up from these headphones.  They are a little bit anonymous in the looks department though if thats important to you.

Andy80F

Users who are viewing this thread

Back