Beyerdynamics for pop?
Aug 5, 2011 at 9:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

ccaian

New Head-Fier
For songs like metal, pop and electronic would the beyerdynamics DT880 be good, or are there better headphones around that price range? Thanks :D

Aug 5, 2011 at 10:14 PM Post #2 of 12
The DT880 are good for these genres and offers crisp extended highs, deep punchy bass with wide soundstage. The Ultrasone, Audio-Technica and sennheiser headphones are very good for these genres.

Aug 5, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #3 of 12
Beyers generally aren't good for electronic and pop IMO. They tend to sound too dry and bass lean. 

The only Beyer I'd give a nod to for these genres is the Dt150. Maybe the DT770 and T1. Have not heard the new Tesla 770 yet.

For these genres some Senn models are better like the HD650 and PX100-ii in my book.

Aug 5, 2011 at 11:10 PM Post #5 of 12
I liked the DT880 with rock and pop. The bass is a little boosted and the signature is a little forward, but they sounded good. Like a more neutral Grado with better extension. Also, they're very comfortable, one of the most comfortable headphones I've owned. I sold them to finance the HD-800.

Another in the price range I'd recommend is the Sennheiser HD-600. It's more neutral and balanced than the DT880.

Aug 5, 2011 at 11:27 PM Post #6 of 12

Quote:
I liked the DT880 with rock and pop. The bass is a little boosted and the signature is a little forward, but they sounded good. Like a more neutral Grado with better extension. Also, they're very comfortable, one of the most comfortable headphones I've owned. I sold them to finance the HD-800.

Another in the price range I'd recommend is the Sennheiser HD-600. It's more neutral and balanced than the DT880.

Am i glad tastes differ... I heard the HD600 and 598 and found both muffled sounding.
I do agree that the DT880 sound good with rock.They miss a bit of mid range but the highs make up for that.
Also, the comfort of the beyers is umatched.

Aug 6, 2011 at 8:11 AM Post #9 of 12
So, you listened to the DT770, and like them, but you're asking us whether they are a good choice?  If you like them, go for it, and be grateful that you have a chance to audition headphones before you buy.

Aug 6, 2011 at 9:12 PM Post #10 of 12
Oh, sorry what I was trying to say was that if there was other headphones besides beyerdynamics that i might consider, but nevermind, thanks anyways i'll just take the beyer's

Aug 7, 2011 at 6:39 PM Post #11 of 12
You don't need to say sorry, but I think joelpearce was just expressing that it doesn't matter what others think, buy what sounds good for you! If you ask enough people here what they think about headphone x or y you will get conflicting opinions sometimes and different takes on what they do well or poorly. In the end, just trust your ear and don't second guess yourself. Eventually you'll want a new sound signature and then you can try something different. For me after several years with Grado I wanted to hear a new signature and went with the DT880 and I really like the sound. Hope you enjoy your 770.

Aug 7, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #12 of 12
Yup.  You should definitely trust your ears more than other peoples' opinions.  Sorry if I sounded a bit abrupt.  Seriously, though, Beyerdynamic makes some great headphones, and I think you'll enjoy them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back