Beyerdynamic Xelento!
Jan 22, 2019 at 4:23 AM Post #1,381 of 2,944
I just recieved my Wide Bore Hybrid tips from Hungary.

They don't work for me at all. They suck out the details like Complies, isolate as bad as smaller stock tips and hurt my ear canal as much as the Rock Zircon tips I use when on the go. They combine all the bad things in one piece :frowning2:

Stock tips L: good comfort, loose fit and seal, best detail, mediocre bass punch.
Stock tips XL: bad comfort, mediocre fit and seal, good detail, good bass puch
Comply M: mediocre comfort, tight fit and seal, bad detail, lots (too much) of bass
Rock Zircon medium: mediocre to bad comfort, tight fit and seal, mediocre detail, best bass

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #1,383 of 2,944
I had best seal with original Xelento tips and for me they are still the most comfortable tips on the market.
New BYRD series is actually not bad too and I am looking for a similar form headphones that could be a high-end headset and for music on the go but at slightly lower pricepoint then Xelento. Sould BYRD is nearly perfect but I am spoiled by good materials and interchangable cables of more expensive IEMs but not spoiled enough to spend 600+ Euro again on a headset. I shouldn't have sold Xelento anyways...

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2019 at 7:49 AM Post #1,384 of 2,944
I reached out to Xelento this week to ask about the release of the Wireless version and they said "this should be released by the end of the Spring season." I wonder why the repeated delays (meanwhile, they've released many other new products, wired and wireless).

Jan 27, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #1,385 of 2,944
I have a question to you guys. Do you know a cable which would be close to stock one when it comes to timbre and overall sound sig but for balanced output? The X are super easy to drive but I would love to preserve the overall sound signature and try them with my WM1A out of Balanced Output as it is far superior to the Single End one :) Will appreciate any tips as long as the cable is relatively cheap :D Not really interested in anything more expensive than 250$ as there are few more important things on my buying list ^^

Jan 28, 2019 at 1:57 AM Post #1,386 of 2,944
Try removing the foam from Symbio and make Symbio Peel - no hurt and good seal

Thanks for the tip. Better seal and more bass then stock tips, but still not as comfortable. Kinda like the Rock Zircon tips I have been using on the go.

Jan 31, 2019 at 6:53 AM Post #1,387 of 2,944
I just recieved my Wide Bore Hybrid tips from Hungary.

They don't work for me at all. They suck out the details like Complies, isolate as bad as smaller stock tips and hurt my ear canal as much as the Rock Zircon tips I use when on the go. They combine all the bad things in one piece :frowning2:

Stock tips L: good comfort, loose fit and seal, best detail, mediocre bass punch.
Stock tips XL: bad comfort, mediocre fit and seal, good detail, good bass puch
Comply M: mediocre comfort, tight fit and seal, bad detail, lots (too much) of bass
Rock Zircon medium: mediocre to bad comfort, tight fit and seal, mediocre detail, best bass

I have really tricky ear canals and haven't really been able to find a good ear tip / earphone combo... its either the earphone hurts my ear or the earphone tip becomes too annoying. To give you some idea... none of the stock Xelento tips work for me, the smallest spinfits and even the smallest Klipsch tips irritate after a while.

However, the tips I am using with the Xelentos are the Ortofon eartips. They are the thinnest material tips I've used, which means they barely get in the way (flexible). Obviously, isolation is less than foam / thicker silicone tips, but I use my earphones on the go, and I'd take comfort over SQ pretty much everytime. They also allow for deeper insertion which helps to make up the difference a bit.

If anyone is looking for comfortable eartips for the Xelento, if you can find a 3-size pack to buy, I suggest you give them a go. I use medium, even though I've usually used small / xtra-small on other eartips.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #1,388 of 2,944
I have really tricky ear canals and have really been able to find a good ear tip / earphone combo... its either the earphone hurts my ear or the earphone tip becomes too annoying. To give you some idea... none of the stock Xelento tips work for me, the smallest spinfits and even the smallest Klipsch tips irritate after a while.

However, the tips I am using with the Xelentos are the Ortofon eartips. They are the thinnest material tips I've used, which means they barely get in the way (flexible). Obviously, isolation is less than foam / thicker silicone tips, but I use my earphones on the go, and I'd take comfort over SQ pretty much everytime. They also allow for deeper insertion which helps to make up the difference a bit.

If anyone is looking for comfortable eartips for the Xelento, if you can find a 3-size pack to buy, I suggest you give them a go. I use medium, even though I've usually used small / xtra-small on other eartips.
I had the same problem with the stock Xelento eartips. Do you have a link to where you bought these Ortofon tips?

Jan 31, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #1,389 of 2,944
I had the same problem with the stock Xelento eartips. Do you have a link to where you bought these Ortofon tips?

I bought them from B&H online way back when they used to stock them. But recently I lost a single tip and was looking to rebuy a 3 size pack. Unfortunately none of the sites I found would ship outside the US, so I ended up having to buy a 5 pair medium pack from eBay. If you're in the US here or here would work.

Jan 31, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #1,390 of 2,944
I bought them from B&H online way back when they used to stock them. But recently I lost a single tip and was looking to rebuy a 3 size pack. Unfortunately none of the sites I found would ship outside the US, so I ended up having to buy a 5 pair medium pack from eBay. If you're in the US here or here would work.
Many thanks for those links! Curious that Ortofon ship direct to almost every country in the world... apart from the US.

Feb 1, 2019 at 7:24 AM Post #1,391 of 2,944
Xelento wireless has been released (at least on the German site). The spare parts don't list the bluetooth receiver, though.

Feb 4, 2019 at 3:22 AM Post #1,392 of 2,944
I have a question to you guys. Do you know a cable which would be close to stock one when it comes to timbre and overall sound sig but for balanced output? The X are super easy to drive but I would love to preserve the overall sound signature and try them with my WM1A out of Balanced Output as it is far superior to the Single End one :) Will appreciate any tips as long as the cable is relatively cheap :D Not really interested in anything more expensive than 250$ as there are few more important things on my buying list ^^
I don't think you will get significant improvement with balanced cable. I have tried multiple chifi cables but couldn't hear any difference.
As for higher value cables I am quite happy with the iBasso CB12 4.4mm version. Good value for money. I can confirm its good quality due to use with very sensitive Campfire Audio Solaris. Don't have Xelento anymore to test with this cable.

Feb 4, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #1,394 of 2,944
I would like to ask whats the Lowest Price / Sale have you guys seen the Beyerdynamic Xelento goes for "NEW" including Black Friday etc... ?

Also Are there any Driver Flex?

They do have driver flex sometimes

I haven't seem many sales for them, I think about 500 USD or so, though I forgot where I saw that deal

Feb 10, 2019 at 2:35 AM Post #1,395 of 2,944
Xelento wireless has been released (at least on the German site). The spare parts don't list the bluetooth receiver, though.
About time. I had previously asked Beyerdynamic about their plans so make the wireless cable available to all and the response I got was yes. Though that needs to be tempered with the fact making unfulfilled commitments seems to be a thing with them with regards xelento wireless. What does give me hope is I had previously checked with the UK distributor and they where fully stocked with spare parts. Also I see wireless battery life had increased from estimated 5 hours to 8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back