Beyerdynamic Xelento!
Jan 7, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #1,366 of 2,944
It's curious that there's always some little time bomb in these fakes - something really obvious that, once you know what to look for, is a dead give-away. It's almost like the counterfeiters want to stamp their handiwork, or make sure they don't get duped into buying one of their own fakes :wink:

Interesting posts @spongeworthy - does your IEM have a serial "NO" or a serial "No"? I can't quite make it out on your photo.

Exactly my train of thought - why would they screw up the obvious difference on the face plates but make flawless copies of the packaging and accessories?

Jan 7, 2019 at 5:45 PM Post #1,367 of 2,944
It's curious that there's always some little time bomb in these fakes - something really obvious that, once you know what to look for, is a dead give-away. It's almost like the counterfeiters want to stamp their handiwork, or make sure they don't get duped into buying one of their own fakes :wink:

Interesting posts @spongeworthy - does your IEM have a serial "NO" or a serial "No"? I can't quite make it out on your photo.

P.S. I haven't yet seen fake Xelentos. It's probably only a matter of time, but right now Xelento might be a safer purchase. Xelento also has a bit less mid-bass (a good thing to my ears when using SpinFits).

I'm thinking it's a "good enough" scenario where the cost of retooling to get it just right outweigh the profits earned before people eventually start catching on. And I don't own a pair(yet), these photos were taken from the ads I've seen on japanese auction sites, and this picture is the clearest I can get of the ear pieces.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2019 at 5:56 PM Post #1,368 of 2,944
Exactly my train of thought - why would they screw up the obvious difference on the face plates but make flawless copies of the packaging and accessories?
Could be sloppy work, but it could also be intentional. It's not uncommon for counterfeiters (going back centuries) to include a subtle "signature" somewhere. It's almost heartwarming to see the care, attention to detail, and pride these counterfeiters take in their work :wink:

I'm thinking it's a "good enough" scenario where the cost of retooling to get it just right outweigh the profits earned before people eventually start catching on. And I don't own a pair(yet), these photos were taken from the ads I've seen on japanese auction sites, and this picture is the clearest I can get of the ear pieces.

I think this looks potentially sketchy. The photo isn't quite clear enough to make out the all-important piece of text. Thanks for posting this - it's a good warning to others.

Jan 7, 2019 at 8:40 PM Post #1,369 of 2,944
Whiles we talk about the subject fakes, there are fakes of both version, i've actually seen it, but not with full packaging, and can we keep on subject on the Xelento on this thread, And the AK version in the AK thread.

Jan 10, 2019 at 9:28 AM Post #1,370 of 2,944
Hi guys, somebody offered me around 650$ for this headphone 2nd hand, he bought it in August 2018.

Do you think it’s worth the price?

Right now I am using Audeze Sine as my portable headphone and really satisfied with it, but I’m looking to upgrade. I also own 1more Quad and liked it, even though the Audeze is much better. At home I use Philips Fidelio X2 and liked it too, but soundwise I think Audeze is still more detailed and balanced.

Thank you

Jan 10, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #1,371 of 2,944
Hi guys, somebody offered me around 650$ for this headphone 2nd hand, he bought it in August 2018.

Do you think it’s worth the price?

Right now I am using Audeze Sine as my portable headphone and really satisfied with it, but I’m looking to upgrade. I also own 1more Quad and liked it, even though the Audeze is much better. At home I use Philips Fidelio X2 and liked it too, but soundwise I think Audeze is still more detailed and balanced.

Thank you

Nobody can give you a definitive answer. You can buy brand new with a westone BT cable from Audio 46 for $900 (10% discount with code "majorhifi"). Is new in box, 2 year warranty, good return policy, and good quality BT cable worth $250 to you? If you email or call any authorized reseller, you may even get a better deal - or try Domo Audio shopping service.

Jan 10, 2019 at 10:22 PM Post #1,373 of 2,944
Hi there,

I am located in Southeast Asia, so I think purchasing from online or outside SE Asia is gonna be difficult. When you import things you also get import tariff and stuff.

Is the Beyerdynamic audiophile grade IEM? I have only been using Audeze Sine for the most part of my listening, do tou think buying Xelento is gonna be an upgrade? Thank you

Jan 15, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #1,376 of 2,944
Hi guys,
Anybody had chances to compare Xelento with ibasso IT04 ?

Jan 16, 2019 at 2:46 AM Post #1,377 of 2,944
Hi guys,
Anybody had chances to compare Xelento with ibasso IT04 ?

I did, but man, they are really different IEMs.

Xelento is a smooth IEM with a thick bass and not much of a treble sparkle, where IT04 is pretty linear in the bass, has a much cleaner and natural midrange, and a much brighter and sparklier treble. Overall, Xelento sounds a bit more detailed, but also much much more lush, more thick, more bass-heavy, where IT04 is much more linear in the bass, has a faster bass, with less quantity, has a less resolute midrange, which is actually quite smooth, and a brighter treble with more presence and more detail in the treble, where Xelento is pretty smooth.

Jan 16, 2019 at 3:27 AM Post #1,378 of 2,944

Xelento is a smooth IEM with a thick bass and not much of a treble sparkle, where IT04 is pretty linear in the bass, has a much cleaner and natural midrange, and a much brighter and sparklier treble. Overall, Xelento sounds a bit more detailed, but also much much more lush, more thick, more bass-heavy, where IT04 is much more linear in the bass, has a faster bass, with less quantity, has a less resolute midrange, which is actually quite smooth, and a brighter treble with more presence and more detail in the treble, where Xelento is pretty smooth.
thank u mate,
very clear your feedback.
I was curious to test IT04 because I'd expect a great sinergy with Dx200...so it's just a curiosity. But, from your feedback, despite I understood your point, I also understand Xelento is (as per my expectation) a little step higher.

Jan 16, 2019 at 3:36 AM Post #1,379 of 2,944
thank u mate,
very clear your feedback.
I was curious to test IT04 because I'd expect a great sinergy with Dx200...so it's just a curiosity. But, from your feedback, despite I understood your point, I also understand Xelento is (as per my expectation) a little step higher.

Happy to help!

If you prefer this type of lush and warm signature, Xelento is much more like that :)

IT04 has a good amount of kick, just isn't warm nor bassy, more balanced.

Overall, Xelento is also a bit more expensive than IT04, so it is expected of it to have a bit more details :)

Jan 16, 2019 at 5:44 AM Post #1,380 of 2,944

First day with Xelento.

“Smooth” is a good word to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back