Beyerdynamic Xelento!
Jan 2, 2019 at 8:21 AM Post #1,351 of 2,937
Thanks guys, I'll look into the T5p. Any first hand experience on whether to get v1 or v2?

I see a lot of love for the stock tips and this is one of the biggest things I love about the Xelentos. They don't need to be pushed too far in, if at all, to get great sound.

Jan 3, 2019 at 7:45 PM Post #1,352 of 2,937
Seems fairly likely that medium Sony hybrids will replace medium Spiral Dots as my favorite tips for T8iE/Xelento. They sound great, seal well, and are more of a shallow fit. Not quite as shallow as the stock tips but closer than most. More in line with the Spiral Dots in how shallow they are but with a much smaller opening which allows them to go a little deeper.

Jan 4, 2019 at 2:14 AM Post #1,353 of 2,937
Seems fairly likely that medium Sony hybrids will replace medium Spiral Dots as my favorite tips for T8iE/Xelento. They sound great, seal well, and are more of a shallow fit. Not quite as shallow as the stock tips but closer than most. More in line with the Spiral Dots in how shallow they are but with a much smaller opening which allows them to go a little deeper.
Link plz

Jan 4, 2019 at 3:21 PM Post #1,354 of 2,937
Hey guys, I absolutely love my Xelentos but have been itching to purchase an over-ear pair of headphones. Has anyone found a pair of OEs that matches the Xelento's sound signature?

I recently owned the Focal Elex, these are darker, but these have a funny and detailed signature.

Jan 4, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #1,355 of 2,937
Hey guys, I absolutely love my Xelentos but have been itching to purchase an over-ear pair of headphones. Has anyone found a pair of OEs that matches the Xelento's sound signature?

I have listened to the Xelento for an hour and compared to my DT1770 Pro, although the Xelento was a demo item without sufficient burn in time.
The Xelento's details, sound stage and quality is par with the DT1770, the only difference I found is the more front mids. Very emphasized mids and mid-highs with the stock silicon pads actually. When switched to the Comply foams the sound has became more balanced, I think almost equals to the 1770. After a proper burn in time maybe the mids and highs could soften up?

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #1,356 of 2,937
Should Spinfit CP100 or CP145 fit better for the Xelento?

Edit: Contacted Spinfit directly and they reccomend CP145.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #1,357 of 2,937
Are these fake? Did the MK I's ever have the updated cable? The text seems on the headphones seem off too. I'm seeing these pop up recently around ebay and foreign auction sites.
i-img1024x863-1542890400w3tn8t503908.jpg

Jan 7, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #1,358 of 2,937
Are these fake? Did the MK I's ever have the updated cable? The text seems on the headphones seem off too. I'm seeing these pop up recently around ebay and foreign auction sites.
i-img1024x863-1542890400w3tn8t503908.jpg
It's hard to imagine somebody making fake copies including all the packaging and accessories. I think it's more likely that AK put together all remaining inventory however they could and dumped those to whoever could move them.

If you do find out these are fake, please ask the fakers how we can order replacement ear tips!

Jan 7, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #1,359 of 2,937
It's hard to imagine somebody making fake copies including all the packaging and accessories. I think it's more likely that AK put together all remaining inventory however they could and dumped those to whoever could move them.

If you do find out these are fake, please ask the fakers how we can order replacement ear tips!

Fakes do exist, that much is for sure.

https://www.dcfever.com/trade/view.php?id=6546156

The text is closer to the edges on the real ones, and the fake ones have "NO." Instead of "No." text. Some Amazon reviews are claiming to have received fakes. I wanted to double check with peeps on here since I can't see the earphones themselves that well in the pictures so I wanted to see if the cable ever got upgraded on the MK I, but I'm thinking these are fake.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #1,360 of 2,937
Fakes do exist, that much is for sure.

https://www.dcfever.com/trade/view.php?id=6546156

The text is closer to the edges on the real ones, and the fake ones have "NO." Instead of "No." text. Some Amazon reviews are claiming to have received fakes. I wanted to double check with peeps on here since I can't see the earphones themselves that well in the pictures so I wanted to see if the cable ever got upgraded on the MK I, but I'm thinking these are fake.

Interesting. Again, I don't think the fake ones would include all of the original accessories. If you receive fake ones fully packaged, it's probably a return from an unscrupulous buyer who replaced the genuine ear pieces with fakes. This type of illegal "switch" happens often at Amazon.

Where did you buy yours from?

Jan 7, 2019 at 5:33 PM Post #1,361 of 2,937
Fakes have come with the original looking packaging for other brands. Why couldn’t they for the Xelento and T8iE? Do you think it’s harder to copy the packaging than the actual IEM for some reason? I don’t.

Jan 7, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #1,362 of 2,937
Interesting. Again, I don't think the fake ones would include all of the original accessories. If you receive fake ones fully packaged, it's probably a return from an unscrupulous buyer who replaced the genuine ear pieces with fakes. This type of illegal "switch" happens often at Amazon.

Where did you buy yours from?

Why wouldn't it? I've never heard of a fake product trying to pass as genuine to not include everything that you would expect from it's real counterpart, doesn't make sense for the manufacturer to go through all the trouble to create fake earpieces for a high end IEM to just skimp on everything else, sounds completely counterintuitive. The accessories are probably the easiest thing about it to fake, hell, it might even be OEM.

And I don't own a pair, which is why I'm asking you folks :p, found some deals that were too good to be true and now I'm thinking I may be right.

Jan 7, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #1,363 of 2,937
It's curious that there's always some little time bomb in these fakes - something really obvious that, once you know what to look for, is a dead give-away. It's almost like the counterfeiters want to stamp their handiwork, or make sure they don't get duped into buying one of their own fakes :wink:

Interesting posts @spongeworthy - does your IEM have a serial "NO" or a serial "No"? I can't quite make it out on your photo.

P.S. I haven't yet seen fake Xelentos. It's probably only a matter of time, but right now Xelento might be a safer purchase. Xelento also has a bit less mid-bass (a good thing to my ears when using SpinFits).

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #1,364 of 2,937
Fakes have come with the original looking packaging for other brands. Why couldn’t they for the Xelento and T8iE? Do you think it’s harder to copy the packaging than the actual IEM for some reason? I don’t.

Why wouldn't it? I've never heard of a fake product trying to pass as genuine to not include everything that you would expect from it's real counterpart, doesn't make sense for the manufacturer to go through all the trouble to create fake earpieces for a high end IEM to just skimp on everything else, sounds completely counterintuitive. The accessories are probably the easiest thing about it to fake, hell, it might even be OEM.

And I don't own a pair, which is why I'm asking you folks :p, found some deals that were too good to be true and now I'm thinking I may be right.

Pure speculation on my part based on how elaborate the AK packaging is and the fact that nobody has found replacement ear tips for the original oval silicon ones.

Jan 7, 2019 at 5:39 PM Post #1,365 of 2,937
For what it’s worth I did buy mine from Amazon and get a real one, but I ordered from an authorized dealer that also had Prime shipping. Mine is legit. I have compared with the pics for fakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back