Feb 24, 2010 at 1:58 PM Post #2,086 of 3,971
donthuang;6427774 said:
Headroom's raw picture
Beat me to it. Here's the adjusted FR

graphCompare.php

Feb 24, 2010 at 2:19 PM Post #2,087 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by hawat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sometimes after a tiring day I like to get my old hd650 out for their darkish, sweet, smooth but textured sound and play some relaxing songs, I think many people still love them for those characteristics too.
I have no doubt that the t1 will be technically better but I' m not so sure that they would completely replace them, from the description I have heard so far, it sounds like they will be like a totally different type of can.

I never really was inspired by the HD650s. The "oh snap" moment I had with them was when I was watching It Might Get Loud in December with them and just had to tear them off my head 30 minutes into it, not only was the clamp making me dizzy, the sound was just not inspiring in anyway....and this is coming from a HUGE Jimmy Page fan!

As soon as I got the Grado RS1s (before I owned the T1/HD800) on my head, I felt immediate satisfaction and began to enjoy the best documentary ever! I sold the HD650s with SAA Equinox cable within weeks of that moment.

Feb 24, 2010 at 2:33 PM Post #2,089 of 3,971
The funny thing still about those graphs is that I would never buy a loudspeaker with a FR like that...and yet the HD800, T1, and D7000 are all pretty amazing sounding headphones IMO...

Feb 24, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #2,090 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The funny thing still about those graphs is that I would never buy a loudspeaker with a FR like that...and yet the HD800, T1, and D7000 are all pretty amazing sounding headphones IMO...

It's the nuances of the sound signature that really matter to the human ear and FR graphs don't communicate ANYTHING about sound "quality" (only quantity). Over time, I've grown weary of them and have gotten to the point that I no longer pay any attention at all to the graphs unless there is something that looks WAY out of line.

Feb 24, 2010 at 4:26 PM Post #2,091 of 3,971
I notice the Denon used for graph on previous page is D7000............and the Denon in graph this page is D5000

Feb 24, 2010 at 4:29 PM Post #2,092 of 3,971
Just got confirmation. The next batch of t1 were received at some places yesterday! They said beyer sent a small number but said the shipments will be more frequent. Congrats to november/december orders. You're getting your t1 from headphonesolutions soon!

Feb 24, 2010 at 4:55 PM Post #2,095 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaycalgary /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So you sit there and listen to music cranked while you work? Must be nice

Not cranked, but it's audible on the few open-backed cans I've tried. I'm a systems analyst who spends his days writing scripts and reports, so a way to tune out the rest of my department is necessary. (this is what got me into headphones, not that anyone asked or cares.
popcorn.gif
)
beyersmile.png

Feb 24, 2010 at 4:55 PM Post #2,096 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I never really was inspired by the HD650s. The "oh snap" moment I had with them was when I was watching It Might Get Loud in December with them and just had to tear them off my head 30 minutes into it, not only was the clamp making me dizzy, the sound was just not inspiring in anyway....and this is coming from a HUGE Jimmy Page fan!

As soon as I got the Grado RS1s (before I owned the T1/HD800) on my head, I felt immediate satisfaction and began to enjoy the best documentary ever! I sold the HD650s with SAA Equinox cable within weeks of that moment.

I guess they were just not suited for your music taste if they got the kick so fast against the rs1
wink.gif
since they are 2 completely different beast.

But I don't think that the hd650 are the type of phones that are going to impress and make people go "wow", it took me some time to realize that I really liked them for the characteristics I described earlier, at first they were just the ok phones to use when I didn't want use my other closed phone during summer, as for the clamp, it also goes away with time after that they get really comfortable.

Feb 24, 2010 at 6:45 PM Post #2,097 of 3,971
Good news regarding next batch. Congrats to Beyer for such a popular phone.

Feb 24, 2010 at 10:28 PM Post #2,098 of 3,971
Let me notice (again?) that this "sound of headphone A is above headphone B" debate is a real matter of taste and also out of habit.

I own some headphones from the bottom line up to the top line and have to say that I'm not willing to miss one of it.

For example: some recordings simply sound best on a MS1i while they are not enjoyable with the HD800... same goes for every other headphone comparison I did.

There is sadly no "uberheadphone" that sounds absolutely awesome @ every type/kind of recording/music.

But there are truly some very bad sounding headphones that can't offer anything pleasing to me, no matter what recording they are fed with. For them I pressed every time I've listened to them for a while my internal "SELL NOW" button in my head. (Well, after that, I often bought another one... and many times I've sold it, too.)

I'm really really really addicted to headphones... as long as I have no good place for the Focal-JMlab Grande Utopia EM... one of the best pieces of crap made by my beloved neighbour country...
biggrin.gif
wink_face.gif

PS: Just remember this hobby is at all a real bargain, because you can easily pay 130.000.000-140.000.000 USD for a genuine Klimt or Pollok... (It's a mad world indeed...)

Feb 24, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #2,099 of 3,971
Just got a shipping confirmation!
smile_phones.gif

Only five days from placing the order to confirmation. Much better than I was hoping for. Way better than the Stax SR-404LE's which took months...

Feb 25, 2010 at 2:05 AM Post #2,100 of 3,971
My T1 with the Black Dragon Cable landed this afternoon. I really like what I hear so far.
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back