Beyerdynamic to launch new top headphone at IFA -- called T1
Nov 27, 2009 at 11:54 AM Post #556 of 3,971
@ odigg

I found the HD 800 also to be a really good headphone,maybe i interpreted it as a "wow" effect, but when i listened to the T1, i was more comfortable with this one, as i said, more "honest", classical music sounds incredibly natural through the T1, also Rock.

Nov 27, 2009 at 7:09 PM Post #557 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by donthuang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
offtopic

I rent a unit of A1 to test from my friend . (Yes, i have many friends,lol) . headphone is very old DT990.

As my heard, A1's bass not muddy or slow, but the midband,especially low mid range has the feature similar to NOS DAC. cant tell more detail impression now, but I guess that's the point of "love or hate".

Still off topic
tongue_smile.gif

A1 is very special amp, not like most SS amp i heard
,and not like most Tube amp ,too.

At first the mid, especially low-mid range , seems slight "lose control" .

But the strange point is : that sounds not bad, really not bad , even i feel that "slight lose control" sounds more natural than usual SS amp.

I am serious,not kidding, , A1's treble & bass just like those "good SS amp" we heard/expect , freq extend, clarity. But it's midband just make me confused.

Nov 28, 2009 at 12:13 AM Post #558 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by knopfy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@ odigg

I found the HD 800 also to be a really good headphone,maybe i interpreted it as a "wow" effect, but when i listened to the T1, i was more comfortable with this one, as i said, more "honest", classical music sounds incredibly natural through the T1, also Rock.

The HD800 differs according to its source and the cable used with it. Whoever gets to compare the T1 with the HD800s could usefully say what cable the HD800s in question have.

Nov 28, 2009 at 6:56 AM Post #560 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find the identification of a headphone's cable to be meaningless.

biggrin.gif

Nov 28, 2009 at 7:45 AM Post #561 of 3,971
Quote:

I find the identification of a headphone's cable to be meaningless.

Names are of course meaningless, so the identification of the cable will be meaningless on its own. I personally have found the cable used with the HD800s to alter the sound of the HD800s. That's not meaningless, surely?

Nov 28, 2009 at 11:50 AM Post #562 of 3,971
To me it is. I have not found cables to make a significant difference with headphones, if any, including the 800. I thought I head a difference with a Cardas cable once (with a 650), but that easily could have been my mind playing tricks. But even if the cable does impart some subtle flavor of its own, it is hardly enough to change the overall nature of the cans such that it will meaningfully change the sonic comparison to another headphone.

EDIT: I will add that the different 800 cables I have heard have been under meet conditions, so there's that.

Nov 28, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #563 of 3,971
Quote:

To me it is. I have not found cables to make a significant difference with headphones, if any, including the 800. I thought I head a difference with a Cardas cable once (with a 650), but that easily could have been my mind playing tricks. But even if the cable does impart some subtle flavor of its own, it is hardly enough to change the overall nature of the cans such that it will meaningfully change the sonic comparison to another headphone.

EDIT: I will add that the different 800 cables I have heard have been under meet conditions, so there's that.

Ah. As a matter of logic, that makes sense. My experience is different - and I don't think it's hysteria.

Nov 28, 2009 at 7:17 PM Post #564 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by knopfy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@ odigg

Is this "honest" means more rich & accurate timbre
or tone color,just like those music should be?
wink_face.gif

Nov 29, 2009 at 9:08 AM Post #565 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by spinali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
T1 girl seems to be the kind of girl who'd have no problem with an extended break-in period. But there will still be people who'll say it's all psychological.

I guess I'd have to prove them wrong.

Don't you wonder if she has had a lot of break-in in the factory itself? And of course I am talking about the headphones.
wink.gif

Dec 4, 2009 at 7:11 PM Post #567 of 3,971
Knopfy - is there any update as to when we will be able to actually hear the T1 in the USA. It is now past the first of December............so, when? It is the only new headphone that remains of possible interest IMO........and liking my modded HF-2 a lot..........

Dec 4, 2009 at 11:47 PM Post #568 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by manuvajpai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't you wonder if she has had a lot of break-in in the factory itself? And of course I am talking about the headphones.
wink.gif

Ain't nothin' like some objectification of women to get that 18-35 yr demographic to like your product.
gs1000.gif

Dec 5, 2009 at 1:00 AM Post #569 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by anetode /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ain't nothin' like some objectification of women to get that 18-35 yr demographic to like your product.
gs1000.gif

Yeah. I'd buy anything T1 girl has to sell. Maybe even a $1500 headphone.

Except I'm already living with a $1400 HD800. Is it morally wrong to lust in my heart for another pair of phones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back