Beyerdynamic to launch new top headphone at IFA -- called T1
Dec 5, 2009 at 3:56 AM Post #571 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by spinali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah. I'd buy anything T1 girl has to sell. Maybe even a $1500 headphone.

Except I'm already living with a $1400 HD800. Is it morally wrong to lust in my heart for another pair of phones?

We leave our morals at the door.. It's ok..

Dec 7, 2009 at 12:23 PM Post #572 of 3,971
Quote:

Except I'm already living with a $1400 HD800. Is it morally wrong to lust in my heart for another pair of phones?

Yes! It is very wrong. Even beyer doesn't want you to cheat on your headphones. That is why they have another subject to divert your frustration.
atsmile.gif

Dec 7, 2009 at 1:44 PM Post #574 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Henerenry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, just to clarify, what is the rrp and/or street price of this thing expected to be?

$1295, I believe (and the Beyerdynamic site has it listed for €890). However, I see that headphonesolutions.com is already offering it for $995, so it might be that there won't be the same enforced single sales price-situation as with the HD800 (which would be good).

Dec 7, 2009 at 1:53 PM Post #575 of 3,971
Quote:

Well, the T1 girl sure has the "wow!" effect. I'm wondering if it's possible to ship her and the phones to the U.S. Then we can finally do a definitive test on break-in.

Hah! I second that. I'd like a few hours with the T1 girl myself. Although I doubt my girlfriend would be too pleased.
biggrin.gif

Dec 7, 2009 at 5:32 PM Post #576 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hah! I second that. I'd like a few hours with the T1 girl myself. Although I doubt my girlfriend would be too pleased.
biggrin.gif

Tell her that she is a review sample. Will be gone soon
wink.gif

Dec 8, 2009 at 12:48 AM Post #581 of 3,971
Well, I really don't like Asian girls so much... so you can take the girl, while I listen to the phones...
k701smile.gif

Okay, let's get back to Northern-German seriousness:

Here is a very nice German test.

The beyerdynamic T1 is tested against the Ultrasone Edition 8 and the Sennheiser HD800.

UE8 | HD800 | T1

Maybe it was already posted here?! Then just ignore it!

BTW: I will receive my T1 at the end of January 2010... I'm so excited!
smily_headphones1.gif

BTW2: The editor of the test writes, that he also wanted to test the Grado Reference RS1 against the other headphones, but that Grado denied it with the words "kein Interesse" ("We're not interested./We do not care.")

Greetings from Germany

Dec 8, 2009 at 3:01 AM Post #584 of 3,971
There's a comparison chart on page 20. Looks like the HD800 scores half a star higher for comfort, with the T1 equaling or surpassing the HD800 in the other categories, for whatever that is worth. Quite a lengthy article; I guess they take headphones pretty seriously in Germany!

Dec 8, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #585 of 3,971
You can check out page 20 where they show summary ratings. The rest i only can babelfish them to get a rough idea. I only babelfished the "Klang" portions for each headphone.

Seems T1 is the clear winner among the 3, with the only con being "no removable cable", even so its a +/- point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back