Beyerdynamic to launch new top headphone at IFA -- called T1
Nov 24, 2009 at 9:05 AM Post #526 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by donthuang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
3.Vocal very good! sweet&natural,just like "Super" ver. DT880'03.

4.Treble is amazing, close DT48,but not narrow,
spacious、 transparency、airiness and power.

Thanks for sharing those early impressions. I love the ability to recreate the specific ambiance of every recording. The DT48 are very capable in this regard as well.

I see your friend owns the DT48. Do you know how the T1 compare to the DT48, especially in the mids !

Thanks

Nov 24, 2009 at 1:57 PM Post #527 of 3,971
This thread will be a lot more interesting when the T1 is actually available
wink.gif

Nov 24, 2009 at 3:08 PM Post #529 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by shamu144 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for sharing those early impressions. I love the ability to recreate the specific ambiance of every recording. The DT48 are very capable in this regard as well.

I see your friend owns the DT48. Do you know how the T1 compare to the DT48, especially in the mids !

Thanks

Hello, i asked my friend, got his answer:

1.He doesn't very like A1, even in his private opinion, A1 just "mess up "T1's sound..... all he can do is just try to check & guess T1's "real face".

2.Mid to bass close DT880pro, Mid to Highs close DT48E, but more open.

3.T1's Highs (or treble) somehow make he think about ELAC's flagship speaker:The "Spirit of Music" , that treble even can compare Stax SR007. (Gush....)

4.Again, this is just the "first impression" in short listen time, so may change or different in future.

*About A1.....I don't heard this amp before, but to my friend's report.
Seems A1's damper factor is not "High" , so the bass is slow or muddy .

This feature maybe not very help to control a new headphone usually with higher Qts.

But wile the burn-in , headphone's Qts would be slight lower , I don't know A1's low damper factor feature would have some special ability or function.

To the measure, A1 indeed is a very "linear" headphone amp.

(this picture is 300ohm load)

16186ce80fb11598c1b.jpg

Nelson Pass even writes his find: some low Q full-range driver "don't like" amps with high damper factor, in short they sounds not too good in this kind of amps.

But the headphones always has much lower Q than full-range driver.....in example, HD650's Qts is 0.3, HD800's Qts is only 0.1.

I am confused. (sigh...)

Nov 24, 2009 at 9:45 PM Post #530 of 3,971
Thanks again Donthuang.

Apparently, T1 - unlike the HD800 - is not a radical departure from "Beyer house sound" but rather an improved version... Very interesting indeed. I absolutely love my DT48E. Didn't care too much for the DT880 especially because of their hot treble. But if the T1 take the best of both, that would probably be my dream HP.

Hopefully we shouldn't wait too long before more impressions are available.

Nov 24, 2009 at 9:56 PM Post #531 of 3,971
Quote:

Hello, i asked my friend, got his answer:

1.He doesn't very like A1, even in his private opinion, A1 just "mess up "T1's sound..... all he can do is just try to check & guess T1's "real face".

3.T1's Highs (or treble) somehow make he think about ELAC's flagship speaker:The "Spirit of Music" , that treble even can compare Stax SR007. (Gush....)

4.Again, this is just the "first impression" in short listen time, so may change or different in future.

*About A1.....I don't heard this amp before, but to my friend's report.
Seems A1's damper factor is not "High" , so the bass is slow or muddy .

This feature maybe not very help to control a new headphone usually with higher Qts.

But wile the burn-in , headphone's Qts would be slight lower , I don't know A1's low damper factor feature would have some special ability or function.

Nelson Pass even writes his find: some low Q full-range driver "don't like" amps with high damper factor, in short they sounds not too good in this kind of amps.

But the headphones always has much lower Q than full-range driver.....in example, HD650's Qts is 0.3, HD800's Qts is only 0.1.

I am confused. (sigh...)

From my experience many Beyer headphones sound better when driven from a higher output impedance. There is a European standard IEC 61938 which specifies 120 ohm source (output) impedance for headphone amplifiers. Beyer's A1 is 100 ohm. Why they went with 100 ohm and not 120 ohm is unknown to me.

I'm looking forward to the T1 (can it surpass the DT931 as my favorite beyer?), but want to hear it before spending the $$$.

Nov 25, 2009 at 2:59 AM Post #532 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by shamu144 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks again Donthuang.

Apparently, T1 - unlike the HD800 - is not a radical departure from "Beyer house sound" but rather an improved version... Very interesting indeed. I absolutely love my DT48E. Didn't care too much for the DT880 especially because of their hot treble. But if the T1 take the best of both, that would probably be my dream HP.

Hopefully we shouldn't wait too long before more impressions are available.

I'm also intrigued by the DT880 S.. The original.. Oddly enough, I'm not a fan of the Beyer house sound.. I owned the DT770/880 05 250ohm version/DT990 05.. I liked them, but was not overly impressed as I was with Sen/Sony/AKG offerings.. It wasn't until the DT48, until I became a huge Beyer fan, as the DT48 sounds nothing like the 3 headphones I mentioned, albeit, shares some characteristics with the DT880.. I think the DT880 S & DT48e could rival each other..

Nov 25, 2009 at 6:47 AM Post #533 of 3,971
Quote:

Wow, if this is really how it will turn out to sound, it would be just about the ideal headphone for me. I'm really hoping they manage to 'out-neutral' the HD800 and provide a truly balanced treble response.
If it wasn't for my total lack of money at the moment, I would pre-order it now.
redface.gif

Nov 25, 2009 at 8:53 AM Post #534 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drosera /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, if this is really how it will turn out to sound, it would be just about the ideal headphone for me. I'm really hoping they manage to 'out-neutral' the HD800 and provide a truly balanced treble response.
If it wasn't for my total lack of money at the moment, I would pre-order it now.
redface.gif

My point exactly !

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBI
I think the DT880 S & DT48e could rival each other..

Imagine the best of both
tongue_smile.gif

Still, I love my DT48E so much that the T1 will really have to be outstanding in ALL aspects to make me part with them... Let's see...

Nov 25, 2009 at 3:45 PM Post #535 of 3,971
It'd be amusing if, after all of the fanfare, the T1 sounds exactly like the HD800. It's already been hinted that it will be more than a simply glorified DT880, which makes the announcement in a few days all the more interesting. It certainly looks better than the HD800.

Nov 25, 2009 at 4:16 PM Post #537 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by knopfy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The T1 definitevely does NOT sound like the HD 800 :wink: I assure you :)

Maybe you could share with us more extensively how HD800 and T1 differ
tongue.gif

Nov 26, 2009 at 7:45 AM Post #538 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by knopfy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The T1 definitevely does NOT sound like the HD 800 :wink: I assure you :)

Hello, does beyer have any plan of "downgrade" the new tech used in T1
to the price range of DT770/880/990? Or any plan of "baby T1" ?

DT990 is very good, but it's Strong low mid/midbass really not easy to control.

Nov 26, 2009 at 10:57 AM Post #539 of 3,971
The T1 is more "honest" regarding the tonal spectrum imo, more "straight". It does not have the "WOW" effect of the HD800 at a first glance, but when listening longer time, you get all instruments as they are (my opinion!)

Regarding a possibly planned downgrade, i can't say anything at the time being.

Nov 26, 2009 at 11:16 AM Post #540 of 3,971
Quote:

Sorry M00h, I fixed my post.

Another impression in Japanese.
試è�´è¨˜éŒ²ï½�ï½”11/14:弦音:So-netブãƒ*ã‚°

1.Slightly more bass amount than DT880pro, but not as much as DT990pro , speed very fast.

2.Treble not very "funny". (errr... My japanese not very good, i guess this refers to "lack some character" )

3.Sound Stage is big, but somehow too "Position in front of" , he not very like this kind of "sound stage" .

And he continues write:If i want this "position in front of", Just use Speakers, why headphone?

4.Because of that treble , T1 sounds slightly boring.

The more impression i read, the more confuse in my mind.

Indeed those "first impression" not very accurate or believable, but in the case of T1
that's seems something very different.

One side says T1 has sweet mid, punch bass , very "enjoyable" .
One side says T1 is not "funny", accord to that lotusblüte guy, even more neutral & accurate than HD800 , and both side use A1 to driver.......

I don't think this is just because different source.

Anyway.....still waiting the chance to hear T1 . Maybe 2010? (sigh)

Don’t be frustrated. I will more bias to the impression of saying “T1 has sweet mid, punch bass , very "enjoyable" . without hesitation after hearing it.
icon10.gif

Untitled-4-2.jpg

DSC02915.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back