Beyerdynamic to launch new top headphone at IFA -- called T1
Aug 17, 2010 at 8:43 PM Post #3,707 of 3,971

Quote:

Here ya go, buddy.

From the Audeze thread: Located Here

immtnbiker's Quote: 8/1/10

"Last night, I sat down and did a serious listening session comparing the LCD-s', the T-1's and the Denon 7000's (which were completely rewired from head to toe using Siltech wiring by Drew of Moon Audio).

First of all, I was extremely surprised to find that the T-1's bass were totally anemic compared to the other 2 brands. It was just plain missing. "

USG

The T1's bass is anemic next to the D7000...no doubt. But then again so do all neutral/balanced headphones when compared to the Denons (including the HD650s). For me the HD800's have bang on neutral bass and the T1's bass is slightly more impactful than neutral and anything more is coloured. No issues. If that's what floats your boat, then I recommend you look into the D7000s.
bigsmile_face.gif

BTW:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/440799/beyerdynamic-to-launch-new-top-headphone-at-ifa-called-t1/3630#post_6840333

Good to know about the LCD-2's bass. So with the HD650 vice grip clamp and now overly impactful bass, I guess they are not for me (as I already own the D7000s and love their fun sound signature).

Again, please have a listen to the K701s, HD600, HD800s...all have neutral bass. If you're used to the HD650's bass, then yes, anything less is anemic. But based on my initial postings from way back in January and Skylab's in December, neither of us mentioned that they had overly impactful bass.

Aug 17, 2010 at 8:50 PM Post #3,708 of 3,971

Quote:
MacedonianHero – HeadRoom Micro amp (solid state SE packed amp) is nice device with 349 dollars, but this is very “weak” device. My friend borrowed me him Casea Lyra mk2 with DAC so I am detailly practicing with mz D-7000, HD 800 and T1 (or DT 990 32 or 600 ohm impedantion, DT 440 edition 2007, MMX 300, HD 600, HD 650 ...). This is not portable amp (desktop amp) but the quality of the result (I think) is totally incomparing able as with these portable toys. In Lyra is applied serious DAC (Sirius II) and very serious components in headphone amp part. The black background and perfectly solved master clock (with extremely small jitter) does great things for sound reproduction. I compared them with several portable toys which I found around friends and nothing is comparable as this relatively “compact” amp. This amp is much smaller then RPX 300 and a bit bigger then Beyer A1. So if you want obtain very serious quality of the sound reproduction trough serious solid state amp very good pricetag trough these three headphones (include RS-1 and other Grado’s …) then sell HeadRoom toy and purchase this one.

PS: Trebles have much more details, they are more realistic and “with live” etc.

Neptius do you have to drop your two cents on everything? My main amp is more than sufficient to drive the T1s. As mentioned the Micro Amp is for my bedside rig and has tonnes of power (surprisingly), I keep it literally at 9 or 10 o'clock on High Gain. Anything near 12 noon will blow your eardrum. Have you ever heard the Headroom Micro Amp? I would guess no.

So please go listen to it and then come back....sheesh.
rolleyes.gif
. (Since you can't see the image very well...I'm rolling my eyes). I think I have a new candidate to add to my ignore list. I think you're status on other's ignore lists is growing by the day. You are really one of the most annoying people I've had the misfortune to come across.

I think Monkey said it best:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/427946/best-hd800-amp/375#post_6836186

At least Upstateguy is reasonable and a respected Headfier (by myself included). You on the other hand are all Troll.

Aug 17, 2010 at 8:58 PM Post #3,709 of 3,971

Quote:
MacedonianHero – HeadRoom Micro amp (solid state SE packed amp) is nice device with 349 dollars, but this is very “weak” device. My friend borrowed me him Casea Lyra mk2 with DAC so I am detailly practicing with mz D-7000, HD 800 and T1 (or DT 990 32 or 600 ohm impedantion, DT 440 edition 2007, MMX 300, HD 600, HD 650 ...). This is not portable amp (desktop amp) but the quality of the result (I think) is totally incomparing able as with these portable toys. In Lyra is applied serious DAC (Sirius II) and very serious components in headphone amp part. The black background and perfectly solved master clock (with extremely small jitter) does great things for sound reproduction. I compared them with several portable toys which I found around friends and nothing is comparable as this relatively “compact” amp. This amp is much smaller then RPX 300 and a bit bigger then Beyer A1. So if you want obtain very serious quality of the sound reproduction trough serious solid state amp very good pricetag trough these three headphones (include RS-1 and other Grado’s …) then sell HeadRoom toy and purchase this one.

PS: Trebles have much more details, they are more realistic and “with live” etc.

LOL What are you the salesman for that European amp. How do you know the Micro is no good. You should state if you owned it and then offer opinion. To say a piece of gear without ever owning or hearing it and knocking someone else gear without owning or hearing it is irresponsible. Besides MH know what he needs .

Aug 17, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #3,710 of 3,971
headroom micro amp... a toy? 
blink.gif

sorry, neptius.  in know you're enamoured of the Casea.
but that just won't stand.

the headroom amp is pretty powerful.
and designed by the same company that developed balanced headphone drive.

Aug 17, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #3,711 of 3,971

Quote:

LOL What are you the salesman for that European amp. How do you know the Micro is no good. You should state if you owned it and then offer opinion. To say a piece of gear without ever owning or hearing it and knocking someone else gear without owning or hearing it is irresponsible. Besides MH know what he needs .

And I know what I hear (I think
tongue_smile.gif
).

Have a read on my link above that will help you show how "helpful" and knowledgeable this guy has been. Honestly doing the opposite of his recommendations is probably the right thing to do.

Aug 17, 2010 at 9:55 PM Post #3,712 of 3,971
Quote:

Not to mention, the DT880s bass was sloppy, the mids overly recessed and the treble was peaky and thin (at times) in comparison. The T1's have deep and TAUGHT bass, mids that are forward (NOT recessed) and treble that in no way is thin or metallic sounding. Throw in the improvement in sound stage and detail retrieval as an added bonus.

Ouch, that's harsh commentary, 
basshead.gif
  I will take it as all relative to the "in comparision" caveat. I love my DT880/600s.

Aug 17, 2010 at 9:57 PM Post #3,713 of 3,971

Quote:
Quote:

Ouch, that's harsh commentary, 
basshead.gif
  I will take it as all relative to the "in comparision" caveat. I love my DT880/600s.

Absolutely in comparison. I do really, really like the DT880s.

Again, sorry I don't mean to be harsh on the DT880s...I do really like them (I bought them twice!
eek.gif
).

Aug 17, 2010 at 10:14 PM Post #3,714 of 3,971

Quote:
The T1's bass is anemic next to the D7000...no doubt. But then again so do all neutral/balanced headphones when compared to the Denons (including the HD650s). For me the HD800's have bang on neutral bass and the T1's bass is slightly more impactful than neutral and anything more is coloured. No issues. If that's what floats your boat, then I recommend you look into the D7000s.
bigsmile_face.gif

So with the HD650 vice grip clamp and now overly impactful bass, I guess they are not for me (as I already own the D7000s and love their fun sound signature).

Again, please have a listen to the K701s, HD600, HD800s...all have neutral bass.

This is not a T-1 appreciation thread, so I don't know why it has to become a fanboy fest?  But
let's talk about the 650s for a minute.  There have been numerous polls and threads over the past number of years about reference level headphones.  I don't remember ever seeing the 650s loose out to any dynamic headphone, by a wide margin. Are the 650s not the standard by which all else is judged?

Every brand of headphones has it's fanboys, but don't you agree that the vast majority of the people on this forum consider the 650s to be of reference level?

The 701s, which have a sibliant treble and anemic bass don't sound like anything I've ever heard in the real world, so I don't know how you can call them neutral or reference.  All I have to do is play my piano to know that 650s sound like a piano and my 701s do not.  On the other hand, I can see why you think the T-1s have a lot of bass after using the 701s as a reference. 

Even though you put down the 650s and you're entitled not to like them, the sheer number of people who do, is a testament to how good they are. They are truly world class headphones and the "vice grip" is solved by a simple stretcher, and is not a problem like the sore spot that forms on the top of your head from the 701s is.

Picture of Headphone Stretcher that was sent to me:

Like I said in my original post, I like my 880s and I enjoy my over priced T-1s but when I want to really "hear" the full sound of an orchestra or a vocal, the 650 is still my reference.

USG

Aug 17, 2010 at 10:25 PM Post #3,715 of 3,971

Quote:

This is not a T-1 appreciation thread, so I don't know why it has to become a fanboy fest?  But
let's talk about the 650s for a minute.  There have been numerous polls and threads over the past number of years about reference level headphones.  I don't remember ever seeing the 650s loose out to any dynamic headphone, by a wide margin. Are the 650s not the standard by which all else is judged?

Every brand of headphones has it's fanboys, but don't you agree that the vast majority of the people on this forum consider the 650s to be of reference level?

The 701s, which have a sibliant treble and anemic bass don't sound like anything I've ever heard in the real world, so I don't know how you can call them neutral or reference.  All I have to do is play my piano to know that 650s sound like a piano and my 701s do not.  On the other hand, I can see why you think the T-1s have a lot of bass after using the 701s as a reference. 

Even though you put down the 650s and you're entitled not to like them, the sheer number of people who do, is a testament to how good they are. They are truly world class headphones and the "vice grip" is solved by a simple stretcher, and is not a problem like the sore spot that forms on the top of your head from the 701s is.

Picture of Headphone Stretcher that was sent to me:

Like I said in my original post, I like my 880s and I enjoy my over priced T-1 but when I want to really "hear" the full sound of an orchestra or a vocal, the 650 is still my reference.

USG

Sorry, but I'm with Sharhose and baka1969 (and Acix...as much as I hate to admit it) on the balanced nature of the HD650s vs. HD600 and K701s. I didn't say I didn't like the HD650s. I did enjoy them when I owned them (except for the lack of comfort).

BTW, I had my HD650s on my Master Chief head from the Legendary Edition for Halo 3 for weeks at a time...still my head felt like a walnut at Christmas. The most painful headphones out there for me.

The Master Chief bust is very large and stretched them out more than your complex contraption, but in the end they did not work for me. Now thinking about it, the HD650s would snap that pencil like a twig.
tongue_smile.gif

Am I a T1 fanboy...sure. Only because I really think that beyer hit the nail on the head with these cans and to date I have not heard anything better.
But this is the defacto T1 appreciate thread after all...isn't it?

Aug 17, 2010 at 10:42 PM Post #3,717 of 3,971
Oh boy, this thread is a fun read.

I'm just glad to finally have my T1 after placing my order over 18 weeks ago. I did get a sweet price so I can't bitch. 

I have some experimenting with amps to do, burn-in, etc. but at only 5 hours head time, I love them. The T1 really shows the coloration of my DX1000 but I don't think I could part with them.

After some time with my Woo 3, I'm now listening with iPod Classic, LO to SR-71A...actually pretty good.

Aug 17, 2010 at 10:44 PM Post #3,718 of 3,971

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The T1 really shows the coloration of my DX1000 but I don't think I could part with them.

After some time with my Woo 3, I'm now listening with iPod Classic, LO to SR-71A...actually pretty good.

Congrats on the T1s!

FWIW, I'm keeping my D7000s too. It's always great to have a fun bassy headphone around in one's collection.

Aug 17, 2010 at 11:35 PM Post #3,719 of 3,971

Quote:
Sorry, but I'm with Sharhose and baka1969 (and Acix...as much as I hate to admit it) on the balanced nature of the HD650s vs. HD600 and K701s. I didn't say I didn't like the HD650s. I did enjoy them when I owned them (except for the lack of comfort).

BTW, I had my HD650s on my Master Chief head from the Legendary Edition for Halo 3 for weeks at a time...still my head felt like a walnut at Christmas. The most painful headphones out there for me.

The Master Chief bust is very large and stretched them out more than your complex contraption, but in the end they did not work for me. Now thinking about it, the HD650s would snap that pencil like a twig.
tongue_smile.gif

Am I a T1 fanboy...sure. Only because I really think that beyer hit the nail on the head with these cans and to date I have not heard anything better.
But this is the defacto T1 appreciate thread after all...isn't it?

I'm afraid all you did was flatten out your ear pads.

Here is a quick and dirty pic of my 650s.  Notice the space between the ear cups. Practically 880 comfort level.  My T-1s clamp harder.

Just to be clear, are you saying that the 650s are not, by a wide margin, HeadFi's reference level headphone?

USG

Aug 18, 2010 at 2:20 AM Post #3,720 of 3,971

Quote:
and is not a problem like the sore spot that forms on the top of your head from the 701s is.

Amen.  This has become more and more of a problem the longer I've owned them.  Especially after a haircut..... I lose all my cushioning up there! 
k701smile.gif

I'd like to ask your honest opinion of something.  How do you feel the HD650 fares against the T1 in terms of microdynamics and inner resolution/detail?  I expect the T1 to be better, but in your opinion are they still in the same league or is the T1 a clear step above?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back