Beyerdynamic to launch new top headphone at IFA -- called T1
Mar 28, 2010 at 4:39 PM Post #2,671 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman59 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey immtbiker,
How the P-1 drives the T1 and the HD800? Which one do you like better out of the P-1 and why?Thanks.

I hate to whimp out, but honestly, I like them both out of the P-1 and the HE-5 amps.
Right now, I am listening to some John Mayer live in LA out of my iMod and my SR-71, and besides having plenty of power to spare, they sound surprisingly good. They are very efficient for something that is spec'd for 600 ohms.
Beyer definitely did something right, on this one.

Mar 29, 2010 at 2:09 AM Post #2,672 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like the T-1's more than my 800's and I despise the sound from the K701's.

Just goes to show how different we all hear, and how different our needs are.
I guess you have try them for yourself before buying.

True all that, but, at least in this way, you and I hear alike
biggrin.gif

Mar 30, 2010 at 5:44 PM Post #2,673 of 3,971
OMG

I got them! What a nice suprise was today when i came home from work.

One hour of burn-in and they sound AMAZING. These are the best phones i have ever heard. And they sound amazing even with very low volume.

I am running them with DacMagic>DarkVoice336...

Everything is there. And highs are so nice. Much better than highs in DT880.
Comfort is great.

Very, very happy with this pair of phones....
Can i say that i have found perfect headphone for me? I think that i am done here...

For now only one picture:

More pictures soon.

Mar 30, 2010 at 7:10 PM Post #2,675 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xcalibur255 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What drive tubes are you using with your Woo6 right now? I used to hate my K701s, but after getting my WA6 I've found them quite listenable after finding the right tubes to tame their treble and bring out the lower midrange. I also understand why their soundstage is praised so much. Never really was impressed with it until I found the right rectifier for the WA6, now it's both huge and actually present Present.

Still, majority opinion is that the T1 presentation is not much like the K701, and it seems like where I will be going next. I have no worries about the WA6 being able to drive them, especially using the high gain variant drive tubes.

Sorry for the late reply.Actually the treble of k701 is not the only thing that I didn't like about them,it's weird soundstage is the main reason why I sold it.unnaturally wide with little depth and alot of air moving in the music even if intimate.

I honestly can't imagine headfiers say that the hd800 is even bigger than the 701 soundstage wise.If that's the case then they will also will not suit me because they will make everything airy and unnaturally open even if intimate.
Please anyone correct me if I am wrong about this.

Mar 30, 2010 at 7:16 PM Post #2,676 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by ElephantTLK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OMG

I got them! What a nice suprise was today when i came home from work.

One hour of burn-in and they sound AMAZING. These are the best phones i have ever heard. And they sound amazing even with very low volume.

I am running them with DacMagic>DarkVoice336...

Everything is there. And highs are so nice. Much better than highs in DT880.
Comfort is great.

Very, very happy with this pair of phones....
Can i say that i have found perfect headphone for me? I think that i am done here...

For now only one picture:

More pictures soon.

Looks great man!
wink.gif

Mar 30, 2010 at 7:34 PM Post #2,677 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by midoo1990 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry for the late reply.Actually the treble of k701 is not the only thing that I didn't like about them,it's weird soundstage is the main reason why I sold it.unnaturally wide with little depth and alot of air moving in the music even if intimate.

I honestly can't imagine headfiers say that the hd800 is even bigger than the 701 soundstage wise.If that's the case then they will also will not suit me because they will make everything airy and unnaturally open even if intimate.
Please anyone correct me if I am wrong about this.

I found when needed, the HD800s sound stage was bigger than the K701. But unlike the K701, the HD800 soundstage was not always as expansive for every recording; only when called upon.

The huge K70x sound stage on everything is colouration of the AKG phones of which I am not a fan.

Mar 30, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #2,678 of 3,971
I'm confused on the T1 pricing. It seems that the price for these is $995 in the US. I've seen the price at $1,295 at Sound Earphones crossed through with the $995 price.

I'm trying to get my local Guitar Center to order a T1 for me. I was just told today by a GC salesperson that Beyerdynamic is making vendors sell at the $1,295 price now. HeadRoom also has the price currently at $995.

Has anyone else heard this story?

Mar 30, 2010 at 8:25 PM Post #2,679 of 3,971
I asked the same question and shot off emails to a bunch of different online shops in January.

Basically I got the idea that $995 is only a pre-order price.

One place says:
For now, that is the price :wink:

Another says straight up the price is to rise in March (I asked around January). (Keeping in mind they didn't know about the supply issues to arise the month of February, I'm guessing this time deadline was pushed forward).

Mar 30, 2010 at 8:38 PM Post #2,680 of 3,971
Ok, thanks Sir CountChoculaBot.

My connection at GC will get me the $995 price but he tells me it'll be 3 weeks before Beyer will send them to him.

If this pre-order price is coming to an end now, NOW is the time to pull the trigger.

Mar 30, 2010 at 9:09 PM Post #2,682 of 3,971
Pacha – in Slovakia, Czech republic or Poland, they costs spoken 890 euro or a little more. So the price 890 euro is very serious. I do not know why in USA they are chipper. I can advice you to purchase T1, they are excellent.

Mar 30, 2010 at 9:16 PM Post #2,683 of 3,971
GreatDane – simply said, they are both excellent headphones (much better then any Grado’s, include GS or PS 1000), HD 800 are more „clinical“ and very neutral, with excellent soundstage, airstage, but T1 are more vivacious and musical. So for classical music, jazz or blues, Holland’s tracks I like HD 800, but for rock, progressive or alternative rock, hard rock, metal, I prefer more T1. They deliver you different experience from listening so there are only nuances in which they differ. For HD 800 recabling with Stafan Audio Art Voice cabel you obtain great improvement in quality, especially balanced connection. It depends what you want to listen.

Mar 30, 2010 at 9:31 PM Post #2,684 of 3,971
Shinsengumi – „Which tube amplifier between 1000 and 2500 dollars would you recommend me for the T1? I listen to a wide range of music, like progressive rock to blues. I would like to have a warm and detailed sound with big soundstage. I have read a lot about Wa22, Wa6, Decware CSP2 and Zana Deux. What do you think?“

It is not easy to say this or this. In first hand, when you want recabled version of T1 for balanced (symetric) connection, then you prefer more WA22 or ZANA Balancing act etc. For single ended, in most cases for you, you can choose something between ZANA DEUX, Rudistor RP8 Enhanced OTL, Woo Audio 2 with all upgrades (6 is more portable one). I never listen Decware CSP2. If you want highest quality then ZANA is excellent choice, if you want solution near to your lower limit, then you can choose MAD Ear+HD Tube Amp (MacedonianHero’s solution), or Woo Audio 2 (basic) or with some chiper upgrades. All depend what you expect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back