Beyerdynamic to launch new top headphone at IFA -- called T1
Mar 23, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #2,581 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pacha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Plus the price is 740€ in the US ($995), which is definitely cheaper than the 890€ from Beyer website.
Does anybody knows a reseller with good price for T1 in Europe or US? I found a website which has it at 995$ and free shipping worldwide. But I am afraid the parcel may be handed over to customs if they do not send is as low value content or gift.

One Finnish web shop is selling them for 799 EUR. I assume some other shops in Europe would sell for the same or less.

Mar 23, 2010 at 4:45 PM Post #2,583 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pacha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK so I've finally received the replies from Gunter Weidemann from Beyer and Kingwa who is designer or the Audio-gd products, and here is the thing about the FUN and questions about voice coil and voltage :

"The FUN can output 160MW a 600 ohms, max SPL for Ti is 123DB"
Kingwa

"An amplifier output of 160 mW at 600 ohm is absolutely sufficient to drive the T1. Due to the newest beyerdynamic Tesla driver technology with highest efficiency, the SPL of 123 dB shall be more than enough, even providing plenty of reserves. So the T1 shall be a perfect match to your amplifier."
Gunter Weidemann

So do you also think that my amp voltage swing would be sufficient to get the voice coil of the T1 to move properly so that they are not only being driven loud enough but also properly?
Pacha

"the amplifier manufacturer needs to confirm that the amp voltage is constant over the whole frequency range, and does not drop at low frequencies when a load of 600 ohm is applied. And you should ask for the distortion (THD) when driving the amp with 160 mW output. If everything is fine, you will have great experience with the T1!"
Gunter Weidemann

"The FUN output 160MW/600 ohms distortion less than 0.1%, the output 10V is test in 20HZ to 20KHZ."
Kingwa

"yes, that shall be properly working"
Gunter Weidemann

I want to thank them again for their support.

I guess that will help a few here when checking the specs of their amp to see if it will match with the specs and requirements of the T1.

That's really interesting. Knowing this now, I wonder if the Corda Symphony can actually qualify as well for the T1. I wasn't able to translate the Symphony specifications (due to my ignorance in the matter) to understand if they match or overdo those of the Fun. here are the Symphony's:
" Maximum output 13V / 500 mA.

Discrete volume control using relais and an EBE digital encoder rotary switch. 1dB step size, 30 steps.

Gain switch. Maximum gain factors -7 / +8 dB."

I'm still waiting for my T1 to deliver (ordered Feb. 12Th)
popcorn.gif

I hope the Symphony could be a good match for it cause I really like it, but unfortunately haven't found anyone just yet who has tried this combo, so all I'm left with is just tech soecs that I dont understand
ph34r.gif

If anyone could help about this would be great !!

Mar 23, 2010 at 5:44 PM Post #2,584 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Indeed; I have found the T1 to sound good with pretty much ALL of the amps I own; certainly this has not been the case with other high-end headphones.

Or even some $265 dollar headphones...cough K701...cough.
icon10.gif

Mar 23, 2010 at 7:20 PM Post #2,585 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoReMi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wasn't able to translate the Symphony specifications (due to my ignorance in the matter) to understand if they match or overdo those of the Fun. here are the Symphony's:
" Maximum output 13V / 500 mA.

P = 13 * 0,5 = 6,5 Watts ... don't hurt yourself
tongue.gif

Mar 23, 2010 at 7:47 PM Post #2,586 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
P = 13 * 0,5 = 6,5 Watts ... don't hurt yourself
tongue.gif

thanks Knor, seems like Symphony should be able to drive T1 no problem then.
But what I'm concerned about is not loudness but sq at any volume set from low to high. I dont know if you can deduce such a think from the Symphony specs. Again this is coming from a layperson like me. Maybe someone more skilled in translating all this specs might just better understand all this.

Mar 23, 2010 at 8:53 PM Post #2,587 of 3,971
Quote:

But what I'm concerned about is not loudness but sq at any volume set from low to high. I dont know if you can deduce such a think from the Symphony specs. Again this is coming from a layperson like me. Maybe someone more skilled in translating all this specs might just better understand all this.

Without doing something like RMAA measurements I think it's not possible to tell anything about how it behaves by just looking at some specs.
edit: But I wouldn't worry... it should be a perfect piece of equipment considering the price.

Mar 23, 2010 at 10:13 PM Post #2,588 of 3,971
Quote:

I hope the Symphony could be a good match for it cause I really like it, but unfortunately haven't found anyone just yet who has tried this combo, so all I'm left with is just tech specs that I dont understand
ph34r.gif

Skylab likes the T1 with the Concerto – which I think is very similar to the Symphony.

Mar 24, 2010 at 7:34 AM Post #2,591 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by caracara08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my t1 came today and i must say, i wasnt floored out of the box. that being said they sound great! thanks head-fi for allowing to spend my money so freely!

I felt the same way in the beginning and I started to blame my amplifiers for not being good enough to drive them properly. But I have to say that after some time they do wake up and deliver more of what I was hoping for. But I am still looking forward to hear them on a better amplifier at our Danish Head-fi meet this weekend.

Mar 24, 2010 at 10:04 AM Post #2,592 of 3,971
Just got mine today as well. Top notch headphone for sure; very well balanced and neutral, very conherent sound. Side by side comparison with HD800, I will have to say HD800 wins a little of overall quality, a tad more detals, more spacious, and even better balanced IMO. But this is almost nik pick, no complaint about T1 at all.

Mar 24, 2010 at 10:26 AM Post #2,593 of 3,971
I got mine yesterday.
First impressions out of the box is that they have more details than HD650, bigger soundstage, better instrument separation and better, more 3D holographic imaging, a little light on the bass right now and impact is weak. Imaging is a little "strange" and sounds like music is behind of me, i suppose this is because of no burn-in was done to the drivers. However I see a big potential in this headphone, even in this stage they blow my recabled HD650 away in allmost every aspect.
Will post more impressions after 30, 50 and 100 hours of burn-in
smily_headphones1.gif

PS: it sounds so smooth, which i really like, zero sibilance or harshness, very easy to listen

Mar 24, 2010 at 10:41 AM Post #2,594 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarKu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Imaging is a little "strange" and sounds like music is behind of me...

There are some reports that suggest positioning of earcups over ears is very sensitive/ critical, maybe worth a try.

Mar 24, 2010 at 11:31 AM Post #2,595 of 3,971
Quote:

I hope the Symphony could be a good match for it cause I really like it, but unfortunately haven't found anyone just yet who has tried this combo, so all I'm left with is just tech soecs that I dont understand
ph34r.gif

IMO the Symphony will drive the T1 very well. My Travagans Red is not in the same league as Symphony and it does a great job. This morning I just bought a used Opera, the predecessor to the Symphony, to replace the Red for the T1. I will give feedback in a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back