Beyerdynamic to launch new top headphone at IFA -- called T1
Mar 16, 2010 at 3:12 PM Post #2,507 of 3,971
XLR1 – Which amp for T1? It depends on several variables and your taste. When you want connect T1 with notebook or desctop then good and price acceptable solution is Lehmann Audio Linear. But when you want top quality of sound reproduction, then you need amps from higher class, or balanced version and these amps, but their price is much higher.

Mar 16, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #2,508 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman59 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We have not been able to get together yet. Hopefully this weekend.
Who is ZXAC?

ZX Amateur Cables

If you read the DHC FAQ on the bottom of the homepage he says something along the lines of "If you need a hardwired recable please contact my partner..." and links to that.

Mar 16, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #2,509 of 3,971
I've been experimenting a little with the T1's in terms of placement on the ear, since the topic was raised. I own a lot of Beyers, and I guess, as such, I am pretty used to putting them on a certain way, which is completely centered.

Turns out that the sound of the T1 can indeed change pretty radically depending on how you wear them, much moreso than other Beyers. This is no doubt due to the angled drivers of the T1. If you push your ears toward the front of the headphone, the treble becomes much more pronounced. Likewise, push them so your ears touch the very back of the headphone, and they sound much darker.

I prefer them exactly centered
biggrin.gif

FWIW.

Mar 16, 2010 at 8:08 PM Post #2,510 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been experimenting a little with the T1's in terms of placement on the ear, since the topic was raised. I own a lot of Beyers, and I guess, as such, I am pretty used to putting them on a certain way, which is completely centered.

Turns out that the sound of the T1 can indeed change pretty radically depending on how you wear them, much moreso than other Beyers. This is no doubt due to the angled drivers of the T1. If you push your ears toward the front of the headphone, the treble becomes much more pronounced. Likewise, push them so your ears touch the very back of the headphone, and they sound much darker.

biggrin.gif

FWIW.

Interesting. I never experienced this with my other Beyers. Are those opposite positionings still comfortable to listen like that?

Mar 16, 2010 at 8:11 PM Post #2,511 of 3,971
I don't find any different in comfort, no, unless you go way too far
biggrin.gif

But I do think the balance is best with them centered. Sounds the most natural to me.

Mar 16, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #2,512 of 3,971
Quote:

biggrin.gif

FWIW.

I a slave to comfort so I've always just had them centered on my head. But you as you mentioned, the angled drivers in theory should have more effect on head placement. Something to try out tonight!

Thanks Skylab.
biggrin.gif

Mar 16, 2010 at 8:59 PM Post #2,514 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by neptius /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Skylab – could be possible to elaborate about your experience with listening T1 trough these two your amps- Leben CS300XS (Sylvania 5751/6BQ5); Ray Samuels Audio Stealth(Mullard ECC32/Tung-Sol 12BH7A)? Thanks for all your info.

Well...those are two absolutely terrific headphone amps, IMO - the best two I have personally. And the T1, not surprisingly, sounds really excellent through both. I think I very slightly prefer the T1 with the Stealth, but both are outstanding. Both sound better with the T1 than any of my other amps do.

FWIW, the Leben is much better than the Stealth with low impedance headphones, as it's transformer coupled and is a better match - it sounds better with the Denon D7000 and Ultrasone Edition 8 than any other amp has that I have tried. The Leben is really impressive in terms of delivering a "rightness" or naturalness to the music that I have not heard bettered via headphones (regardless of their impedance).

Mar 16, 2010 at 9:02 PM Post #2,515 of 3,971
Quote:

biggrin.gif

FWIW.

Interesting. I experience the exact opposite with K701s. They brighten when the earcups touch the back of the ears and darken when slid to touch the front of the ears. The angled driver principle should be the same, with the driver angled to point towards the back of the head so it's baffling that the behavior would be the opposite with the two headphones.

Mar 16, 2010 at 9:33 PM Post #2,516 of 3,971
Thanks for the confirmation Skylab. That was something I pointed out just after I received mine. I was surprised how critical and sensitive the positioining of the T1 in my head was. Someting I never experienced at this level with any of my other headphones.

BTW, How the T1 matches with your Phoenix?

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Mar 16, 2010 at 9:44 PM Post #2,517 of 3,971
The T1's sound very good with the Phoenix. I was actually just listening to that combination today. The Phoenix isn't at it's very best when used single ended, but I still think the T1 and Phoenix are very enjoyable together. It's not as good a pairing as the T1 and the Decware CSP-2, or the Meier Concerto, though, which is several hundred dollars cheaper, so if one were looking for an amp in that basic price range, and planned to use the T1's unmodified (and thus single ended), I would recommend one of the two of those amps over the Phoenix. Now if you plan to balance the T1's, that's another story...

Mar 16, 2010 at 10:27 PM Post #2,518 of 3,971
Quote:

The T1's sound very good with the Phoenix. I was actually just listening to that combination today. The Phoenix isn't at it's very best when used single ended, but I still think the T1 and Phoenix are very enjoyable together. It's not as good a pairing as the T1 and the Decware CSP-2, or the Meier Concerto, though, which is several hundred dollars cheaper, so if one were looking for an amp in that basic price range, and planned to use the T1's unmodified (and thus single ended), I would recommend one of the two of those amps over the Phoenix. Now if you plan to balance the T1's, that's another story...

How does the Concerto do with the T1s? Does it do pretty well or does a similarly priced tube amp just blow it away?

Also, don't know if you know anything about the Audio-GD C2 but how do you think it'd perform with the T1s? Worse than Concerto or about on the same level/better (taking into consideration it'd be hooked up to my DAC19 through ACSS)?

Mar 16, 2010 at 10:33 PM Post #2,519 of 3,971
Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrolic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How does the Concerto do with the T1s? Does it do pretty well or does a similarly priced tube amp just blow it away?

Also, don't know if you know anything about the Audio-GD C2 but how do you think it'd perform with the T1s? Worse than Concerto or about on the same level/better (taking into consideration it'd be hooked up to my DAC19 through ACSS)?

The Concerto and the T1 work very well together. I slightly prefer the similarly priced (and tubed) Decware CSP-2, but both work quite well with the T1, IMO.

I've actually not found any of my home headphone amps to really be lacking with the T1. All of them sounded good together. Some were better than others, of course, but none of the amps I have did a less than very good job. Of course, I think all of the amps I currently have are pretty good amps
biggrin.gif

I have no experience with the C2, sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back