Beyerdynamic Tesla T1/Burson HA-160?
Oct 14, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #2 of 35

Quote:
Hi, i was thinking to buy a Beyerdynamic Tesla T1, can be a good choice? (I have a Burson HA-160 amplifier).

Thanks

From another thread (posted by me so it's not plagiarism
smile.gif
):

As a huge T1 fan that I am (I know, some might be surprised by this
wink.gif
), had I heard the Burson/T1 combo the very first time I ever heard the T1s, I would have returned them ASAP. The synergy for me was that off. For the money the Concerto (SS amp) or MAD Ear+HD (tube amp) or Woo6 (tube amp) make the T1s one of the 2 or 3 very best headphones I've ever heard.
L3000.gif

Just my 2 cents...

Oct 14, 2010 at 9:42 PM Post #3 of 35
Jason (Covenant) didn't like my T1 with his Burson. He preferred his HD600.

I listened to my T1 last night on johmwmclean's EHHA and it definitely sounds better than my SS amp.

Oct 15, 2010 at 7:03 AM Post #5 of 35
I heard the T1 with the HA-160 but after my "cable connection mod" - search this phrase to find the thread, and it was fine but not the best you could obtain from the T1's. However, still better than from the Leben CS300XS or a Lehmann Black Cube Linear clone. You have to use the left output of the Burson for better results, BTW. 

Oct 15, 2010 at 9:42 AM Post #7 of 35
I thoroughly dislike the T1 out of the HA-160... veiled bass, huge upper mid dip.I like the K-702 out of the Burson and the T1 out of the Headroom Ultra Micro.

May 31, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #8 of 35
I'm kind of surprised at the lack of synergy some people are reporting between the T1's and the Burson. I say this because a couple of Head-Fi'ers here (sorry I can't recall who) did a comparison with the Meier Concerto and the Burson HA-160. They said in effect that they brought out their notepads to record observations of their close listening and...nothing was written-- because they sounded pretty much the same, apparently. One person commented that the Burson might be just a tad brighter, but there were no real significant differences to report. Both were fairly positively regarded.

I bring that up because I've read a few folks say the Meier-T1 combo is pretty good, as far as SS is concerned. IF the Burson sounds very close to the Meier, one might then surmise that the Burson would work well with the T1's too. I don't know the spec details between the amps, but how might one then account for the heard mismatch between the T1 and the Burson?

Frankly, I want to believe that the T1-Burson combo is good-- because I happily own the Burson as my main amp, and I hope to get the T1's soon. I don't want to have to get another amp for it, at least not for a while. Also, on many recording at least, I quite enjoy the Burson with my Beyer DT880's. If anything, the Burson highlights both the virtues, and alas, the shortcomings of the 880's. But overall I thought if I enjoy the 880's with the Burson, I would likely be even happier upgrading to the T1.

What do people think? Does anyone else have the T1-Burson combo, or lived with it for a while?

I also find it curious that people have spoken positively about the Senn HD800-Burson combo, and the Audeze LCD2-Burson combo. I wonder why not the Beyers as well? 

Jun 1, 2011 at 7:35 AM Post #10 of 35
Interesting thread. I have the DAC version of your Burson, HA-160D, and am considering T1s very seriously too. I was hoping it would be a good match, but some imply it will not. I will have to research it as I cannot buy another amp and I better buy headphones that I like and that match the amp too.

Jun 1, 2011 at 8:16 AM Post #11 of 35

Quote:
I had no problems with enjoying the T1 from the HA-160. It's not the best possible but quite nice.

I'm glad to hear. But yeah, always room to upgrade-- to keep us on this head-fi journey! :wink:

Quote:
Interesting thread. I have the DAC version of your Burson, HA-160D, and am considering T1s very seriously too. I was hoping it would be a good match, but some imply it will not. I will have to research it as I cannot buy another amp and I better buy headphones that I like and that match the amp too.

I would love to get the T1's, and I probably still will, but I want a good match too. I'll continue to be working around my Burson amp for now, so I'm open to other possibilities. I hope to hear what you come up with.

Jun 1, 2011 at 9:02 AM Post #12 of 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcamera /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

I would love to get the T1's, and I probably still will, but I want a good match too. I'll continue to be working around my Burson amp for now, so I'm open to other possibilities. I hope to hear what you come up with.  

I have no plans on buying anything else apart from T1s. I have spent some time testing various headphones and Beyerdynamic is what I like and need. I will buy them in the beginning of July and test properly and if their synergy really is not good with Burson (I canoot see them sounding bad with it) I will buy another amp - a second one to make T1s sound better. For the time being my mind is still set on the fact that they will sound good with the current amp I have and am not looking for anything else. K701/ HD800 etc. are out of the question for me.

Jun 1, 2011 at 8:33 PM Post #13 of 35
When Headphonia did a direct comparison review of the HD800 and the T1 I believe one of their setups consisted of the HA-160, so you might want to go there and have a look.

Either way I'm looking forward to your T1+Burson impressions come July, since I'm thinking my next headphone purchases would be the one of the 3 flagships (HD800, T1, LCD-2).

Jun 1, 2011 at 8:58 PM Post #14 of 35
^^^

The review, while very well written, I completely disagree:

"The HD800 is smooth and very analog sounding. The T1 is lucid, sharp, and articulate. The HD800 is warm and full bodied. "

It's the other way around guys.:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back