Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Nov 7, 2013 at 11:47 AM Post #1,172 of 4,487
I need some help simulating a STAX SR009.

Nov 7, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #1,175 of 4,487

Don't spit, have you tried Accudio....do you know what it is?

Do you really think I could buy cheaper headphones, simulate them as a higher end headphones and get the same/close level of quality?

I'm sorry IMO it's just all bull and placebo. I'm not the kind of person who would go into this kind of argument but this really got on my nerves.

Nov 7, 2013 at 2:20 PM Post #1,176 of 4,487
I need to simulate my Pathfinder into a Lambo. I mean really, you folks are talking about things with significantly different physical characteristics which help create the sound signature. There's no magic bullet for making one thing sound like another. I don't care what you think you're getting. You're wrong. 

When you're ready to rejoin the reality thread, we'll be waiting.

Nov 7, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #1,178 of 4,487

I've only simulated the T1 with the T70p through Accudio...

I almost spit my drink out. We're 'simulating' headphones now, are we? That's a level of absurd I didn't really expect to see posted here.

Don't spit, have you tried Accudio....do you know what it is?

For those that don't know....Accudio is an app for iPhone etc, that has preset EQ for all of the popular headphones.  For example, they did analysis on the T90, and have the best settings for that headphone EQ, automatically so it doesn't have to be done by ear, or by you doing the analysis yourself.  It does a great job on the T90....gets rid of those piercing highs and sibilance.  It can also bring the T90 closer to the sound of the T1, some say it is already very close to the T1 95%, some say.  I would think that logically you would need to have headphones similar and in the same line, mfg such as the Beyers.  No software can do miracles, but common sense says that it would offer an improvement if done correctly!

Nov 8, 2013 at 2:33 AM Post #1,179 of 4,487
Yes that application might be nice for the Iphone/IPad. But then You have to deal with the lower audio qualitty of the Iphone, compared to Astell & Kern, Ibasso, Colorfly DAP´s. Not even talking about the sound of non portable devices. Also not talking about the possibility to play Hi-Res Files. For me the Iphone and therefore the App is not an option. 

Nov 8, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #1,181 of 4,487
Do you really think I could buy cheaper headphones, simulate them as a higher end headphones and get the same/close level of quality?

I'm sorry IMO it's just all bull and placebo. I'm not the kind of person who would go into this kind of argument but this really got on my nerves.

However it might conceivably work, somewhat, for the other direction. Take an HD800 and emulate the freq response of a lower performing set of headphones. This will NOT emulate time domain performance, distortion, mechanical implementation, etc. of any other cans. So one can only achieve the auditory equivalent of a cartoon version of the emulated can's sound.

Nov 8, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #1,182 of 4,487
I have had the priveledge of enjoying my T90 with a number of amps. Spend a lot of time with a WA7 for all around listening. WA3+ and Crack for tube rolling euphonic listening sessions. Newly arrived ZDSE with about 100 hrs on it and the T90 scales well to the additional 3 dimensionality and air around the instruments. Almost spooky realism. Not for casual listening as it is so engaging.

Nov 8, 2013 at 9:50 PM Post #1,183 of 4,487
Ok, I stand corrected on the specifications, but I still think the T1 is a waste of money. Its not better than the T90, it sounds different but not better. The term "Flagship" is just marketing babel. Also my mentioning of the similation of the T1 with T90 was read into too deeply. I wasnt suggesting that you should do this or even that its 100% accurate, but I was using the approximation as a guide, while being under the notion that most people here knew what Accudio is.
But I understand the phychologial sting for those prideful owners of the T1 who just read that thier $1400 headphone wasn't worth it, so I'll just end with "Its just my free opinion folks!"

Nov 8, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #1,184 of 4,487
The T90 is fully open back while the T1 is only partially open. Put a better cable on the T90 (more flexible at least) and the T90 is the Flagship, my opinion. Note I also own an HD800 but not the T1.

Nov 9, 2013 at 1:37 AM Post #1,185 of 4,487
Ok, I stand corrected on the specifications, but I still think the T1 is a waste of money. Its not better than the T90, it sounds different but not better. The term "Flagship" is just marketing babel. Also my mentioning of the similation of the T1 with T90 was read into too deeply. I wasnt suggesting that you should do this or even that its 100% accurate, but I was using the approximation as a guide, while being under the notion that most people here knew what Accudio is.
But I understand the phychologial sting for those prideful owners of the T1 who just read that thier $1400 headphone wasn't worth it, so I'll just end with "Its just my free opinion folks!"

While I haven't heard the T1 I based my own T90 purchase on the multitude of reviews that stated they were exceedingly close in performance. It's very hard to justify double (or more) money for the flagship if the next headphone down is providing 95% or more of the same experience. A few people here do seem to have the extra cash lying around to justify it and that is their own business. Personally, money does matter and that extra is better put into saving for an amp. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back