Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Aug 19, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #856 of 4,487
Quote:
I love my T90 to bits but does anyone else have a problem with the really bad machining?
Check these rough edges.

German QC 
biggrin.gif

Aug 19, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #857 of 4,487
I agree with Zombie.  I also didn't enjoy my T90 very much although the detail retrieval and soundstage was absolutely amazing compared to every other headphone I've had or tried.  The T90 felt fatiguing in the high frequencies for me after about 30 mins to 1 hour of listening.  Were they defective?  I am not sure, but I have a pretty decent amp (M^3 with balanced ground) and didn't expect them to sound the way that they did.  

Aug 19, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #858 of 4,487
Why is it that before I ordered the T90 everybody had nothing but good things to say about them but now that they're arriving on my front porch tomorrow no one likes them. The whole last page of this thread has been nothing but they sound bad and have poor quality control. Stop scaring me guys!

Aug 19, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #860 of 4,487
Quote:
I wouldnt worry about these accounts .....listen with your ears and decide....many other have had very good experiences with them.

Alex

Yes, you really have to listen to them yourself before you can decide.  There are alot of variables that will affect the sound quality and how much you like them.

Aug 19, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #862 of 4,487
Quote:
I love my pair if that's any consolation.
smily_headphones1.gif

Same here, they sound mediocre with my HRT Microstreamer but with my ALOaudio Pan Am they sound gorgeous.
I feel that the T90 pair well with tube amps.

Aug 20, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #863 of 4,487
I think its misleading to say Beyer doesn't have good quality control. Typically German engineering values function over form. The rough edges on the yokes isn't a case of "oops we let one slip", more like "who cares?" Personally it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

The only other issue I've heard people talk about, as far as Beyer's supposed poor QC, is the variance from one headphone to the next that sometimes occurs. Again it isn't a case of something slipping past QC, its just the way Beyer does it. While one Beyer might have standard driver variance compared to another of the same model, they are still equipped with two extremely well matched drivers which is what Beyer is more concerned about. Its not as if they are trying to make all headphones of the same model sound perfectly identical, and not have any rough edges on the metal parts, and are failing to do so. Its that they don't consider those aspects as important and I don't blame them. I actually like that they do things that way, being an engineer myself and not nearly as concerned with appearances or trivialities as most people. Its all about function, baby! Its a tool not an art exhibit. ;P

Aug 20, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #864 of 4,487
Why is it that before I ordered the T90 everybody had nothing but good things to say about them but now that they're arriving on my front porch tomorrow no one likes them. The whole last page of this thread has been nothing but they sound bad and have poor quality control. Stop scaring me guys!

Had my T90 for many months now. They are still spending more time on the head than others in the collection including HD800 and HE-500, for recreational listening. Pair really well with WA7. Listening to them right now. Harvie S. - Witchcraft is an auditory delight tonight. Let your own ears decide if the T90 are a good match for your ears, or not.

Aug 20, 2013 at 2:53 AM Post #865 of 4,487
It's a great headphone, and my fav of the moment. It gets more head time then the LCD-2, HE-500 and many others.
I like it best with an OTL tube amp, especially my 339 but it also sounds pretty darn good on Beyers A20 amp (but I do prefer tubes)

Aug 20, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #867 of 4,487
Soo... Impressions? One of Us or one of them? :D

E: You might find them a tad too bright with the Magni tho... ouch. I feel for your ears right now. And your wallet if you spring for OTL tube amp. :wink:

Aug 20, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #868 of 4,487
Quote:
Soo... Impressions? One of Us or one of them?
biggrin.gif

E: You might find them a tad too bright with the Magni tho... ouch. I feel for your ears right now. And your wallet if you spring for OTL tube amp.
wink.gif

Actually it's not too bad. I may look into getting something like the Valhalla at some point but I'm satisfied for now. Here's my impressions so far:

[size=small] I've only had a couple hours to listen to them so far but I really like them. The level of detail and soundstage are both incredible. They really project exactly whats in the music. They are mostly neutral but I have noticed very good treble and bass/sub bass response with a slight dip in the upper mids. They reach way down into the sub bass frequencies and really pull those sounds out. Acoustic tracks really benefit from the 9-10Khz treble spike that they have.[/size]

[size=small] Overall they just sound amazing. One review that I read called them baby T1s and since I've listened to the T1 I can say that they definitely live up to that name. In fact they are so close that if someone was looking to buy the T1 I might tell them to save some money and get the T90 instead. They really do hold their own against the more expensive headphones I've heard.[/size]

Aug 21, 2013 at 2:32 AM Post #869 of 4,487
Everyday, I can't wait to leave work to go home to listen to my T90s + ALOaudio Pan Am. They're that good!
My cans at work are pair of Custom One Pros. Sadly, open-back cans are out of the question for my workplace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back