Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Aug 19, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #841 of 4,487
Quote:
Hey there Kaworu Nagisa!

Oh I am a massive fan of Shin Seiki Evangelion. But that's not the point of my post.

When I had the T90, I felt they were a step down from the DT990. They were harsh, thin, and bass light. The treble was really annoying and really strident. The mids were more sucked out than the DT990 and the bass seemed to roll of early. The soundstage, detail, and imaging was much better of course, but the tone of the headphone ruined it for me.

You thought they were that bad!? Now I'm afraid. I've got a set of them arriving at my door in two days. I bought them because all the big reviewers said they were amazing. I really hope I'm not going to regret this purchase and have to send them back.

Aug 19, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #842 of 4,487
Hey,

I think the pair I had were bad, as in defective. My impression was vastly different than everyone elses. I had a second one come but didn't listen to it much, so I can't remember much, but it was better (but not by a ton). I reported it to beyer but they never updated me. I think that first set was defective. There's no way it could have been so bad. I thought the T70 were even better and that's something.

But hey, everyone has different ears and such. 

Aug 19, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #843 of 4,487
Quote:
Hey,

I think the pair I had were bad, as in defective. My impression was vastly different than everyone elses. I had a second one come but didn't listen to it much, so I can't remember much, but it was better (but not by a ton). I reported it to beyer but they never updated me. I think that first set was defective. There's no way it could have been so bad. I thought the T70 were even better and that's something.

Hey I'm sorry to bug you about it but did you ever get around to putting that wallpaper together? I'm sure others here besides me would appreciate it as well.

Aug 19, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #844 of 4,487
Quote:
Hey,

I had similar experience with T50p; what I was hearing was about completely opposite to what almost everyone else was saying about them. No wonder, I ended up returning T50p.

Interesting enough, what I learned from that experience was that people on T50p thread were saying that Beyer was notorious for having drivers that were so vastly different (as in "defective", just like you say).

Aug 19, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #845 of 4,487
Everyone has different expectations and equipment.  We also hear differently from day to day.  We play different music, and even thought the same model can produce different results in different parts of the world.

Aug 19, 2013 at 1:50 AM Post #846 of 4,487
Hi,

I have yet to get around to it man, sorry. I'll have one made in a day or two.

Quote:
Hey I'm sorry to bug you about it but did you ever get around to putting that wallpaper together? I'm sure others here besides me would appreciate it as well.

Aug 19, 2013 at 4:24 AM Post #847 of 4,487
I love my T90 to bits but does anyone else have a problem with the really bad machining?
Check these rough edges.

Aug 19, 2013 at 4:35 AM Post #848 of 4,487
Quote:
I love my T90 to bits but does anyone else have a problem with the really bad machining?
Check these rough edges.

What's with you stealing my avatar? 
biggrin.gif

Aug 19, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #850 of 4,487
Thanks for the impressions so far :3 I'm really, really curious.

Would you say so far that it is any less or more fatiguing than the DT880?

A little more fatiguing but as I grow more accustomed to the brighter highs so I've been able to listen longer. The I am definitely loving the "upgrades" portion (soundstage, imaging, details) of the T90s. Ppl can squabble about the sound sig diff when compared to the DT880/990s but the way it performs in those 3 areas, definitely better. I do have to point out that my experience in terms of time & sample size is relatively small so take what I say take what i say with a grain of salt due to inexperience. :)

Hey,

I think so too about the defective part. I read a lot of your comparisions and watched the Youtube vids and thought that we had fairly similiar pref in sound sigs. It was your impression that initially drove me away from even looking at the T90s but other reviews/impressions made me take a 2nd look and I'm glad I did. But yeah, different strokes for different folks. Still love reading/watching your stuff. :D Keep it up!

Check these rough edges.

Depends on bad? It's not too rough by touch but it doesn't look that great. What I did was take a fine grit sand paper and just run over it a few times to smooth it out and makes it look better. Test it out on a small spot first tho before attempting the whole thing just to be sure that's the finish that you want on it. :)

Edit: Should learn to use the edit button more often... :xf_eek:

Aug 19, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #853 of 4,487
I m currently using my t90 with a hifiman ef2a and it sounds good, but do you advise some upgrade? I m problably getting the schiit Lyr and Bifrost to match my hifiman he 500, would it sound great with the t90 too?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back