Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Aug 6, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #271 of 4,487
Quote:
Hi,

I have a T90 coming later this month, so I can do a T1 vs T5p vs T70 vs T90 vs DT1350 comparison. Sounds good, no?

Sweet! Can't wait. :D

Aug 6, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #272 of 4,487
Hi,

I daisy chain them on my amps. Two outputs on the V200 then I use a splitter to make 4 outputs. Not optimal for performance but gives you the easiest way to swap back an forth on the fly. 

I also do them one at a time as it will give you a better idea of their performance.

Quote:

WOW - That will be a very long comparison.  What's your method - A/Bing or listen to one for a while then the next?

Aug 7, 2012 at 2:52 AM Post #273 of 4,487
Quote:
Hi,

I have a T90 coming later this month, so I can do a T1 vs T5p vs T70 vs T90 vs DT1350 comparison. Sounds good, no?

That all we need 
normal_smile .gif

Aug 7, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #277 of 4,487
These headphones are perfect candidates for me. Mid to high price range and open with dynamic drivers. If impressions continue to be positive I'll definitely be on the bandwagon.

Aug 13, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #278 of 4,487
Really looking forward to a full review of these. The upgrade from a dt 880/600 to a T1 has such a steep price, and the T90 seems like it would be a perfect upgrade down the road. If you could add the dt 880/600 to your comparison, that would be great!

Aug 14, 2012 at 6:35 AM Post #279 of 4,487
http://www.hifi-forum.de/index.php?action=browseT&back=1&sort=lpost&forum_id=211&thread=482

Beyer is loaning a T90 to the "hifi-forum". Each of the 25 "chosen ones" has one week to test it.. the only lending fee is writing an unbiased review.
For those who might be interested, check it out every week. 21 reviews to go =)
Use the translator :p

Aug 14, 2012 at 9:17 AM Post #280 of 4,487
Quote:
http://www.hifi-forum.de/index.php?action=browseT&back=1&sort=lpost&forum_id=211&thread=482

Beyer is loaning a T90 to the "hifi-forum". Each of the 25 "chosen ones" has one week to test it.. the only lending fee is writing an unbiased review.

I like the user name, Monster was the most recent anime that I've watched :p

Ill wait for a full english review, it's hard to go through the gramatical mistakes of the translations.

Aug 14, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #281 of 4,487
Feel like the burn-in time was pretty long for these. took a few days non-stop playing until they really started to sing, so I recommend giving them a couple of hundred hours.

Very pleasant to listen to. Had a funny experience the other day when I sat down to enjoy them after they had been running for many days in a row.. I have a Hi-Fi folder on my server where I usually put nice tunes from albums that I think sounds especially good.. I caught myself putting almost every track I listened to into that folder 
confused_face_2.gif

I really like the sound these make! (they grow on me)  They appear to be quite analytical, meaning that you really hear whats going on, but they still have the bottom to melt my ears with some good ol'e G'nR and similar. 

Aug 14, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #282 of 4,487
One more thing. I was asked to compare the T 90 with the 770's (Mine are the 80 ohm pro's) The difference is huge. Some could say that the 770's are more rock'n'roll ? (I think that would be mostly the case with *VERY* bright/poorly recorded albums.) If you'll allow me to exaggerate a lot, just in an attempt to explain the difference in an understandable way.. The 770's sounds something like : the T 90's in mono with pillows between the cups and the head, with the loudness button switched on and the treble set to 9 o clock. 

With that said, I very much like the 770's. But they are closed and meant for a different application than the t-90s. For me, I kinda need both types, although I'm not sure if 770's are my keepers when it comes to closed headphones. They do a great job for now (but not when quickly switching between these two, which offcoz I won't be doing normally!) The difference in price is also very unfair, so that is an important thing to keep in mind :D 

Aug 14, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #283 of 4,487
Hi,

When I get the T90 to demo, I can demo it for 30 days and there is no fee.

Quote:

Aug 20, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #285 of 4,487

Nice to find that here since I initiated the whole thing :) (You find me as Sathim over there)

I was lucky to listen to one of the Pre-Production (yet final) T90s since I'm in contact
with the PR-department since I initiated something similar for the T70.

I was impressed by the T70 since it was damn close to my Stax Lambda Pro, but the T90
lacks nothing anymore for me - it just sounds different, not better or worse in any way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back