Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Jan 6, 2017 at 3:26 AM Post #4,052 of 4,487
  I cannot go through 200+ pages, and perhaps my searching skills lack on this forum (where each headphone is discussed in a single thread) so I figured I'll just ask outright. Does burn-in temper the treble at all? I just got these cans in today, direct comparison within the first 2 hours vs the dt-880 pros, I was shocked that the pros blew them away, INITIALLY. I've ran these for about 12 hours now, and been listening actively for 3-4 hours, and the soundstage is significantly wider, the separation is better, the lows expanded, mids are beautiful yet the high end is still quite sharp. I expected this, and I only use dsd files, yet, I was just wondering if there is a significant burn in period, and does it tone them down a tad? I basically bought these as an interim can until I decide what I need next. Also, (search lacking) did anyone think to subdue the treble by adding another layer of material between the pads? (like inside the pad area) to tone it down? I see ppl have tried dynamat on the cups but I find that silly.

EQ a bit if needed.
If you're using a computer as source you can get a parametric equalizer and tweak the treble to your liking much more precisely than adding a random felt over the driver.
DMG Equality is a very clean equalizer. It can be demoed for free.

Jan 6, 2017 at 7:10 AM Post #4,053 of 4,487
  I cannot go through 200+ pages, and perhaps my searching skills lack on this forum (where each headphone is discussed in a single thread) so I figured I'll just ask outright. Does burn-in temper the treble at all? I just got these cans in today, direct comparison within the first 2 hours vs the dt-880 pros, I was shocked that the pros blew them away, INITIALLY. I've ran these for about 12 hours now, and been listening actively for 3-4 hours, and the soundstage is significantly wider, the separation is better, the lows expanded, mids are beautiful yet the high end is still quite sharp. I expected this, and I only use dsd files, yet, I was just wondering if there is a significant burn in period, and does it tone them down a tad? I basically bought these as an interim can until I decide what I need next. Also, (search lacking) did anyone think to subdue the treble by adding another layer of material between the pads? (like inside the pad area) to tone it down? I see ppl have tried dynamat on the cups but I find that silly.

For me, changing the pads (HM5 velor) made the difference. The treble eased up a little and the lows feels punchier. 

Jan 6, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #4,054 of 4,487
I've found that my T90's pair well with the Apogee Groove I recently bought. A warmer and more robust sound than with my Dragonfly V1.2.

Jan 6, 2017 at 11:31 PM Post #4,055 of 4,487
sounds good. i'm just using an x5 ii and a5 for now. still searching for the appropriate desktop amp for my liking. ( the x5 as a dac for pc works adequately for now ) i'll slap on new pads and see how it goes. 

Jan 9, 2017 at 1:10 PM Post #4,058 of 4,487
The "chrome" T 90 is the T 90 Jubilee from 2014, when Beyerdynamic celebrates the 90th Jubilee of the company.
Difference is only in the design, limited builded pieces of 1000 units and a special produced music cd for the T 90 Jubilee.

By the way I own the jubilee model from 75th company jubilee, but this one was modester.
It is the DT 75, which is something like a DT 311 or DT 411 and I buyed them new in 1999(75th jubilee) for ca. 80 Deutsche Mark. Coloured in Silver/Black.   

Jan 9, 2017 at 10:03 PM Post #4,061 of 4,487
I have a pair of the chromes. You don't get a CD.

Jan 9, 2017 at 10:10 PM Post #4,063 of 4,487
  But to confirm, these are exactly the same as the regular T90's?

There is no sonic difference, just a cosmetic one. I think the chromes look nicer than the standard.

Jan 9, 2017 at 10:57 PM Post #4,065 of 4,487
fyi. they were $229 when i bought them on ebay (brand new, with usa warranty). I'd think twice about purchasing on amazon.

edit: appears they're $239 now, but still.... http://www.ebay.com/itm/BeyerDynamic-T90-Chrome-Exclusive-Limited-Edition-Audiophile-Headphones-250-OHM-/322201776361?hash=item4b04b8f0e9:g:pLsAAOSwTZ1Xktxm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back