Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Dec 13, 2016 at 11:11 PM Post #4,036 of 4,487
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgzttbutvUc

my god this is beautifeul. its like im in cathedral! in my opinion everyone should get high and enjoy the beaufyl holography from T90.

Dec 14, 2016 at 6:46 AM Post #4,038 of 4,487
New T90 owner here. Have been a happy er4s owner for a while, I would say that ER4s is still the more accurate and transparent one compared to T90, but when I listen to Beethoven's No.9 Symphony, T90 brings forth the excitement of the music which ER4s can never do. You get some and you lose some, I don't regret the transition. Hopefully T90 with get even better after some burning-in. 

Dec 19, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #4,039 of 4,487
I am considering upgrading to a more modern headphone ( Grado Sr325i and Hifiman HE500 are my current headphones) like the T90. What are some headphones that are a good comparison to the T90?

Dec 19, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #4,040 of 4,487
I am considering upgrading to a more modern headphone ( Grado Sr325i and Hifiman HE500 are my current headphones) like the T90. What are some headphones that are a good comparison to the T90?

I have the t90 and the he500 and I like the he500 a lot more because it plays fairly well with all genres and is more forgiving. The t90 is awesome with certain types of music, but it will require good quality recordings. The T90 has a larger soundstage and the bass has a different feel to it. I think the bass is just the difference of dynamic vs planar driver. The planars that I have experience with are more linear and go lower than most the dynamic headphones but planars just don't have the nice punchy impact. The T90's bass can be overshadowed by the brightness though. If you are cringing from the amount of treble it is hard to notice how nice other areas of the sound are. This is a subjective double edged blade of sorts because if you like the treble, then you will really appreciate the amount of detail it brings to the table
wink_face.gif
.  The brightness of this headphone really affects all areas of the sound, vocals and guitars sound amazing because there details that the treble emphasis adds. With guitars you notice more of the hand motions from an artist such as them sliding their hand on the strings or little details of picking. One of the biggest differences between the he500 and the t90 is the weight, the t90 is one of the lightest headphones I have ever used. I don't mind heavy headphones because many of them can be very comfortable like the Lcd2 and the he500(I have zmf earpads and hd600 headpad on currently). What bugs me about heavy headphones is the way they shift on the head when you move around. That was the main reason that I chose my t90 over the he500 so many times for use at home.  

Dec 19, 2016 at 6:50 PM Post #4,041 of 4,487

T90 will certainly be even brighter than SR325i if you haven't modified it.  T90 is another beast of fun altogether.

Dec 21, 2016 at 5:25 AM Post #4,042 of 4,487

T90 will certainly be even brighter than SR325i if you haven't modified it.  T90 is another beast of fun altogether.

My 325i are heavily modded with wood cups and an "upgraded" cable. They are not as bright as the gold 325i that I once owned. If the T90 is brighter than a stock 325i,I will probably choose something different like a Senn HD700 or stay with the 325i and HE-500.

Dec 21, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #4,043 of 4,487
  My 325i are heavily modded with wood cups and an "upgraded" cable. They are not as bright as the gold 325i that I once owned. If the T90 is brighter than a stock 325i,I will probably choose something different like a Senn HD700 or stay with the 325i and HE-500.

If advisable to try the HD700 before buying.
While it's not as bright as some people suggest, it has certain coloration in the treble that is very polarizing.

Dec 27, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #4,047 of 4,487
I have had the Grado 325i for several months, and LCD2's and others after the T90's arrived I sold most of the headphones I had. to me they are that good...IMO the Grados were more bright than the T90's.

Recently I have a set of T'1 G2 which are another great headphone, totally different IMO but the T90's will still remain in my now smaller collection. They are still very transparent and do a wondeful job of presenting an accurate reproduction of instruments.

Alex

Dec 31, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #4,048 of 4,487

If advisable to try the HD700 before buying.
While it's not as bright as some people suggest, it has certain coloration in the treble that is very polarizing.

No kidding.  Both T90 and HD700 should be auditioned before buying where possible.

Dec 31, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #4,049 of 4,487

No kidding.  Both T90 and HD700 should be auditioned before buying where possible.

I agree, although for slightly different reasons.
T90 might be too sharp. HD700 while smoother, it has an odd treble tonality due to recessed upper mids and overly raised 5-6kHz.
I didn't find the HD700 overly bright for my preferences, but the treble was wrong tonally speaking.
HD800 exhibit similar treble colouration, but to a lesser extent.

Jan 5, 2017 at 8:59 PM Post #4,050 of 4,487
I cannot go through 200+ pages, and perhaps my searching skills lack on this forum (where each headphone is discussed in a single thread) so I figured I'll just ask outright. Does burn-in temper the treble at all? I just got these cans in today, direct comparison within the first 2 hours vs the dt-880 pros, I was shocked that the pros blew them away, INITIALLY. I've ran these for about 12 hours now, and been listening actively for 3-4 hours, and the soundstage is significantly wider, the separation is better, the lows expanded, mids are beautiful yet the high end is still quite sharp. I expected this, and I only use dsd files, yet, I was just wondering if there is a significant burn in period, and does it tone them down a tad? I basically bought these as an interim can until I decide what I need next. Also, (search lacking) did anyone think to subdue the treble by adding another layer of material between the pads? (like inside the pad area) to tone it down? I see ppl have tried dynamat on the cups but I find that silly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back