Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Feb 10, 2016 at 8:31 PM Post #3,541 of 4,487
looking to round out my headphone collection. love the HD600 and T90's but i want one more mid-fi set to fulfill one last sound signature. i'd like the T90's sub-bass but x 3 along with detailed mids and highs. where do i go? 

Feb 12, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #3,544 of 4,487
  looking to round out my headphone collection. love the HD600 and T90's but i want one more mid-fi set to fulfill one last sound signature. i'd like the T90's sub-bass but x 3 along with detailed mids and highs. where do i go? 

You like the T90 but want more bass? I'd check out the TH600, or maybe see if you can find a used Denon D2000; a closed can might round out your collection nicely. HE400i might do the trick too.

Feb 13, 2016 at 4:42 PM Post #3,546 of 4,487
  I think properly amped the T90 has a decent amount of really tight, controlled bass. It comes out nicely on songs like "Lose yourself to dance" by Daft Punk through my schiit stack

oh i love these phones and there is some great tight punchy bass on them. i am getting a pair of the JVCsz2000 for pure basshead listening but i'd also like a mid-fi phone that has great detail like the T90 but about 3x the bass :)

thanks guys for the suggestions as well.

Feb 18, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #3,551 of 4,487
Anyone compared it to the DT990Pro 250ohm? I am currently running my 990 through my computer>iBasso D14 dac>Asgard2 and listening to Google music at 320kpbs.
What would I gain if I move to T90 and how much difference it is going to make?

Feb 18, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #3,552 of 4,487
Anyone compared it to the DT990Pro 250ohm? I am currently running my 990 through my computer>iBasso D14 dac>Asgard2 and listening to Google music at 320kpbs.
What would I gain if I move to T90 and how much difference it is going to make?

I did, and once I heard the T90 compared to my DT 990, I sold the 990 and got the T90. The bass is tighter, better defined. The T90s are a bit more lush. Of course once I heard the T1 (gen 1), I felt the same way about the T90. I'm not a big fan of the T1 gen 2.

Once you have a DT990, improvements are incremental. If you never hear a T90 or a T1, you will be perfectly happy with the 990. Your problems start once you hear something better, even if only a little better. Then you end up having to have everything!

You have a few choices (as I see it).
  • Delete your head-fi account and be happy with what you have
  • decide you are insane (like the rest of here) and either upgrade to mid-fi, then to upper-mid-fi, then to summit-fi
  • just upgrade now to summit-fi
:)

Feb 18, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #3,553 of 4,487

I did, and once I heard the T90 compared to my DT 990, I sold the 990 and got the T90. The bass is tighter, better defined. The kids are a bit more lush. Of course once I heard the T1 (gen 1), I felt the same way about the T90. I'm not a big fan of the T1 gen 2.

Once you have a DT990, improvements are incremental. If you never hear a T90 or a T1, you will be perfectly happy with the 990. Your problems start once you hear something better, even if only a little better. Then you end up having to have everything!

You have a few choices (as I see it).
  • Delete your head-fi account and be happy with what you have
  • decide you are insane (like the rest of here) and either upgrade to mid-fi, then to upper-mid-fi, then to summit-fi
  • just upgrade now to summit-fi
:)

:)   (bold text was fun haha)

I will be receiving T90 later today. I'm a little treble sensitive(tinnitus) - example Sennheiser HD-700 has somewhat bad treble for me, but HD-800 sound OK for my tastes. Hope I will like T90's treble.

Feb 18, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #3,554 of 4,487
What's up all ..

I just to share with that me, as an owner of the T90s, I received my December 2015 made LCD-2 Rosewood two days ago. I have to say they are magnificent. 

When people mention phrases like "the sound is rich, creamy, smooth", I now get that. Just the rich bass, smooth and liquidy mids, non-fatiguing highs yet present is really a great combination. Yes they are heavy and not as comfortable. But not uncomfortable either!

I am keeping them besides the T90s. The first for everything, and the second for gaming due to better sound stage. 

Feb 18, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #3,555 of 4,487
  What's up all ..

I just to share with that me, as an owner of the T90s, I received my December 2015 made LCD-2 Rosewood two days ago. I have to say they are magnificent. 

When people mention phrases like "the sound is rich, creamy, smooth", I now get that. Just the rich bass, smooth and liquidy mids, non-fatiguing highs yet present is really a great combination. Yes they are heavy and not as comfortable. But not uncomfortable either!

I am keeping them besides the T90s. The first for everything, and the second for gaming due to better sound stage. 

What the hell did I just say here?!!! hahahahaha 

Sorry, I meant: I just wanted to share with you that,  ............. 

I was listening to music I lost my words I swear! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back