Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Jan 23, 2016 at 10:31 PM Post #3,481 of 4,487

I have the T90 and I brought them to RMAF and listed to the T70 in comparison. I certainly felt the T70 was brighter, way brighter. 

Oh my broken ears 
ph34r.gif

Jan 24, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #3,483 of 4,487
Hi Guys
I bought some T90 drivers to install in a DT990 enclosure with a D5000 (Denon AH-D5000) cable. I want to know where i put/solder the Positive and negative in the driver (look the right driver cable).

I want some pictures

Thank you very much in advance

Jan 28, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #3,484 of 4,487
Hi guys, I run stock usb-cable -> ifi iUSB -> ifi gemini -> ifi idac -> stock RCA -> ifi ican -> T90
and the bass really sucks, I've have brainwavz pads etc, doesn't matter, bass still sucks.
If I play loud it sounds like the headphones are blown (but they are not)

What part of my chain should I replace to get better bass for my T90's?
I can spend maximum 800 euro.

---

I've been looking around a lot on the Internet and kinda want to buy this:
* iFi iRack (stand for my ifi-devices, anti static, and included RCA cables) 150 euro
* iFi Mercury USB cable (150 euro)
* 2x iFi iPower (power supplies for iUSB/iCAN (90 euro)
= ~400 euro.
or/and iFi iTube (350 euro)

Would this improve my sound or just a waste of money and further built into iFi-madness?

Jan 28, 2016 at 4:05 PM Post #3,485 of 4,487
Man, just stop this madness :) I believe T90 is pretty specific set of cans, and if you not into T90 sound then you can not do anything, i feel like they ment to listen to 5% of descently mastered music and it will sound perfect. 95% sound as ****, T90 to blame? Maybe, or maybe recording studios owned by "beats" and the company to blame. Lad's said here earlier, **** in - **** out...  

After all you are talking about 800USD, first rule - get the best headphones you can, for 800 USD you can get something. Amps and dac's is 5-10% of impact, thats what i feel now. Not an audiophile, sorry, can't call myself like this, i heard to little

Jan 28, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #3,486 of 4,487
  Hi guys, I run stock usb-cable -> ifi iUSB -> ifi gemini -> ifi idac -> stock RCA -> ifi ican -> T90
and the bass really sucks, I've have brainwavz pads etc, doesn't matter, bass still sucks.

---

* iFi iRack (stand for my ifi-devices, anti static, and included RCA cables) 150 euro
= ~400 euro.

Would this improve my sound or just a waste of money and further built into iFi-madness?

If you really need more bass, you should just sell the T90s. You should do your homework, and find something that really suits your needs and purchase that. The T90s aren't a particularly bassy headphone. The headphones ultimately have the biggest impact on sound signature. The amps, dacs, and earpads have a comparatively smaller effect.

Edit: Or, you can go to the classifieds and see if someone wants to trade with you. 

Jan 28, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #3,487 of 4,487

If you really need more bass, you should just sell the T90s. You should do your homework, and find something that really suits your needs and purchase that. The T90s aren't a particularly bassy headphone. The headphones ultimately have the biggest impact on sound signature. The amps, dacs, and earpads have a comparatively smaller effect.

Edit: Or, you can go to the classifieds and see if someone wants to trade with you. 

I have Hifiman HE-400 too and I love their bass, but I want my T90's to sound good as well,
it doesn't have to be massive bass, just need it to be a lot better than now, cuz atm I need to
play at really high volumes to get some bass response and at this high volume everything starts to crackle.

I rather upgrade my chain than headphones, because I'm "in too deep" and
because this way I could get an improvement for both my HE-400's and my T90's.

Jan 28, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #3,489 of 4,487
  Man, just stop this madness :) I believe T90 is pretty specific set of cans, and if you not into T90 sound then you can not do anything, i feel like they ment to listen to 5% of descently mastered music and it will sound perfect. 95% sound as ****, T90 to blame? Maybe, or maybe recording studios owned by "beats" and the company to blame. Lad's said here earlier, **** in - **** out...  

After all you are talking about 800USD, first rule - get the best headphones you can, for 800 USD you can get something. Amps and dac's is 5-10% of impact, thats what i feel now. Not an audiophile, sorry, can't call myself like this, i heard to little

Yeah it's actually sick to spend quadruple amount on the chain than on the headphones but I've already spent so much :S 
And yes, I totally agree with the text I marked as bold, some songs sound A M A Z I N G on the T90's, almost unreal how good it sounds,
but as you said - this is only for ~5% of my songs...

Jan 28, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #3,490 of 4,487

---

= ~400 euro.

Power supplies, cables, DACs and amps (once you get a decent one) will make a tiny difference in the overall sound signature. The headphones are the main thing, and the actual music. Most would argue they get plenty of good bass from the T90, so I would posit that there is something wrong with your pair. See if you can return them for a an exchange, or borrow another pair from someone to compare. At worst, send them to another headfi-er for comparison. 

As others have said, it may just be that for you, the T90 is not the right headphone.

Jan 28, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #3,492 of 4,487
your iFi stack will be great with tons of other headphones. if a headphone isn't working out for you or the style you listen to, there's nothing wrong with trying other headphones.

i am a big DT990 fan but even when you EQ the heck out of it, it's still not a basshead phone. you plug in some halfway bass oriented headphones and the settings that give dt990 decent bass give other headphones so much you can't hear anything but sub bass drowning everything else out.

i love my dt990 but i would never, never use it when i want to hear bass. i have bass oriented headphones for that :)

Jan 29, 2016 at 1:53 AM Post #3,493 of 4,487
love these cans. with a bit of bass boost they have some very nice deep bass. 

Jan 29, 2016 at 5:42 AM Post #3,494 of 4,487
totally agree with T90 how it should sound. if you are bass head or need a lot of bass forget about T90. And it depend on what kind of music you are listening.
if you really need a little more bass just EQ from foobar. Try all the headphones before you buy. let your ears buy the headphone. 
I have tried many type of headphone with this price range. i still picked T90 because it has nice musical sound. if you listen a lot of heavy metal, alternative, rock and so on. it is not so pleasant.

Jan 29, 2016 at 5:59 PM Post #3,495 of 4,487
Forget it..., I solved the problem on my own
Thanks everybody
Quote:
  Hi Guys
I bought some T90 drivers to install in a DT990 enclosure with a D5000 (Denon AH-D5000) cable. I want to know where i put/solder the Positive and negative in the driver (look the right driver cable).

I want some pictures

Thank you very much in advance

Users who are viewing this thread

Back