Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Jan 20, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #3,466 of 4,487
Nah, I have them both and the T90 with a well paired amp has lovely bass, detailed treble and engaging mids. The 400 is no slouch at all. But doesn't get much headline. Also for gaming the soundstage and directional information you get from the T90 is way better than the HE-400. It's a fantastic can for gaming.

Cheers,
K

So you recommend Bottle head crack for the T90? I might buy one as 2nd amp, price seems reasonable.

Jan 20, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #3,467 of 4,487
So you recommend Bottle head crack for the T90? I might buy one as 2nd amp, price seems reasonable.

Absolutely. The T90 sounds it best with to my ears. Fantastic combo.

Jan 22, 2016 at 2:43 PM Post #3,468 of 4,487
Hey, can anyone compare the T90 to the HIFIMAN He-400i and the T70 (with pleather pads for better seal and bass)? 

I like them both, but want a bit more bass on both. 

Is the T90 bassier than either, but still clear and accurate overall? 

I listen mostly to metal and prog and do a lot of gaming. I use the Oppo HA-2 for most of my music listening. 

Thanks!

Jan 22, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #3,469 of 4,487
  Hey, can anyone compare the T90 to the HIFIMAN He-400i and the T70 (with pleather pads for better seal and bass)? 

I listen mostly to metal and prog and do a lot of gaming. I use the Oppo HA-2 for most of my music listening. 

Thanks!

I just briefly compared T90 and T70 recently. T90 is more spacious and airy and have a little bit more amount of bass for sure and T90 is brighter than T70 to my ear. Technically they are both very accurate and analytic, but I feel T90 soulds a little bit relaxed maybe just because of the semi-open design while the T70 has every thing under control very very tightly. I think, overall the T90 perform better but T70 has a really very special sound (I prefer it with string and piano). It's just my own feeling~ 

Jan 22, 2016 at 6:32 PM Post #3,470 of 4,487

Thanks!

The T90 has rather satisfying bass with Brainwavz velour pads; personally I found bass slightly lacking with the stock pads.

Jan 22, 2016 at 8:20 PM Post #3,471 of 4,487
@Gilly87 Yes, I felt the same way about the T70, and I'm using the Brainwavz pleather pads. It's still not quite bassy enough for me, although it is a really underrated headphone.

I'm assuming the T90s are similar, but sound more open with better bass. 

I saw someone was selling his on the classifieds at a good price, and thought about picking them up. 

Jan 23, 2016 at 10:40 AM Post #3,472 of 4,487
Ordered Vali 2 for my T90 with some hope to open them up... They are damn record sensitive.. Anyone tried Limp Bizkit on T90? For me - unlistenable. Maybe i should try different pads too. Or i'l sell them to get something from HiFiman. Gaming is awesome, but 90 percent of music is just awfull

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #3,473 of 4,487
Ordered Vali 2 for my T90 with some hope to open them up... They are damn record sensitive.. Anyone tried Limp Bizkit on T90? For me - unlistenable. Maybe i should try different pads too. Or i'l sell them to get something from HiFiman. Gaming is awesome, but 90 percent of music is just awfull

With the Brainwavz HM5 velours T90 sounds very relaxed.

Jan 23, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #3,476 of 4,487
"Gaming is awesome, but 90 percent of music is just awfull"

this is a great statement of the crap thats out there......the ole garbage in garbage out.

I have many fine recordings that sound very very good with the T90's...accurate, wonderful tight bass, musical, great tonality....

But with many modern stuff its still crapola...headphones and or a good neutral amp etc not going to fix that...

A.

Jan 23, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #3,477 of 4,487
  "Gaming is awesome, but 90 percent of music is just awfull"

this is a great statement of the crap thats out there......the ole garbage in garbage out.

I have many fine recordings that sound very very good with the T90's...accurate, wonderful tight bass, musical, great tonality....

But with many modern stuff its still crapola...headphones and or a good neutral amp etc not going to fix that...

A.

So true...I find the T90 is similar to one of my favorite earphones 
rolleyes.gif
 in that it's great with good recordings, but some thinner recordings, including a lot of hip hop and modern pop, just sound like trash.

Garbage in, garbage out...the HD650 is the only high quality exception to that rule!

Jan 23, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #3,478 of 4,487
I just briefly compared T90 and T70 recently. T90 is more spacious and airy and have a little bit more amount of bass for sure and T90 is brighter than T70 to my ear. Technically they are both very accurate and analytic, but I feel T90 soulds a little bit relaxed maybe just because of the semi-open design while the T70 has every thing under control very very tightly. I think, overall the T90 perform better but T70 has a really very special sound (I prefer it with string and piano). It's just my own feeling~ 

Yes, the T70 has deepened my appreciation for the treble region.

Since I haven't been listening to much orchestral and jazz, it's something I haven't valued much.

With that said, I'll be weighing the new headphone purchases' treble response against that of the T70.

With that said, you saying the T90s are bright is a bit concerning.

Jan 23, 2016 at 10:01 PM Post #3,479 of 4,487

Since I haven't been listening to much orchestral and jazz, it's something I haven't valued much.

With that said, I'll be weighing the new headphone purchases' treble response against that of the T70.

I have read some threads saying T70 is brighter. Probably they are very similar, or just depend on individuals.

Jan 23, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #3,480 of 4,487

I have read some threads saying T70 is brighter. Probably they are very similar, or just depend on individuals.

I have the T90 and I brought them to RMAF and listed to the T70 in comparison. I certainly felt the T70 was brighter, way brighter. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back