Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Jan 4, 2016 at 6:39 AM Post #3,436 of 4,487
   my t90 had exactly the same problem as you said except it was at left side. as you said it just happened at some songs for example the song "hello" from Adele. that time i drove them directly from fiio x3 2nd. So i returned them and got a new one. the second pair didnt have that problem at all. after 2 weeks i bought an a20 amp and surprisingly after that this problem occurred this time at the right side. i called the local distributor and they said they have run out of t90 but they offered me to change the right capsule of the first one with the right capsule of the second one. they said this problem may be due to capsule of the headphone. the interesting point is sometimes the sound is totally clean and sometimes this problem occurs. Im not sure what to do. plz keep me aware of what will u do to solve that problem tanx

I faced this same(?) issue with my first pair of T90s. For me it happened only when playing bass-heavy tracks so I figured the cause was a hair or something stuck to the driver. After receiving a new pair (from Thomann) I haven't had this issue anymore.. so I'm thinking that maybe this could be a QC problem. 
confused_face_2.gif

Jan 5, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #3,437 of 4,487
i'm tired and don't feel like writing much but these are a great match with the Burson Soloist SL amp. tames the highs a tad, increases soundstage and imaging a lil bit and doesn't futz with the sound much more beyond that. so gives it a tad more warmth along with expanding the sound a touch. fantastic with EDM and classical - the two genres i've been testing these out with the Burson with.

this is all with the Oppo HA-2 providing its DAC via its line out from my laptop via USB.

Jan 8, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #3,438 of 4,487
Hey guys, what should I buy to get better bass out of the T90s?

Setup: pc->ifi iusb->ifi idac->ifi ican

Atm I need to play at extremely high volumes to get the bass response I want...
I've ordered Brainwavz Hybrid and Brainwavz Angled Velour because the comfort
on the T90 is ******* terrible. I hope any of those two will help with comfort and/or bass.

But if they don't - I've got 1000 euro top spend on better sound, worst case scenario is
to buy another pair of headphones, which would feel sad since I've not even owned those
for a year yet.

Jan 8, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #3,439 of 4,487

on the T90 is ******* terrible. I hope any of those two will help with comfort and/or bass.

But if they don't - I've got 1000 euro top spend on better sound, worst case scenario is
to buy another pair of headphones, which would feel sad since I've not even owned those
for a year yet.

You will need a warm source and amp for them.. Man i sold mine after a month because they gave me listening fatigue after half n hour. Went back to a pair of X2's which sound a hell of alot better on the bottom end for the music i listen to. The bass is nice on them, but you may have trouble "Getting more". Look into a different headphone.

The T90's are nice, but after owning them for awhile they are a bit over rated for the asking price.

Jan 8, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #3,440 of 4,487
there are no such thing as better sound..just different type of sound signature. If bass is what you are looking for then beyer is never famous for that in the first place.... hifiman would be a better match...i have beyer, senh, and hifiman so depending on mood..i choose my prefer sound signature .

Jan 9, 2016 at 2:41 AM Post #3,441 of 4,487

for a year yet.

the angled velours should do a good job for you IMO

Jan 9, 2016 at 6:42 AM Post #3,442 of 4,487
Any tips for  Amp + DAC for under 1000 euro (together)
Already got ifi iusb->ifi idac->ifi ican so gotta be higher level stuff than these.

Also, should I maybe buy cables (USB-A ->USB-B) and a new 2CA -> 2RCA?
Currently using stock products on those two links.

Jan 9, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #3,443 of 4,487
Any tips for  Amp + DAC for under 1000 euro (together)
Already got ifi iusb->ifi idac->ifi ican so gotta be higher level stuff than these.

Also, should I maybe buy cables (USB-A ->USB-B) and a new 2CA -> 2RCA?
Currently using stock products on those two links.

Continue with the iDac but get a Bottlehead crack with speedball. Best sounding combo with the T90 for me.

Brings out the bass nicely and is just the best fun to listen to.

Cheers,
K

Jan 9, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #3,444 of 4,487
Continue with the iDac but get a Bottlehead crack with speedball. Best sounding combo with the T90 for me.

Brings out the bass nicely and is just the best fun to listen to.

Cheers,
K

I saw they just released Crack-a-twoa (2nd version of bottlehead's hp amp) But I don't want to build anything myself and they wanted 530 dollars to build it for me. So Bottlehead is kinda out of the equation. The Bottlehead crackatwoa would cost me 800 dollars for EQ + ~500 dollars for  building, 1300 dollars is too much for me atm.

Jan 9, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #3,445 of 4,487
I am so ******* mad right now, I spend all my money on sound gear but when something bad happens I've no idea where to look for help. I live in Sweden and in my town of 10.000 people we don't have a single decent audiophile shop. Every time one my pieces break I get anxiety and feel really lost. Atm myT90-s feels almost unwearable because I ****ed up the headband by bending/stretching it too hard, I wish I could vist an IRL shop and get my stuff fixed or buy better gear but for me it's always a random guess when ordering on the Internet.

To contribute to the Topic, here is my  very short star review

Design: 10/10 - They look so ******* good, as a nerd would say: VAC PLEASE!
Features: 3/0 - Only comes with a traverling bag and the cable is stuck to the left driver so it cannot be changed.
Sound Quality: 7/10 - AMAZING while listening to vocal, perfectly recorded media. The sound is good in EDM too but I lack bas, I really do lack fun and bass.
Value: 4/10  - Well 400 euro is not that much, but I recommend everyone to gather a bit more money and buy a better headphone.
Comfort 2/10 - Wore them for a year now, telling myself it would get better but NO, it will  NOT get better. The comfort with stock pack are really, really bad. I've ordered Brainwavz Hybrid and Angeled Velours and I hope they will fix this for me............

Overall a ****ty headphone that can shine in it's moments.

Jan 9, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #3,447 of 4,487
  I am so ******* mad right now, I spend all my money on sound gear but when something bad happens I've no idea where to look for help. I live in Sweden and in my town of 10.000 people we don't have a single decent audiophile shop. Every time one my pieces break I get anxiety and feel really lost. Atm myT90-s feels almost unwearable because I ****ed up the headband by bending/stretching it too hard, I wish I could vist an IRL shop and get my stuff fixed or buy better gear but for me it's always a random guess when ordering on the Internet.

To contribute to the Topic, here is my  very short star review

Design: 10/10 - They look so ******* good, as a nerd would say: VAC PLEASE!
Features: 3/0 - Only comes with a traverling bag and the cable is stuck to the left driver so it cannot be changed.
Sound Quality: 7/10 - AMAZING while listening to vocal, perfectly recorded media. The sound is good in EDM too but I lack bas, I really do lack fun and bass.
Value: 4/10  - Well 400 euro is not that much, but I recommend everyone to gather a bit more money and buy a better headphone.
Comfort 2/10 - Wore them for a year now, telling myself it would get better but NO, it will  NOT get better. The comfort with stock pack are really, really bad. I've ordered Brainwavz Hybrid and Angeled Velours and I hope they will fix this for me............

Overall a ****ty headphone that can shine in it's moments.

Well, they really don't lack bass with the right amp. As mentioned a bottle head crack ( not the crack a two) is still available and you can find people here on headfi who build it for you for way less than $500. I also have a Denon D7100 and if I want bottomless bass then they can do it. But you miss out on other areas. 

Cheers,
K

Jan 9, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #3,448 of 4,487
I just got a fostex TH600 and listened for a few hours. I was blown away by the bass. I put in alpha pads, and it sounds great. I then tried my T90 and wow, it sounded like a transistor radio! LOL. I listened to the T90 for about five minutes and my brain totally adjusted back. It's amazing how that happens.

Jan 10, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #3,449 of 4,487
Which one presented the more accurate presentation?

I know you might prefer one over the other....

But from a objective viewpoint which was more accurate to what the original mastering was?

Alex

Jan 10, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #3,450 of 4,487
Which one presented the more accurate presentation?

I know you might prefer one over the other....

But from a objective viewpoint which was more accurate to what the original mastering was?

Alex

Neither the t90 nor the TH600 are accurate. If you wNt accurate. One is bass heavy and one is treble heavy. The Fostex also seems to extend much more with sub bass. If you wNt accurate, get a PMx2 or check out studio monitors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back