Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Dec 8, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #3,391 of 4,487

Hmm, I'll have to pickup a pair those brainwavz, though I wonder how the "hybrid" pads with part velour and part pleather would sound as well.
Once I get paid I might just pick up 1 each of angled and non angled, velour and hybrid and provide my own comparisons.

Also, listening to Manic Focus atm, I'm really digging it!
I would recommend also checking out Opiuo and The Riddler, they've been a couple of my recent favorites for EDM.

A question to everyone here, currently I'm powering these off an Aune T1 (mk1) with a Gold Lion tube and I'm looking into maybe getting a BH Crack at some point, does anyone have a recommendation for DAC?
I'm seeing the Schiit Modi 2 is fairly well regarded, I'm just wondering what all my options would be or if anyone's tried the Crack off the Aune.

Listening to The Riddler now - love the psy goodness. You like Infected Mushroom? He definitely reminds me of their newer stuff, but with more deep house influence. Loving it 
dt880smile.png
  Hope to see more new stuff on TIDAL!

Dec 9, 2015 at 1:22 AM Post #3,392 of 4,487
I had changed from schiit amp to meier audio amp. i find it german made amp pair well with my T90. Bass more control. better detail. better power. and i like the crossfeed feature.
But treble is slightly higher sometimes compare to schiit asgard. anyone have any experience in meier audio here with their T90?:beyersmile:

I have the daccord and classic. Since it's my only solid state amp, I cannot compare it to anything to verify your hypothesis. I certainly like the sound from the Meier combo, but to tell you the truth, I cannot tell the difference between the peachtree DAC-it and the daccord, other than the daccord is a tad louder.

Dec 13, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #3,393 of 4,487
Hey guys, I've been using the T90 for a few months now paired with the Schii Modi into Schiit Magni (both generation 1, no uber). I've been interested in getting a tube amp for the T90, but people only seem to suggest the Bottlehead Crack. I don't have the equipment, knowledge, or any desire to build my own amp, so what are the other choices? I was looking at the Valhalla 2 from Schiit, but haven't seen any glowing reviews for it really.

Dec 13, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #3,394 of 4,487
Hi @Tyranids , seems like I'm in the same dilemma. From what I've found through reviews, I would suggest that you do take a look at the Project Sunrise III, Solstice or Ember thread, maybe it gives you an overview. I personally think it's really hard to find anything better than that in that price range (they also have good outputs for most headphones for a tube amp). 6h30 or 6n6p tubes could also be a good idea for T90s. The guys at Garage1217 are really friendly and can even give you recommendations in case you decide to get one and don't know what tubes fit better for your choice.
But if you have the budget, there are several options too: Woo Audio Wa3+ (from what I could read, any above and including 3rd series work fine with them), La Figaro 339, Mjolnir and I will stop here, I don't have much insight on these high budget ones. I think you can't go wrong with a Wa6 or 7 for any bright hps, but they're really expensive from my pov. 
I've been looking at several reviews and threads for the past month and I can only say the more you look, the more confusing things will get. 

Good luck in your endeavours, do give us a short review on your setup after you've decided :D !

Dec 14, 2015 at 9:04 AM Post #3,395 of 4,487
I have the T90 paired with the original Valhalla and find it to be a great match.  I replaced the input tubes with Electro-Harmonix 6922EH Golds, and have really enjoyed the sound.  The amp isn't overly warm by any stretch of the imagination, but it mellows out the slightly bright highs of the T90, to my ears anyway!  And it has a very low noise floor....black background.  I haven't heard the Valhalla 2, but it's probably worth giving it an audition.  You've got 15 days to send it back to Schiit if you don't like it so there's no real downside to picking one up.

Dec 14, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #3,396 of 4,487
  Hey guys, I've been using the T90 for a few months now paired with the Schii Modi into Schiit Magni (both generation 1, no uber). I've been interested in getting a tube amp for the T90, but people only seem to suggest the Bottlehead Crack. I don't have the equipment, knowledge, or any desire to build my own amp, so what are the other choices? I was looking at the Valhalla 2 from Schiit, but haven't seen any glowing reviews for it really.

Why not buy one built? FS/FT section all day baby ^_^

You could also go to the Crack's dedicated thread and ask around, see if someone's willing to do the build for you.

Schiit's crap is always a safe bet though. I've heard the Valhalla at more meets than I can count; it's an awesome piece of kit, both visually and aurally 
L3000.gif

Dec 17, 2015 at 2:19 PM Post #3,397 of 4,487
Random question about pairings, since these cans are apparently scale well with upstream upgrades, has anyone listened to the T90s with a Marantz HD-DAC1? I'm wondering if this is a decent match or not... 

Dec 20, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #3,398 of 4,487
I just got a pair of all-black DT990 PRO LE's and I'm totally blown away by how good they sound!
L3000.gif

So now I'm seriously considering the T90's as my next pair.
biggrin.gif

Dec 20, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #3,400 of 4,487
my credit limit got bumped up on a card so....well....got a pair of these on the way!

Dec 22, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #3,401 of 4,487
Thanks to Amazon Prime these cans arrived here today.

Running out of my desktop>LH Labs Geekout V2>Oppo HA-2>T90

Very airy sound. Doing A/B comparisons with my beloved HD600's the 600's sound more in my face, so to speak. The soundstage seems all around bigger with the T90's, which is contrary to what a few have posted in this thread regarding the 600's. Also it sounds like the 600's are a bit warmer although the bass of the T90 is superior to the 600's - the 600's tonality is overall warmer IMO to the T90's. The amazing sub-bass of the T90's reminds me of the recently discovered Dunu DN-2000J IEM's.

Overall a great sound out of both cans - right now it's a good problem to have as to what goes on my head. Right now the T90's are winning, nothing quite like the taste of something new they say.

Looking to get a desktop amp to pair with the Geekout V2 and it seems the Asgard2 is not warm enough for what I want to obtain. And Solid State amps that would work are pricier than I want to spend right now. There are some tube amps that have been recommended that would work price-wise just not sure I want to get into the world of tubes and the additional cost they bring to the hobby :)  I'd rather spend the money I'd spend on tubes on another pair of cans or IEM's.

p.s. and oh btw the T1's are $799 right now at Amazon

Dec 23, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #3,402 of 4,487
  Thanks to Amazon Prime these cans arrived here today.

Running out of my desktop>LH Labs Geekout V2>Oppo HA-2>T90

Very airy sound. Doing A/B comparisons with my beloved HD600's the 600's sound more in my face, so to speak. The soundstage seems all around bigger with the T90's, which is contrary to what a few have posted in this thread regarding the 600's. Also it sounds like the 600's are a bit warmer although the bass of the T90 is superior to the 600's - the 600's tonality is overall warmer IMO to the T90's. The amazing sub-bass of the T90's reminds me of the recently discovered Dunu DN-2000J IEM's.

Overall a great sound out of both cans - right now it's a good problem to have as to what goes on my head. Right now the T90's are winning, nothing quite like the taste of something new they say.

Looking to get a desktop amp to pair with the Geekout V2 and it seems the Asgard2 is not warm enough for what I want to obtain. And Solid State amps that would work are pricier than I want to spend right now. There are some tube amps that have been recommended that would work price-wise just not sure I want to get into the world of tubes and the additional cost they bring to the hobby :)  I'd rather spend the money I'd spend on tubes on another pair of cans or IEM's.

p.s. and oh btw the T1's are $799 right now at Amazon

Great choice. T90 is a really gentle and delicate sounding headphone, very detailed and transparent.

Dec 23, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #3,403 of 4,487
Great choice. T90 is a really gentle and delicate sounding headphone, very detailed and transparent.
T90 is indeed great! Large step up from Dt990. I whould have buyed it, but cable is as horrible as my DT990... My dt990 is tangling like crazy! Hard and not flexible. I much prefer HD650 cable, i can put it everythere and it not become tangled. Headband adjustment and cable is why i never whould buy T90... New T1 on the other hand are improved in those things.

Dec 23, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #3,404 of 4,487
T90 is indeed great! Large step up from Dt990. I whould have buyed it, but cable is as horrible as my DT990... My dt990 is tangling like crazy! Hard and not flexible. I much prefer HD650 cable, i can put it everythere and it not become tangled. Headband adjustment and cable is why i never whould buy T90... New T1 on the other hand are improved in those things.

I agree the cable on DT880, DT990 and T90 is a bit stiff. The headband adjustment is pretty standard Beyer and I think it works fine. These things put aside I think T90 is one of the best and most comfortable headphones money can buy.  

Dec 23, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #3,405 of 4,487
I agree the cable on DT880, DT990 and T90 is a bit stiff. The headband adjustment is pretty standard Beyer and I think it works fine. These things put aside I think T90 is one of the best and most comfortable headphones money can buy.  
I find that headband adjustment mechanism is very lose. My adjustment setting are always on 6 dots, but many times it goes to 5. T1 felt more stiff. If Beyerdynamic can solve these issues, i am gonna buy T90.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back