Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Jul 21, 2015 at 11:26 PM Post #3,091 of 4,487
I have been listening to a loan T90 whole day using Marantz SA-KI Pearl Lite as a source and Matrix M-Stage as amp. I really like it. Compared to my HD650 and HD600, T90 is a cleaner and more resolving and at the same time more fun and emotionally involving. I wonder now how T1 sounds and if it is worth $500 extra here in Sweden :)

I don't know about the shipping and import fees to Sweden but there's a T1 available for $669.99 right now on ebay.

Jul 22, 2015 at 3:58 AM Post #3,093 of 4,487
 I don't know about the shipping and import fees to Sweden but there's a T1 available for $669.99 right now on ebay.

Taking into account shipping fees, VAT and customs fee it would cost approximately $870 which is roughly the same price as on online stores here in Sweden. 

Probably it doesn't justify the cost, but if you have decent HPA you could try to loan them and try IMHO.

Jul 26, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #3,094 of 4,487
Tested out my T90's with a few DAC/AMP combos: Aune S16, Essence HDACC, Fiio X5 and Sony UDA-1.  The Fiio X5 is barely powerful enough to comfortably drive them while the Aune and Essence's volume needs to be set to 80%.  The Sony has more than enough power, but I barely used it.  All of the devices were sibilance free in my tests which I found surprising considering all of the reports.  I'd like to have more volume but I'm dubious about the quality of the cheaper AMPs versus my HDACC.

Jul 26, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #3,096 of 4,487
  I use my T90's with my Aune T1 as a DAC, and my Matrix M-Stage for the amp. The Matrix M-stage I use is the one without a DAC. 
There is another one with the DAC.  Excellent combination!

I confirm. Matrix M-Stage works great with T90. 
beerchug.gif

Jul 26, 2015 at 1:09 PM Post #3,097 of 4,487
The t90s are 250ohms and most amps drop off in power up here.... so you need an amp that can drive them to their spl level and the cans sensitivity is also important to note.

The bottlehead crack and odac  combo can make them play very loud, as will the O2, and many other amps..I have 2 onkyo avrs, surface tablet, HP tablet, asgard, lyr that have no issue at all as well as a Ava pram' with headphone circuit.

Alex

Jul 27, 2015 at 7:24 AM Post #3,098 of 4,487
Who is this guy on Youtube called Z Reviews?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWnsB__VMMQ

He got it completely wrong. What references does he have? 
confused_face(1).gif
 What is good sound for him? I mean .... really

I see he has tons of reviews of headphones on Youtube. He also has, believe it or not "Sound Demo" of headphones on YouTube (!) where you can "hear" how the headphones he reviews sound. Meaningless. How serious is that?

Jul 27, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #3,100 of 4,487
  Who is this guy on Youtube called Z Reviews?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWnsB__VMMQ

He got it completely wrong. What references does he have? 
confused_face(1).gif
 What is good sound for him? I mean .... really

I see he has tons of reviews of headphones on Youtube. He also has, believe it or not "Sound Demo" of headphones on YouTube (!) where you can "hear" how the headphones he reviews sound. Meaningless. How serious is that?

For the sake of more knowledge, can you enlighten me on where he  "got it completely wrong" sir ?

On another note, my T90s sound quite light in overall sound and I'm not hearing any of the fatiguing annoying treble people are complaining about from these, (and I can usually tell when something has a bit too much treble). Vocals on them sound subdued and lacking a bit of clarity in comparison to my V shaped Ultrasone HFI-580 ( a headphone that while good for its price should not be competing like it is against a T90.  Could my T90s have a problem? I have nowhere in the Minneapolis area I can take them to, to have them checked. 

Jul 27, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #3,102 of 4,487
  For the sake of more knowledge, can you enlighten me on where he  "got it completely wrong" sir ?

On another note, my T90s sound quite light in overall sound and I'm not hearing any of the fatiguing annoying treble people are complaining about from these, (and I can usually tell when something has a bit too much treble). Vocals on them sound subdued and lacking a bit of clarity in comparison to my V shaped Ultrasone HFI-580 ( a headphone that while good for its price should not be competing like it is against a T90.  Could my T90s have a problem? I have nowhere in the Minneapolis area I can take them to, to have them checked. 

According to Z Reviews T90 are unlistenable because of their annoying and fatiguing treble. T90 are "treble happy" headphones, I agree, but they never sound harsh and unlistenable.

Another thing that he IMO got it whole wrong is that he believes that his sound demos on Youtube can give us any picture of how a particular headphone sounds.

Jul 27, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #3,104 of 4,487

According to Z Reviews T90 are unlistenable because of their annoying and fatiguing treble. T90 are "treble happy" headphones, I agree, but they never sound harsh and unlistenable.

Another thing that he IMO got it whole wrong is that he believes that his sound demos on Youtube can give us any picture of how a particular headphone sounds.

Okay, it appears that the treble varies depending on the person. Based on your experience and the info I've given would you say my particular pair of T90s is faulty?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back