Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Mar 1, 2015 at 7:08 PM Post #2,836 of 4,487

I have yet to hear the T90... but the DT990 is a headphone that very few people enjoy. I owned it for a few months and sold it on, not the best sounding phone for the price. If you are really interested in it, have a listen, only your ears can decide :)

I think I'll just end up with the T90 :). As far as I understand based on various descriptions, it's almost like a mix of the DT 880 and 990 (less neutral but also less V-shaped?). It sounds interesting at least and might just be what I'm looking for to compliment my HD 600.

Mar 2, 2015 at 5:54 AM Post #2,837 of 4,487
Well I've ordered the T90 now so we'll see
beyersmile.png
. Should hopefully get them later this week.

Mar 2, 2015 at 7:37 AM Post #2,838 of 4,487
Beware if your not used to bright harsh highs, you will scream in pain unless you can plug them into something that will tame the highs down enough for you to enjoy it. Also if you have high freq tinnitus, the highs will bother you.

Mar 2, 2015 at 4:54 PM Post #2,839 of 4,487
  Beware if your not used to bright harsh highs, you will scream in pain unless you can plug them into something that will tame the highs down enough for you to enjoy it. Also if you have high freq tinnitus, the highs will bother you.

I don't think the T90 has harsh treble... lots it it -- yes. harsh -- no. Bad recordings may result in problems though...

Mar 2, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #2,840 of 4,487
That what it was, it was bad recordings, I remembered now that i went thru my music and deleted any songs that was bad. I liked the treble for a while tho til my tinnitus started being bothered by it and after I tried different tube's in the little dot MK2 2.0 I had. I ended up still moving away from it in the end. Never less it was still a good pair of headphones but maybe not for me. Before I got the T90's I was told it had alot of treble but I didn't take them serious and thought it wasn't that lot that I wouldn't be bothered by it, but I was wrong took a while for me to get tired of it.

Mar 3, 2015 at 6:43 AM Post #2,841 of 4,487
Agreed about the volume and treble, but I definitely experience the T1 as having tighter, punchier bass. Odd.

Quote:
Definitely more quantity. I find the T1 to be between DT-880 and T90 in terms of bass and treble quantity, much like the FR graphs suggest. With the T90 you'd get that bass punch and ultra prominent treble whereas the T1 is more lean and better for turning the volume up.

Mar 3, 2015 at 7:33 AM Post #2,842 of 4,487
Mar 3, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #2,843 of 4,487
I agree with the amps used which makes the T90 seems to be very "fickle".

Recently a friend tried my T90 with his setups. Can't really remember what it was but Aune T1 is one of them. He said the T90 was very bright and he can't bear listening to it at all.

Another friend tried with his Fiio DAP (again, can't remember what it was) and hated it, he commented on how it sounded so wrong. He later then listened to the T90 with my setup and love every bit of it.

As for T90 vs T1, I would say go for the T1 if you could spend the extra money on it. I would highly suggest to try the T90 with your setup before purchasing it if you could.

Although IMO the T90 is much more fun, YMMV.

Mar 4, 2015 at 6:48 AM Post #2,844 of 4,487
  I agree with the amps used which makes the T90 seems to be very "fickle".

Recently a friend tried my T90 with his setups. Can't really remember what it was but Aune T1 is one of them. He said the T90 was very bright and he can't bear listening to it at all.

Another friend tried with his Fiio DAP (again, can't remember what it was) and hated it, he commented on how it sounded so wrong. He later then listened to the T90 with my setup and love every bit of it.

As for T90 vs T1, I would say go for the T1 if you could spend the extra money on it. I would highly suggest to try the T90 with your setup before purchasing it if you could.

Although IMO the T90 is much more fun, YMMV.

I solved the T90 brightness issue with Lehmann audio BCL and a neutral dac. A neutral amplifier can reduce the brightness of the headphones. Hope this help:)

Mar 4, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #2,845 of 4,487
They arrived today. So far I'm liking them and I don't think they're too bright, but they are certainly bright! There's definitely more treble than the HD 600, but fortunately, it seems that my ears are not treble sensitive. Soundstage might be slightly larger. In terms of detail, I'm not sure, but they obviously sound clearer due to the extra treble.

They're comfortable, even the headband (not as comfortable as the HD 600, though, but of course they are still new), which is something I couldn't say for the DT 880 Premium when I tried those. The combination of light clamping and the weight plus insufficient padding in the headband (for my head at least), just wasn't very fun.

But the T90 seems to work for me 
beyersmile.png

So far so good. I enjoy them out of the O2.

Mar 4, 2015 at 8:10 PM Post #2,846 of 4,487
So close to pull the trigger on the T90's. I've owned the DT 880 briefly, which I liked, but sold to a friend before my HD-600 arrived. The 600's are just way too dark for me. I've come to the conclusion that I really like headphones that got that sparkle in the highs. My goto headphone atm is a pair of Alessandro MS1i, powered through a Dr.dac2 -> Project Sunrise II, all flac through Foobar. The T90's seems to be the logical upgrade and should pair fairly well with my amp, or am I totally wrong? 

Mar 4, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #2,848 of 4,487
  MSD192 -> Project Sunrise III -> T90 with a PSVane 12AU7-T sounds very good to my ears. Listening to this combination while typing now.

Sounds good, I've got a couple 12AU7-T tubes too. Thanks for the fast reply, the T90's probably gonna be my next headphone then :)

Mar 5, 2015 at 6:10 AM Post #2,849 of 4,487
Finally got my order confirmation from Thomann for the T90's. First order fell through. Should get them in the next week or so. I really want something with more sparkle then my X2's, they tend to sound a little withdrawn and muffled with some songs which annoys me.

Mar 6, 2015 at 6:18 AM Post #2,850 of 4,487
  Finally got my order confirmation from Thomann for the T90's. First order fell through. Should get them in the next week or so. I really want something with more sparkle then my X2's, they tend to sound a little withdrawn and muffled with some songs which annoys me.

Awesome!

Thomann was very quick to send both the order confirmation and confirmation of shipping when I ordered mine earlier this week so that's a little puzzling, but I suppose mistakes can happen.

I don't know much about the X2, but if you're looking for "sparkly highs" (I really don't like this description but must admit I can't think of a better word to describe it), I think the T90 will probably provide that :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back