Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Feb 14, 2015 at 7:24 AM Post #2,792 of 4,487
Has anyone here done any internal mods to alter the sound of the T90? I had a T5p and a T1 here today to mod and gave them both a listen for a bit, which made me want to try and get the T90 closer to the T1. All I've done so far is put some paxmate II around the center hole in the cup. I hear a difference, but it isn't getting closer to the T1, it actually just increased the mid-bass.

Anyone else modify their pair?

Feb 14, 2015 at 8:01 AM Post #2,793 of 4,487
Can anyone recommend tube for AUNE T1 to get more smooth, lusher, relaxed sound (less bright, edgy, but overall good one) with T90?
I'm using AUNE T1 MK2 alone, without any additional amp, I had Golden Lion tube, but it sounded a bit too bright for my tastes..
Also, whats your best advice for additional amp in my situation (for Aune T1) in 200-300$ range?

Feb 15, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #2,794 of 4,487
  Can anyone recommend tube for AUNE T1 to get more smooth, lusher, relaxed sound (less bright, edgy, but overall good one) with T90?
I'm using AUNE T1 MK2 alone, without any additional amp, I had Golden Lion tube, but it sounded a bit too bright for my tastes..
Also, whats your best advice for additional amp in my situation (for Aune T1) in 200-300$ range?

I sold my T1 a while ago and never used them with the T90, just DT990. I used the Amperex Orange Globe and they were pretty good from what I remember. Not sure how well they would pair with the T90. I would recommend asking your question in the T1 thread. 

Although I never tried it myself, I hear (well read) great things about the Bottlehead Crack. Not sure how easy it would be get one at your location though.

Feb 15, 2015 at 3:17 AM Post #2,795 of 4,487

I sold my T1 a while ago and never used them with the T90, just DT990. I used the Amperex Orange Globe and they were pretty good from what I remember. Not sure how well they would pair with the T90. I would recommend asking your question in the T1 thread. 

Although I never tried it myself, I hear (well read) great things about the Bottlehead Crack. Not sure how easy it would be get one at your location though.

Indeed - Bottlehead Crack => T90 are an amazing combination. The Crack gets all the amazing bass out and smoothens the highs to liquid gold poured in your ears (stole Tyll's phrase here).

It's really a very good combination. I already bought my Crack with Speedball upgrade from a fellow head-fier and couldn't be happier with it's performance on T90, T1 and even HD800 - of course the Crack gets tube rolling to another level as you have power and output tubes to play with. My go to setup currently is a Mullard power tube and RCI output.

I heard the T90 with many Desktop Amps (in no particular order): 
- T1 Mk2
- Bottlehead Crack
- Schiit Valhalla
- Sennheiser HDVA600
- Schiit Asgard
- Schiit Magni2Uber
- Audioengine D3

and honestly the crown goes to the Crack, hands down.

Cheers,
K

Feb 16, 2015 at 7:55 AM Post #2,796 of 4,487

Indeed - Bottlehead Crack => T90 are an amazing combination. The Crack gets all the amazing bass out and smoothens the highs to liquid gold poured in your ears (stole Tyll's phrase here).

It's really a very good combination. I already bought my Crack with Speedball upgrade from a fellow head-fier and couldn't be happier with it's performance on T90, T1 and even HD800 - of course the Crack gets tube rolling to another level as you have power and output tubes to play with. My go to setup currently is a Mullard power tube and RCI output.

I heard the T90 with many Desktop Amps (in no particular order): 
- T1 Mk2
- Bottlehead Crack
- Schiit Valhalla
- Sennheiser HDVA600
- Schiit Asgard
- Schiit Magni2Uber
- Audioengine D3

and honestly the crown goes to the Crack, hands down.

Cheers,
K

Try the T90 with the Woo audio WA6 or WA2, Lehmann audio BCL and the Centrance Dacmini. It pairs very well with these amplifiers however, it these amplifiers cost a lot.

Feb 16, 2015 at 8:02 AM Post #2,797 of 4,487
  Try the T90 with the Woo audio WA6 or WA2, Lehmann audio BCL and the Centrance Dacmini. It pairs very well with these amplifiers however, it these amplifiers cost a lot.

See what came today:

:)

Feb 19, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #2,799 of 4,487
Had these on the go a few months ,initially thought i had made a mistake buying them. I was wrong they are stunning on a good recording. I did find them slightly fatiguing at first but i have around 200 hours on them now  and over 400 hours on the hpa8. 

Listening to wav files at the moment as cd player has let go.  I think my other headphones may be redundant now for a while anyhow......

Feb 19, 2015 at 9:21 PM Post #2,800 of 4,487
i traded the t90 for the Westone um pro 50 , and i seriously regretted it
but again , i'll be trading the westone um pro 50 for the ie800 which i hope is better :frowning2:

Feb 20, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #2,801 of 4,487
Been using my T90s with a stock wa7 fireflies, not really a fan. Music sounds sort of dead. They just don't seem to pair well. On the other hand I love the wa7 with my 400i and HD650. Maybe I just like a more relaxed and dark sound?

Feb 20, 2015 at 4:48 PM Post #2,803 of 4,487
  i traded the t90 for the Westone um pro 50 , and i seriously regretted it
but again , i'll be trading the westone um pro 50 for the ie800 which i hope is better :frowning2:

If you like the T90, check out the W30 for a good IEM with a nice presentation, a bit of a bright/exciting sound like the T90, and nice, punchy, well-controlled bass :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back