Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Aug 12, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #2,285 of 4,487
Only Headphone I sold and Repurchased. 

They sound so good straight out of a good source like an Mdac with no need for another amp. 

Aug 12, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #2,286 of 4,487
This will be my next headphone (preferably the Jubilee), as soon as I find the source I want (probably the GO 1000 once they've fixed the volume issue; a shame, too, I'm ready to buy). It was between this and the HD700, and what I heard from the Senns at the recent LA meet left me wanting more bass, so T90s it is! I love the way the 700s look, but I know I like the Beyer sound, and Senns have always left me wanting something else.

Coming from the DT770 32 LE, I'm hoping for bigger soundstage, more linear bass, and overall more detail and realism.

Can't wait!

Aug 12, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #2,288 of 4,487

I'm getting my T90 Jubilee in two days.  UPS is so slow...  Will let you know which of the Woo Audio amps sounds best with it.

That is very interesting.  I love the Lehmann Linear so much I have two here.

Mike, Saw the unboxing and it was choice! I got mine a few days ago and have been running them out of the PanAm with the Voshkods (and RTCs). The sound is excellent when measured against other headphones on the PanAm, but I don't have another amp currently to get an idea of the T90 Jubilee's range. I'm wondering if you've anything to report on Woo pairings? (Of course, this question might be premature--even for first impressions--since you just posted the unboxing today.) Best, S

Aug 13, 2014 at 4:00 AM Post #2,289 of 4,487
  Coming from the DT770 32 LE, I'm hoping for bigger soundstage, more linear bass, and overall more detail and realism.

Its a while back I owned the DT770 LE (thinking about it its almost 2 years now... 88 years vs. 90 years :wink:, but as I remember it the T90 should offer exactly that in comparison.

Edit:
As my T1 is already on holiday (i.e. rest of my family took it with them last friday, I'll join them tomorrow) I listened to my T90 yesterday evening, both with my A2 and a new CEntrance Hifi-M8. The latter also worked fine, even on low gain (turning volume up to 2-3 o'clock). Compared to my current favorite fun headphone (Signature DJ) the T90 offers such a nice and still not aggressive treble, giving it an airy, spacious sound that is simply a joy to listen to.

To those owning a Jubilee: care to post your serial number? Wondering how many of the 1000 are left...

Aug 13, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #2,290 of 4,487

Its a while back I owned the DT770 LE (thinking about it its almost 2 years now... 88 years vs. 90 years :wink:, but as I remember it the T90 should offer exactly that in comparison.

Edit:
As my T1 is already on holiday (i.e. rest of my family took it with them last friday, I'll join them tomorrow) I listened to my T90 yesterday evening, both with my A2 and a new CEntrance Hifi-M8. The latter also worked fine, even on low gain (turning volume up to 2-3 o'clock). Compared to my current favorite fun headphone (Signature DJ) the T90 offers such a nice and still not aggressive treble, giving it an airy, spacious sound that is simply a joy to listen to.

To those owning a Jubilee: care to post your serial number? Wondering how many of the 1000 are left...

Aug 14, 2014 at 1:46 AM Post #2,292 of 4,487

I hope you'll post impressions on the Lehmann + T90... started looking into Lehmann amps and would use them with either T90 or T1. Do you have the Linear or the Linear SE? The Linear USB got a very positive review on audio360, which sparked my interest.

I have the Linear and Linear USB.  Impressive amps for sure.

Aug 14, 2014 at 1:47 AM Post #2,293 of 4,487
  Mike, Saw the unboxing and it was choice! I got mine a few days ago and have been running them out of the PanAm with the Voshkods (and RTCs). The sound is excellent when measured against other headphones on the PanAm, but I don't have another amp currently to get an idea of the T90 Jubilee's range. I'm wondering if you've anything to report on Woo pairings? (Of course, this question might be premature--even for first impressions--since you just posted the unboxing today.) Best, S

Thank you for watching my videos.  :)

Serial # 0222

Aug 14, 2014 at 6:15 AM Post #2,294 of 4,487
  Serial # 0222

Thats a nice one :)

My purchase of a Lehmann Linear just moved a bit more into autumn as I'll first get another DAC: Either Benchmark DAC2 of Mytek Stereo192 as a Beyerdynamic DAC, if they are considering to build one at all, may still take a while and won't have XLR out I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back