Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Jul 7, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #2,161 of 4,487
  High gain might help driving it but introduces a higher noise floor...

Nevertheless if might of course be simple: the T90 might be better at showing details in the treble region that the HD598 might simple swallow... so maybe the hiss was present all the time...

Maybe there's someone in our area that will help you out with an amp? If you were located near Vienna I'd be glad to help.

Unless it is powered by an ubercrappy amp, high gain noise is practically irrelevant.

I did notice that T90's treble does bring out hiss in some old recordings, depending on where the hiss lies in the audio band.  Either the hiss is high enough to be boosted or it becomes more evident due to the treble, depending on the recording.  Boosting sounds' harmonic information in the treble will make those particular sounds more evident; or in the case of cymbals, just distort them, lol.

Jul 7, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #2,163 of 4,487
Okay, so to disassemble the plastic end blocks on the T90 headband we have to loosen the six(?) locking tabs inside of each block.

Two can be reached here in those two bottom slots:

Two more across from them towards the top:

And the other two are on top as well but on the other side of the block facing the inner side of the headband.

I think I would need six of these:

Not necessarily the multi-tool itself but these long, thin blunt "blades".  I don't know what they're called.  This one happens to be just barely small enough with a wedge-like end to be able to get the job done, but I only have one and six in simultaneous use are needed.  Unless someone has a better idea.

Then the inner assembly in each end block can be pulled out through the top.

Beyerdynamic sure doesn't want people messing with those blocks easily.  At least DT770/880/990 are easier to service to an extent as they just use screws.  T1 and T5p seem to be using different end block assemblies from T70 and T90.  Possibly even more troublesome, or they are like T70 and T90 and are only missing the bottom tabs/slots.

Edit: there are only four locking tabs, all accessible from the top of each block.  The two slots on the bottom are irrelevant.

Jul 7, 2014 at 10:07 PM Post #2,165 of 4,487
So I use the T90 on my galaxy s5 and the hissing seems to go away. I can hear some white noise at high volume levels but it is just the background level. With that.. I have now come to the conclusion that the T90 are just sensitive enough that the white noise that is generally inaudible is no audible. Or maybe I should just get a better amp 
rolleyes.gif

Jul 8, 2014 at 12:47 AM Post #2,166 of 4,487
Why are you disassembling? I thought about doing it as well to swap forks for black ones.
smily_headphones1.gif

Because I can, you mad? 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Actually, someone asked a while ago, and it is useful for others to know.  Maybe not the current bunch that frequent this thread, but someone other people will.  I've been here more than long enough to notice.

I'm told that having to replace those end blocks requires sending the headphone all the way to Germany.  I'll see if the blocks from my DT770 are compatible.

Jul 8, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #2,167 of 4,487
  Okay, so to disassemble the plastic end blocks on the T90 headband we have to loosen the six(?) locking tabs inside of each block.

Two can be reached here in those two bottom slots:

Two more across from them towards the top:

And the other two are on top as well but on the other side of the block facing the inner side of the headband.

I think I would need six of these:

Not necessarily the multi-tool itself but these long, thin blunt "blades".  I don't know what they're called.  This one happens to be just barely small enough with a wedge-like end to be able to get the job done, but I only have one and six in simultaneous use are needed.  Unless someone has a better idea.

Then the inner assembly in each end block can be pulled out through the top.

Beyerdynamic sure doesn't want people messing with those blocks easily.  At least DT770/880/990 are easier to service to an extent as they just use screws.  T1 and T5p seem to be using different end block assemblies from T70 and T90.  Possibly even more troublesome, or they are like T70 and T90 and are only missing the bottom tabs/slots.

Those blocks on my T90 seems to be hanging on it's life, especially the one the left driver. If I take it off or just break it away, will the locking mechanism falls off?

Jul 8, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #2,169 of 4,487

Those blocks on my T90 seems to be hanging on it's life, especially the one the left driver. If I take it off or just break it away, will the locking mechanism falls off?

The locking mechanism is a U-shaped piece of plastic on the gimbal, designed to be removed and replaced easily.  It actually will take a pinch of effort to remove versus the other two pieces that make up the inner assembly of each block.

On another note.  The T90 blocks are interchangeable with DT770/880/990 blocks after all.

Jul 8, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #2,170 of 4,487

The locking mechanism is a U-shaped piece of plastic on the gimbal, designed to be removed and replaced easily.  It actually will take a pinch of effort to remove versus the other two pieces that make up the inner assembly of each block.

On another note.  The T90 blocks are interchangeable with DT770/880/990 blocks after all.

So...I can safely remove them and have the locking mechanism intact?

Jul 8, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #2,171 of 4,487
Totally.

Jul 8, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #2,173 of 4,487
  does T90 Jubilee sound the same as standard model?

Yes, according to a person I know there the only difference is the design, drivers are the same as the standard T90. Which also does look nice by the way.

Jul 10, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #2,174 of 4,487
  Awesome. The chipped/broken block has started to hurt my head whenever I put on my T90.

Gonna miss the serial number though...

How did you manage to mess it up?  It doesn't strike me as being all that fragile, though not as tough as the blocks on the pro version non-Tesla Beyers.

Jul 11, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #2,175 of 4,487
Can people redirect me to a tube amp that will make my T90's sing? I need something that won't break the bank unless it is really worth then I don't mind saving up. I would also like something that has a pass through so I can still use my PC speakers on the unit. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back