Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Jun 5, 2014 at 12:37 AM Post #2,101 of 4,487
I've been told ahead of time before, yet I still had to learn my lesson the hard way as well in the past.  =X
Fortunately, not with anything as expensive as T90.

Jun 5, 2014 at 1:39 AM Post #2,102 of 4,487
Well that's good! :)

I'm having serious issues with my build.  I'm gonna head over to the Bottlehead forums, but I thought I might ask here first quick.  Sometimes, my voltage checks are good and within the 10-15% range.  Other times, (it seems after the system warms up) the voltages are all ~240V DC, at least for terminals 1-5, and then I quickly shut it off for fear of breaking it. (and I'm only using 120AV mains).  Any ideas?  I'm driving myself insane.

Jun 5, 2014 at 4:55 AM Post #2,103 of 4,487
Well that's good! :)

I'm having serious issues with my build.  I'm gonna head over to the Bottlehead forums, but I thought I might ask here first quick.  Sometimes, my voltage checks are good and within the 10-15% range.  Other times, (it seems after the system warms up) the voltages are all ~240V DC, at least for terminals 1-5, and then I quickly shut it off for fear of breaking it. (and I'm only using 120AV mains).  Any ideas?  I'm driving myself insane.

I guess you better change the t90 warranty soon !

Jun 5, 2014 at 8:08 AM Post #2,104 of 4,487
OMG, sorry to hear this!!

Never ever use expensive cans on DIY or kits!!

If you don't undertand electricity or the difference between DC and AC etc...you should find someone
that does to help you check out the circuit the first time.

One of the basic tests first time is to check for shorts from the B+ to gnd etc..

Good Luck,

Alex

Jun 5, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #2,105 of 4,487
Thanks for the replies!  Unfortunately, my warranty is expired :p Oh well, they seem to be in working order now, and I definitely won't be testing with those headphones anymore.

adydula, the sad part is that I've had plenty of experience building my own DIY circuits before, just nothing that has dumbfounded me like the Crack's "random voltages".  I know I made a dumb mistake somewhere, I just need to find it. :)  It probably has something to do with the fact that I worked on it for ~10 hours straight, lol.

Jun 5, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #2,107 of 4,487
currently running DX90 as DAC --> Burson HA-160 --> plussound recabled T90.

So far loving the sound. You get some pretty damn good extensions down low!

I find myself pretty lucky to have picked up the HA160 used for a very good price. Despite them being and older model, theyre no slouch by any means!

Jun 6, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #2,108 of 4,487
My T90 came in today and one word comes to mind more than any other: detail! The clarity on songs I'm very familiar with is far ahead of anything I've ever heard.

Been running through my LD1+ on high gain. May switch to the O2/ODAC soon. Anyone else out there using this combo?

Jun 6, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #2,109 of 4,487
I using the Little Dot MK II 2.0 with my T90 and when I had my NFB15.32 as a source after I changed from the stock driver tubes on the MKII I liked the combo.

Jun 6, 2014 at 5:37 AM Post #2,110 of 4,487
  currently running DX90 as DAC --> Burson HA-160 --> plussound recabled T90.

So far loving the sound. You get some pretty damn good extensions down low!

I find myself pretty lucky to have picked up the HA160 used for a very good price. Despite them being and older model, theyre no slouch by any means!

hey uhmmm by recabling the T90 , did you make independent detachable L-R Cables ? or did you make them split L-R ?

because to know that the right driver has longer cable than the left driver irks me. knowing that one of them is exposed to slightly more resistance. i dont know , im not a wire expert , but i have given thought of recabling my T90 with MoonAudio SilverDragon Cable.

But at that price, i could have just sold my T90 & top up the difference to get an Audeze LCD2. hahaha !
Is re-cabling the T90 worth ? how much has changed ? hope to hear some views form you who have done it . ^^

Jun 14, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #2,114 of 4,487
Sound signature aside, i have read many people mention the amazing price/performance ratio of Q701. I'm starting to realise this now. 
The fact that you can get Q701 for 200$ on amazon seems ridiculous.

T90 is a total win for me. Clarity, ability to handle every genre(!), sparkliness, soundstage, bass, comfort... just stunning headphone in every way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back