Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Jan 21, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #1,502 of 4,487
  These have certainly caught my attention in the course of my searching for my next set. How do they pair with the Schiit Vali?

Well personally, I don't like the microphonics of the Vali, but in regards to sound quality, I found it depends a lot on the DAC.
The Schiit didn't sound amazing with the T90, but that's only because I believe the soundstage of the Vali is more closed-in.

Jan 22, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #1,503 of 4,487
I may be a little late to the game but I really liked the T90s.  I sold them so I could purchase LCD-2s but I though the 90s really had a neutral sound with deep bass.  I agree with Steve Guttenberg's review of them on CNET.

Jan 23, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #1,505 of 4,487
  I may be a little late to the game but I really liked the T90s.  I sold them so I could purchase LCD-2s but I though the 90s really had a neutral sound with deep bass.  I agree with Steve Guttenberg's review of them on CNET.

Ahh the one other headphone that is always on the back of my mind to buy. 

Jan 24, 2014 at 12:06 AM Post #1,506 of 4,487
I heard the HD 800 for the first time today and while I think it beats the T90 on imaging, dimensionality, and stage, I think the T90 is competitive with the HD 800 in terms of clarity, detail, and treble. 

For me personally, the treble of the T90 is more addicting and immediately pleasing than the HD 800. Don't get me wrong, I thought the HD 800 had fantastically detailed and engaging treble, but there's something magical about that T90 sparkle that I have yet to hear in any other headphone.

Jan 24, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #1,507 of 4,487
  Ahh the one other headphone that is always on the back of my mind to buy. 

Hi,

I have both right now: the LCD2 (REV 2) and the T90. I am really struggling to decide between the two. I am using both with my Colorfly C4. Both are loud enough. And the LCD2 has an extremely charming way to present the treble and the mids. What is strange is that the LCD2 known for its excellent bass, shows very few (in terms of quantity) with the Colorlfy C4. The T90 has more bass! I will now modify my C4 (different opreration amplifier and condensators). And then I will do a detailed comparison between the two and will sell the one who loose the fight.

Jan 24, 2014 at 4:32 AM Post #1,509 of 4,487
    i'd really like for someone here to do a thorough comparison with the HD700. I've read what's in both this thread and the HD700 appreciation thread about that.

What do you want to know?
I personally preferred the T90 as an all-rounder. The HD700 sounds lovely with certain genres, but aren't the greatest for everything.

Jan 24, 2014 at 5:05 AM Post #1,511 of 4,487
That was why I bought the T90s in the first place - I loved my HD650s but wanted something with a different sound signature to compliment them.

After a few weeks though, I love the T90s and the HD650s sound muffled and low resolution in comparison. The T90s have ruined the HD650s for me. So yes the T90s have a very different sound and do compliment the HD650s in that regard but IMO they are also a vastly superior headphone. Of course as mentioned throughout this thread - depending on your ears, you will probable love or hate the sound.

Jan 24, 2014 at 7:48 AM Post #1,512 of 4,487
I currently own the hd650 and have no plan on selling them but i wan't a second headphone that has a different presentation. 

Are they worth getting?

I will probably amp them with my BHC.
I would suggest giving the lower tier, dt990 s a try first. They're pretty close in performance imo and you can find a 990 pro for around 150. Not going to wreck your wallet if you don't like it.

Jan 24, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #1,513 of 4,487
  What do you want to know?
I personally preferred the T90 as an all-rounder. The HD700 sounds lovely with certain genres, but aren't the greatest for everything.

which one sounds more like your listening to speakers instead of HPs on your head? if they're close,to what degree?

related question,describe the sound/head stage for both. size and shape. also,imaging. how precise,height and depth.

do instruments seem large or small.

timbre. which sounds closer to the actual instruments. which is more natural?

their sound signature.

both are said to be kind of neutral but what stands out?

which has more forward vocals? compare the mids.

treble qualities and quantity. any strong peaks. one peak or several. which has more sibilance. which one stands out more compared to mids and bass..

bass qualities and quantity. quantity,extension,tighter,loser,impact,ect.. which stands out more from mids and treble.

did you try to extract the most of both by trying better equipment(amps and so forth).

do you have any hearing problems or damage?

what is your preferred sound signature.

clarity,resolution and details i'm sure the T90 is superior,is this correct? actually,i'm not so sure on which gives better details. do you find the higher clarity and resolution on the T90 fatiguing? which one can you listen to longer before fatigue sets in?

what genres would you assign for both? music(what type),movies(which is like sitting in a theatre vs studio),ect.. which handles very layered and complex rock that may include element of classical and jazz and changes in tempo and rhythm better?

thanks a lot. I think that's enough questions for a start. HA!

Jan 24, 2014 at 1:14 PM Post #1,515 of 4,487
First, thanks to all the contributors to this thread.  I am just jumping into the headphone game (but have been a long time audio enthusiast with a pretty good speaker setup).  After reading every post I could find I decided to purchase 3 headphones at the same time, then listen to all of them over a month or so, keep the one I like and then sell the other two.  

Since I get my audiophile sound fix (i.e. neutral) from my speaker setup, I think I may be more interested in a slightly fun sound signature from my headphones to mix it up.  

Therefore, I bought the HD600, HE-400 and the T90.  The HD600 and HE-400 have now been through the burn-in process and the T-90's will have about 100 hours burn-in on them after today, then the 3-way shoot out begins. 

Just based upon early listening sessions, I am currently leaning toward keeping the T90 or HE-400, but we shall see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back