Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Jan 15, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #1,441 of 4,487
If you have acces to a parametric equalizer try these settings (3 peak bands)
q1=4;
q2=4;
q3=3;
w1=4800hz;
w2=6800hz;
w3=9500hz;
k1=3dB;
k2=-2.5dB;
k3=-3.5dB;

I "handcrafted" them for my T90s a while ago. These tame the sibilances without losing "air" and retrieve a little bit of high-mids, which seem to be a little bit subdued. With these I find the T90s to be comparable to the T1s in some aspects such as impact.

They work very well with my set-up - thank you!

Jan 15, 2014 at 4:04 PM Post #1,442 of 4,487
What's a good DAC pairing with the T90. I've just been using my X3 > Vali > T90 and it sounds okay. After hooking it up last night to my Dell/Foobar2000 > Dragonfly > T90, I was surprised that it actually sounded better. So, I'm looking to get a better DAC to pair with my Vali and T90. The Bifrost is looking like a good choice, but a bit pricey at the moment.

Jan 15, 2014 at 4:26 PM Post #1,443 of 4,487
  sorry to ask a question after someone asked another question and no answer yet but...

are there any angled pads that would fit? (something that would simulate the angled drivers on the T1)

i'm not sure it's necessary though.

Jan 15, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #1,444 of 4,487
I just demoed a pair of T90s with a FiiO E9 (not sure of the DAC) and I really like the sound signature. I currently own a Fidelio X1 and found the T90 superior in terms of clarity and separation (not by that much though). These are the most expensive headphones I've ever listened to, could anyone tell me how they compare sonically to the T1 and HD800?

Jan 15, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #1,446 of 4,487
What's a good DAC pairing with the T90. I've just been using my X3 > Vali > T90 and it sounds okay. After hooking it up last night to my Dell/Foobar2000 > Dragonfly > T90, I was surprised that it actually sounded better. So, I'm looking to get a better DAC to pair with my Vali and T90. The Bifrost is looking like a good choice, but a bit pricey at the moment.
I use an aune t1 myself. I've had others but not when paired with the t90s. I think you can't go wrong with an odac tho.

sorry to ask a question after someone asked another question and no answer yet but...

are there any angled pads that would fit? (something that would simulate the angled drivers on the T1)

i'm not sure it's necessary though.
I think you'll have to make your own.

Jan 15, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #1,447 of 4,487
At the recent Seattle meet I heard my T90 on a Vahalla (via uber Bifrost) and it was really nice. Better than my Asgard 2 - less edge, smooth but still good detail, very open and effortless soundstage. These seem to need the higher output impedance.

In contrast the Vahalla made tha bass of my SM64 flabby, where it is nice and tight through the Asgard 2.

It will be interesting to get your impressions (but I think you'll be pretty happy).

Your T90 is transparent and beautifully balanced top to bottom.

Has me thinking of selling my DT880s, but not in an urgent way. I'll clean out the hi-fi closet again in the next month or so for some funding, then see if I can find a deal.

Jan 15, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #1,449 of 4,487
I use an aune t1 myself. I've had others but not when paired with the t90s. I think you can't go wrong with an odac tho.

Thanks, I do need 192/24 capability on it. :xf_eek:

Jan 15, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #1,451 of 4,487
What do. you think ? Should i choose the he 500 or the t 90s ? Mostly iam listen to Rap Pop sometimes rnb

I'm assuming you want a quality bass centric headphone. Of those two the HE-500 has more impactful bass when properly driven. The HD650 may be something to check out as it has a bassier signature. Also look at TH600 which is in the same price range as HE-500. The LCD-2 is also known for its bass but is more expensive. The T90, while not lacking in bass, definitely is a brighter signatured headphone.

Jan 15, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #1,452 of 4,487
I got my T90 headphones today. I am sorry but I am returning them. I can't stand the treble peak it is so exaggerated that they sound like I have two tweeters in my ears harsh harsh harsh. Bayerdynamic should be embarrassed to release such a bad product. I don't understand because my DT990 blow these headphones out of the water in every aspect. These headphones are so uninviting and unmusical that they should fire the engineers who designed them.  No bass and I mean no bass at all.If you want a musical headphone go elsewhere. I am actually angry that I bought this garbage.  Then on top of all of this they name it T90 so everyone thinks it is a successor of the DT990 but they are not even close. You can pickup a DT990 really cheap and they sound 100 percent better. This headphone is a marketing disaster. I am sorry but no amount of break in will fix this they actually sound like Grados which I consider to be the worst headphones ever made. These should be priced around $200 and the DT-990 should be the successor at $600. 

I actually made a mistake because my wife had just brought the headphones in from 20 degrees outside. I thought she had them in the house since the morning. They where cold so they had no bass. Now they make nice full bass. Ignore my comments above. They actually have a very nice powerful bass. It was like if you ever turned on your car stereo on in zero degrees it sounds horrible. That is the way it sounded lol because the drivers where still frozen. I will never rush to review something again. 

Jan 15, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #1,453 of 4,487
I got my T90 headphones today. I am sorry but I am returning them. I can't stand the treble peak it is so exaggerated that they sound like I have two tweeters in my ears harsh harsh harsh. Bayerdynamic should be embarrassed to release such a bad product. I don't understand because my DT990 blow these headphones out of the water in every aspect. These headphones are so uninviting and unmusical that they should fire the engineers who designed them.  No bass and I mean no bass at all.If you want a musical headphone go elsewhere. I am actually angry that I bought this garbage.  Then on top of all of this they name it T90 so everyone thinks it is a successor of the DT990 but they are not even close. You can pickup a DT990 really cheap and they sound 100 percent better. This headphone is a marketing disaster. I am sorry but no amount of break in will fix this they actually sound like Grados which I consider to be the worst headphones ever made. 

Two words: burn in

Jan 15, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #1,454 of 4,487
Two words: burn in

Also no mention of chain. This has become the single most annoying thing for me when I hear impressions. To me, words have zero credibility without mentioning the chain, outside some portable headphones that require no amping.

Jan 15, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #1,455 of 4,487
  I got my T90 headphones today. I am sorry but I am returning them. I can't stand the treble peak it is so exaggerated that they sound like I have two tweeters in my ears harsh harsh harsh. Bayerdynamic should be embarrassed to release such a bad product. I don't understand because my DT990 blow these headphones out of the water in every aspect. These headphones are so uninviting and unmusical that they should fire the engineers who designed them.  No bass and I mean no bass at all.If you want a musical headphone go elsewhere. I am actually angry that I bought this garbage.  Then on top of all of this they name it T90 so everyone thinks it is a successor of the DT990 but they are not even close. You can pickup a DT990 really cheap and they sound 100 percent better. This headphone is a marketing disaster. I am sorry but no amount of break in will fix this they actually sound like Grados which I consider to be the worst headphones ever made. These should be priced around $200 and the DT-990 should be the successor at $600. 

So you came to this thread to complain about the T90?
I personally feel there's more bass than adequate. Not sure what you're hearing, but it looks like either you have lead ears or you're just a troll.
The DT990 sounding 100 percent better? Ok. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back