Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Dec 18, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #1,306 of 4,487
  Dammit why must Beyer make me choose between the improved depth of the T1's angled drivers and the amazing detail of the T90's that everyone is raging about!!! Grrrrrr. I want them both. In a single headphone! :)

OH LAWD THE DETAIL!

I love it. I swear I loooooove it. 

Casting my T90 vote. Save yourself money as well.

Dec 18, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #1,307 of 4,487
The Tesla driver is something to behold, T90 could have been made even better than what it is IMO, but then what happens to the T1? so they are just destroying most offering in the mid-high end range instead. 

Dec 19, 2013 at 3:16 AM Post #1,308 of 4,487
I had the hd 800s and the T90's at the same time. I thought the 800s had more detail, but were less exciting, and dull. Of The two I liked the T90 better..I sold the 800s and ordered the T1s and should have them today. I'm hoping the T1s have the best of both, detailed highs of the T90's and nice textured bass like the 800s

Dec 19, 2013 at 6:01 AM Post #1,309 of 4,487
I had the hd 800s and the T90's at the same time. I thought the 800s had more detail, but were less exciting, and dull. Of The two I liked the T90 better..I sold the 800s and ordered the T1s and should have them today. I'm hoping the T1s have the best of both, detailed highs of the T90's and nice textured bass like the 800s

You're not the first person I've heard say something like this. Please update here with how close you think the T1 and T90 are. I don't consider myself as 'missing out' with a T90, but if money presents itself I might eventually go T1 as well.

Dec 19, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #1,311 of 4,487
  Unfortunately, I've never had the chance to hear any version of the DT880. 

As for soundstage between T1 and T90, it wasn't something that left a deep impression on me when I switched. I'd say they are probably relatively close, at least as far as depth/width go (could have been my music too, or just something that I'm not particularly picky about). Placement and positioning is better with T1 though.

A lot of people, as I'm sure you've read, say that the T90 is 95% of the T1 or something for half the price. They're definitely similar, but 95% is a bit generous in my opinion. At half the price though, I think the T90 are great. 

Hmm I'm not sure if I want to get the T90 first or jump right into a T1... well it's going to be years for me anyways so I'd better forget about the T90 for the time being >.> just got into a car accident so my Insurance is going to be eating away at any extra headphone funds I might have had 

Dec 20, 2013 at 7:35 AM Post #1,312 of 4,487
Well i received my T1s yesterday, and I am amazed at the euphoria I am experiencing with these cans. Sounds seem to float in space. And this is right out of the box. Bass I is deep and I'm sure will get much better as they loosen up. I couldn't take them off last night, and got up early to put them back on. they are exactly what I have been looking for sweet highs and mids with the base and depth of the Sennheisers

Dec 20, 2013 at 8:01 AM Post #1,313 of 4,487
Well i received my T90s yesterday, and I am amazed at the euphoria I am experiencing with these cans. Sounds seem to float in space. And this is right out of the box. Bass I is deep and I'm sure will get much better as they loosen up. I couldn't take them off last night, and got up early to put them back on. they are exactly what I have been looking for sweet highs and mids with the base and depth of the Sennheisers

yay :D and with that comment my Wallet holds a gun to my head again >.> guys STOP making me hurt my wallet! He's starting to defend him self <.< 

Dec 20, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #1,314 of 4,487
Yep, they really are quite amazing for the price. Listening now to my custom AK DAC, Crack/Speedball and T90's. My fully balanced chain with LCD2r2/HE-5's isn't getting any play these days. The right chain with T90's is incredibly dynamic and spacious. Very very addictive.

My second T90 chain is identical except the Crack is replaced with a Torpedo. There's another fantastic combination.
Quote:
Well i received my T90s yesterday, and I am amazed at the euphoria I am experiencing with these cans. Sounds seem to float in space. And this is right out of the box. Bass I is deep and I'm sure will get much better as they loosen up. I couldn't take them off last night, and got up early to put them back on. they are exactly what I have been looking for sweet highs and mids with the base and depth of the Sennheisers

Dec 20, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #1,316 of 4,487
sorry I meant T1s...i already own T90s..While yes they do sound great, the Ts are in another league..

very much agreed. Might also be worth editing your previous post to reduce confusion. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 20, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #1,319 of 4,487
Well i received my T1s yesterday, and I am amazed at the euphoria I am experiencing with these cans. Sounds seem to float in space. And this is right out of the box. Bass I is deep and I'm sure will get much better as they loosen up. I couldn't take them off last night, and got up early to put them back on. they are exactly what I have been looking for sweet highs and mids with the base and depth of the Sennheisers

Hmmm.  I've had my T1s for a week or so...and then yesterday I bought the HD800 during the Amazon $889 deal (could not stop my finger from clicking the add to cart button).

I feel the same way about my T1.   I simply can't imagine another headphone being as well balanced and musical as the Beyerdynamic.  The Stax SR009 is the only other headphone I've heard that has wowed me more than the T1.

I'm guessing I'm going to send back those HD800s sooner or later.  Any less bass than the T1s would be too little...any more and the perfect balance would be disrupted.  For the past week I've been coming home after work to listen to music until I have to go to bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back