Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Nov 14, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #2,521 of 4,487

It's just two different ways of listening to music. I think both are better headphones, from an enjoyability standpoint, than the bass-light HD800s and old-school Stax and AKG stuff, and, if I'm honest, I prefer them both to the Audeze and Hifiman headphones I've heard, too, neither of which really impress me; sure the Audezes have bottomless bass, and are the closest headphones to sounding like speakers, but you need to spend thousands on source components to make them sound right, and compared to either the 650 or T90, they're just boring-sounding to me. All of the hifiman products I've heard just sound plain wrong, even with high-grade source components, crazy tube amps, etc; I'll take the T90 or HD650 over an HE-5 any day.

Actually, now that I think about it, maybe it's just me, but all of the planar-magnetic phones I've heard have a slightly veiled sound accompanied by an awkward peak somewhere in the upper mids/lower treble that just sounds wrong to my ears.

A subscription to Tidal and a Fiio E18 make my LCD-2F shine.

Nov 14, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #2,522 of 4,487
Yeah, I know the LCD-2 can sound good with lesser sources; I've seen people who use them with the Magni/Modi stack, and Mike Mercer raves about using them with the HRT Microstreamer, but to my ears, the 650 and T90 come closer to their full potential from modest sources than the way-high-end stuff.

Quote:
  A subscription to Tidal and a Fiio E18 make my LCD-2F shine.

Nov 16, 2014 at 12:56 AM Post #2,525 of 4,487
I haven't. I'd love to. I had a WA6 for awhile, but that was before I had a T90. Is it a nice pairing?

Not sure I have not yet tried with them both. I am currently using Lehmann audio BCL with my T90, sound quality is very good with such pairing. If someones said that Matrix M stage or lovely cube are the same, they are definitely lying. BCL is such a good amplifier.

Nov 16, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #2,526 of 4,487
I've heard really good things about the BCL. If it were a good match for orthos, I'd consider getting one. But I'm "reasonably" confident that I want to go all and only ortho, which, sadly, limits my amp options.

Nov 17, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #2,528 of 4,487
May I know how the T90 sound with the WA6SE? Do you recommend them? How does it compared to other amplifiers such as Lehmann audio BCL?
Wow, way to zombie a almost 2 yr old post. You might want to try PMing the OP since they've been long gone at this point. In fact. That was their last post in this thread. 12/20/12

Nov 17, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #2,529 of 4,487
I found a good deal for some HD650's in like new condition on ebay for $300. I couldn't resist. They should be here around Thursday. Unfortunately I just had to send back my DACmini to CEntrance for an RMA. 

Nov 25, 2014 at 5:26 AM Post #2,531 of 4,487
Hi there,

I'm thinking about getting some T90's as they seem to be getting some good reviews out there (and going by these forums). I'll be using my Oppo HA-1 so driving these headphones won't be a problem and from a what I've been reading to get the best from the T90's they deserve a decent dac/amp. :wink:

Never had a set of semi-opened headphones before so will be a new experience for me but they sound like they suit my music tastes very well.

Should be a good match with my Oppo HA-1. What do you reckon?

:)

Nov 25, 2014 at 8:29 AM Post #2,532 of 4,487
  Hi there,

I'm thinking about getting some T90's as they seem to be getting some good reviews out there (and going by these forums). I'll be using my Oppo HA-1 so driving these headphones won't be a problem and from a what I've been reading to get the best from the T90's they deserve a decent dac/amp. :wink:

Never had a set of semi-opened headphones before so will be a new experience for me but they sound like they suit my music tastes very well.

Should be a good match with my Oppo HA-1. What do you reckon?

The Oppo HA-1 has a lot of power but lacks details and clarity. The T90 is a very efficient headphone thus the Oppo HA-1 does not pair well with the T90 headphones.

Nov 25, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #2,534 of 4,487

The Oppo HA-1 has a lot of power but lacks details and clarity. The T90 is a very efficient headphone thus the Oppo HA-1 does not pair well with the T90 headphones.

The amp on the Oppo HA-1 is very, very good. I can hear loads of detail and clarity with my music. Everything sounds amazing through it!

Guess you have not heard one in person.

It's an excellent piece of kit, that I do know.

I'm sure the T90's will work perfect. I'm gonna get a set soon so I'll find out!

Nov 26, 2014 at 2:02 AM Post #2,535 of 4,487
The HA-1 is very clean and detailed as long as you're not listening to a substandard headphone like my old worn-out K340's. In that situation, the problem would not be with the HA-1.
 Sadly, my K340's are now only a shadow of their former selves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back