Beyerdynamic T90 Discussion and Support Thread
Oct 28, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #2,461 of 4,487

I'm still working that one out!

Ultimately, I only want to keep one pair, so I've been comparing them quite a lot.

I find the T90 very comfortable, although they are noticeably heavier than the HD600. Comfort with the HD600 can be tricky though - fresh out of the box they clamp very tightly ('the Sennheiser death grip' it used to be called) but the headband can be bent to fit your head better, so mine are now perfect for me. The T90 fit very well out of the box. The headband and ear pads are very nice. I like them both, but I'd say the HD600 wins on comfort just by being lighter.

Sound, I'm still considering ...  The HD600 have a warmer sound (more mid-bass and a more forward midrange) and an amazingly natural tonality. The T90 have more sub-bass, more neutral mids and a much larger soundstage. The real different is in the highs, though, the T90's highs are incredible! There's astonishing amounts of detail. Switching back to the HD600 initially makes them sound dull and congested ... HD600 are a more relaxing listen though ... Like I say, I'm still trying to work out which I prefer!!

Interesting! From what I've heard, the T90's edge them out but I suppose at the end of the day, It's personal preference  :D

Oct 28, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #2,462 of 4,487

Interesting! From what I've heard, the T90's edge them out but I suppose at the end of the day, It's personal preference  :D

Absolutely!

Objectively speaking, I think the T90 are the better headphones: more detail, clarity, resolution, larger soundstage, bass extends lower.

The HD600 are still fantastic headphones, though, and the sonic presentation is quite different. Possibly more to my taste, but that might just be because I haven't gotten used to the T90s yet.

Oct 28, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #2,463 of 4,487

Absolutely!

Objectively speaking, I think the T90 are the better headphones: more detail, clarity, resolution, larger soundstage, bass extends lower.

The HD600 are still fantastic headphones, though, and the sonic presentation is quite different. Possibly more to my taste, but that might just be because I haven't gotten used to the T90s yet.

Exactly! Have read quite a few posts of the T90's as they'll probably be a future purchase and many say that the longer they listen to them, the more they enjoy them. Maybe 'Burning them in' is the trick

Oct 28, 2014 at 12:45 PM Post #2,467 of 4,487
  Have these since june, and i'm still in "honeymoon" stage with it. Is this normal? Should i be concerned?

As in, You Really like them? 
wink_face.gif

Oct 28, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #2,470 of 4,487
  Have you had a chance to listen to it with: Progressive House, Pop, R&B, Trance, Dance?

Not those genres specifically, but I have listened to a lot of electronic music / techno (mostly 90s UK stuff like Underworld, Orbital, Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada) and I really like how it sounds on them.

Fast electronic music is one area where the T90 is way better than the HD600, for me at least.

Oct 28, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #2,471 of 4,487
Yeah EDM and newer rock music definitely sounds better on the T90s. Older rock (pre-90s) can go either way; I personally like the more aggressive, treble-tilted sound for Led Zep, Rush, David Bowie, Chili Peppers, Rage Against the Machine, etc, but I prefer the smoother sound with Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Nirvana, The Doors, Steppenwolf, and a few others. 

Quote:

Not those genres specifically, but I have listened to a lot of electronic music / techno (mostly 90s UK stuff like Underworld, Orbital, Aphex Twin, Boards of Canada) and I really like how it sounds on them.

Fast electronic music is one area where the T90 is way better than the HD600, for me at least.

Oct 28, 2014 at 4:09 PM Post #2,472 of 4,487
Yeah EDM and newer rock music definitely sounds better on the T90s. Older rock (pre-90s) can go either way; I personally like the more aggressive, treble-tilted sound for Led Zep, Rush, David Bowie, Chili Peppers, Rage Against the Machine, etc, but I prefer the smoother sound with Pink Floyd, The Beatles, Nirvana, The Doors, Steppenwolf, and a few others.
I loved the Beatles on the T90s... but after I need a crossfeed or merge to a mono feed. The stereo separation is bad on Beatles albums. Bowie can go back and forth for me. Depends on the mood. But Metallica makes me cringe at how bad it sounds on the T90s.

Oct 28, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #2,475 of 4,487
Oh lol. Yeah Metallica just never really felt like it had soul to me. They are really talented musicians, no doubt, but they don't have that certain je ne se quois; I'd rather see Iron Maiden or Motley Crue live if I had the choice. Plus all that bullSchiit with Napster really left a bad taste in my mouth. I'll still rock out to Sand Man and Master of Puppets, but...meh.

And yes, Moving Pictures FTW. But don't forget Farewell to Kings.

Quote:
It's not cause I like to listen to them, it's cause someone asked me how did they sound on the T90s. lol
Moving Pictures FTW!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back