Beyerdynamic T70
May 16, 2012 at 12:39 PM Post #16 of 26
I don't know, but using pleather did change the sound signature, guess your real leather has pore that would not trap the sound wave. Where did you get yours' real leather pads?

And - have you compare the T1 with T70 side by side?
smily_headphones1.gif

May 17, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #17 of 26
I don't know, but using pleather did change the sound signature, guess your real leather has pore that would not trap the sound wave. Where did you get yours' real leather pads?

And - have you compare the T1 with T70 side by side? :)

The article in german mentioned the T1 and the T70 ... Maybe it's like driving a Mercedes S Class and an E class with the same diesel engine. If you look at the german Beyerdynamic site under parts. You can see the Telsa spools are the same ones for all the T-series.

Technologie is one, Marketing is another ... Each time Stax brings out a new earphones the price doubles .. I can't imagine the audiophile quality doubles also , but you hear what you wan't to hear don't you ?

Jul 22, 2012 at 8:10 AM Post #18 of 26
bump,  i just got this headphone from amazon, been trying to listen to it, this is my first beyerdynamic headphone, but i could not listen to it more than five minutes, the freaking smell of this headphone is driving me crazy, i even fell like to vomit. do all new beyerdynamic headphone come with this smell?  how do i eliminate it? anyone please help!

Jul 22, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #19 of 26
Hi,

My T70 does not have any smell to it at all. Maybe a slight plastic smell but nothing rancid or gross.

You could put them in a show box, spray some Fabreze on a cloth and place it int he box with them, close the box up overnight and see if the smell is gone.

Quote:
bump,  i just got this headphone from amazon, been trying to listen to it, this is my first beyerdynamic headphone, but i could not listen to it more than five minutes, the freaking smell of this headphone is driving me crazy, i even fell like to vomit. do all new beyerdynamic headphone come with this smell?  how do i eliminate it? anyone please help!

Jul 22, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #20 of 26
get an ozonator...or find a charcoal deodoriser in the store.
ph34r.gif

i couldnt get much bass quantity coming out of the t5p too...neither the T1,
once i heard the d7000, these cans just dun have ""ënough""..but clarity is superb on the tesla.
tongue.gif

Jul 22, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #21 of 26
Yo,

N..No... Not enough bass!? The T1 has quite a lot of bass. The T5p has even more deep bass. The AH-D7000 has more mid ans sub-bass, but not a ton more. 

Well to each his own..

Quote:
get an ozonator...or find a charcoal deodoriser in the store.
ph34r.gif

i couldnt get much bass quantity coming out of the t5p too...neither the T1,
once i heard the d7000, these cans just dun have ""ënough""..but clarity is superb on the tesla.
tongue.gif

Jul 31, 2012 at 4:53 AM Post #22 of 26
I can second changing the pads to give a better seal making a big difference to the feel of the bass on these cans.  Got my gel pads today and with a better seal the bass feels a lot more forceful on tracks with a strong beat going.  Makes them sound a lot better, imo.

Oct 28, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #24 of 26
There's really nothing wrong with the bass of the T70, there's plenty of it and it does have amazing sub-bass, it's just not emphasised. There's also nothing wrong with the earpads, they have a good seal and I do not need to press the earcups to hear this sub-bass. These headphones are misunderstood. IMO applying EQ to these headphones is criminal. The way I see it, they are so accurate, neutral and colour-free that they are more like a scientific tool for analyzing audio.
I've been so impressed by them that I might buy a second pair, so that in the future when the one's I currently use start to wear out, I have another new one that will replace them.
But first i'm going to buy the T1. That is all one really needs in this hobby isn't it?!.. 2 top class Beyerdynamics (one open-back and one closed-back - best of all worlds!)

Oct 28, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #25 of 26
There's really nothing wrong with the bass of the T70, there's plenty of it and it does have amazing sub-bass, it's just not emphasised. There's also nothing wrong with the earpads, they have a good seal and I do not need to press the earcups to hear this sub-bass. These headphones are misunderstood. IMO applying EQ to these headphones is criminal. The way I see it, they are so accurate, neutral and colour-free that they are more like a scientific tool for analyzing audio.
I've been so impressed by them that I might buy a second pair, so that in the future when the one's I currently use start to wear out, I have another new one that will replace them.
But first i'm going to buy the T1. That is all one really needs in this hobby isn't it?!.. 2 top class Beyerdynamics (one open-back and one closed-back - best of all worlds!)
It'll depend on your purpose of having a headphone

I love the crap outta songs like "come fly with me" from frank sinatra, but if a headphone is gonna ruin it then theres no point

Feb 20, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #26 of 26

I'm on the exact same track. I have the T1 (which still leave me astonished at their pristine clarity every time I use them) and now am looking for a pair for T70's to compliment the T1's for the "noisier" room. These 2 define the perfect set of headphones. I've sold everything else I had.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back