beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions.
Jul 2, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #376 of 1,963
The Leckerton looks nice, but I'll need an amp with some way of boosting the bass. I've heard these are bass light and I want the option of changing that, even if I don't end up using it much.

In this review (http://www.head-fi.org/products/beyerdynamic-t5p/reviews/6809) a t5p owner says that the Fiio E17 pairs well with the T5p, and it has tone controls.

Any thoughts about E17 vs Arrow with this headphone?

I have not tried the Arrow vs the E17 for my T5p (I wrote that review).
My first choice would have been the arrow to be honest but there's a pretty big price gap (but considering these are $1000 headphones, I could have put that little extra in).

Jul 10, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #379 of 1,963
Hi,

What do you mean exactly? Sponges?

Quote:
I only have some doubts about the quality of the materials of the sponges that seem to have the right lucidity, as if they were old.
Has anyone had the same feeling?

Sal

Jul 12, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #380 of 1,963
I wonder what is going on at Beyerdynamic. I have been waiting for my T5p since i ordered them back in May. Now they say I should not expect them for another two weeks. They are either experiencing huge success of problems of some kind causing the production to stop?

Jul 12, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #381 of 1,963
Hi,

That's no good man. Have you called them and complained or inquired about the delay? I know beyerdynamic USA has full stock so I am not sure what's going on.

You could always cancel the order and order from Amazon. They have stock as well.

Quote:
I wonder what is going on at Beyerdynamic. I have been waiting for my T5p since i ordered them back in May. Now they say I should not expect them for another two weeks. They are either experiencing huge success of problems of some kind causing the production to stop?

Jul 13, 2012 at 2:57 AM Post #382 of 1,963
Quote:
Hi,

That's no good man. Have you called them and complained or inquired about the delay? I know beyerdynamic USA has full stock so I am not sure what's going on.

You could always cancel the order and order from Amazon. They have stock as well.

Yes I did contact them. They say most European dealers are out of stock. But now it is a matter of a few weeks. I am leaving for vacation today so I can wait a little longer.I also want to get one of the newest versions as well since they changed the box.

Jul 13, 2012 at 5:47 AM Post #383 of 1,963
I found that the position of the earcups does affect the sound by quite a bit. Since the drivers are angled, if I wear them as close forward as possible with the back of my ears almost touching the back of the earcups, the bright treble is less apparent and the bass response is improved, with less of a "r-shaped" effect. In other words, it sounds much more balanced, with the imaging also slightly improved. 

It's a free adjustment so why not give it a try. The only downside is I could almost see the metal brackets holding the earcups in my peripheral vision...

Jul 14, 2012 at 1:31 AM Post #384 of 1,963
I found that the position of the earcups does affect the sound by quite a bit. Since the drivers are angled, if I wear them as close forward as possible with the back of my ears almost touching the back of the earcups, the bright treble is less apparent and the bass response is improved, with less of a "r-shaped" effect. In other words, it sounds much more balanced, with the imaging also slightly improved. 

It's a free adjustment so why not give it a try. The only downside is I could almost see the metal brackets holding the earcups in my peripheral vision...

Mmm... they are very sensitive to position, angle.

Aug 3, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #385 of 1,963
I finally received the T5p and they are worth the wait! I was hoping for something in between the T1 and the T70 and these are all that. They have the T70 resolution but with more weight to the sound. The T70 are very forward sounding but the T5p draws you a few rows backwards. So far I like it very much.

Aug 3, 2012 at 6:10 PM Post #386 of 1,963
Yo,

Nice, you finally got them in! Tell me, wouldn't you agree that they are not bright and bass light? I find the T5p has a "thick" sound to it. I'd say it sounds that way from the warm mids and forward bass. I say I still think they have more bass than my T1's, certainly more impact and depth.
Quote:
I finally received the T5p and they are worth the wait! I was hoping for something in between the T1 and the T70 and these are all that. They have the T70 resolution but with more weight to the sound. The T70 are very forward sounding but the T5p draws you a few rows backwards. So far I like it very much.

Aug 4, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #387 of 1,963
Quote:
Yo,

Nice, you finally got them in! Tell me, wouldn't you agree that they are not bright and bass light? I find the T5p has a "thick" sound to it. I'd say it sounds that way from the warm mids and forward bass. I say I still think they have more bass than my T1's, certainly more impact and depth.

i don't think so, out of the amps that i have.  especially impact. 

Aug 4, 2012 at 1:54 AM Post #388 of 1,963
Yo,

I agree to that. They are not bass light that's for sure. I do not know why people are saying that in here? They are definitely darker than the T70 and T70p but I would not call the T5p a dark headphone but it is voiced in a very balanced way for my taste.

As far at I remember the T1's bass compared to the T5p's bass I would say that the bass in the T5p is a bit more forward compared to the mids, yes - but I think they have about the same amount of bass impact. At least it is very present and tight. I like the bass in the T5p much more than the Ed8 for instance. Being a closed headphone the bass is very open sounding. Like with the T70/T70p it's resolution in the bass is extraordinary - maybe even higher than I remember from the T1.

Aug 4, 2012 at 2:40 AM Post #389 of 1,963
Quote:
I agree to that. They are not bass light that's for sure. 

I think they're pretty balanced as well. It depends what you compare them to- compared to mptc and sig pro's, they definitely are bass light. I've heard people refer to both of those as "neutral" though... so in that reference frame, t5p are definitely bass light.

Aug 4, 2012 at 3:23 AM Post #390 of 1,963
I recently got a t5p and I thought the bass was a little light, do you think it's going to improve after some burn in? The t5p has gone through only a few hours of play time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back