beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions.
Mar 25, 2011 at 11:55 AM Post #256 of 1,963
Balancing them crossed my mind for a split second, but then I decided that wanting to use them as portables I would have to purchase another amp for portable use and I am too happy with what I have to buy one more.

technically, you could use a XLR->3.5 adapter, but I doubt you'd like the look'n'feel (length/weight) of that :D
Personally, I don't feel they make good portable cans. (too hard to amp to sound well at least on all my gear. Plus, cptn obvious reports - full-size cans are also full-size cans...)

Mar 25, 2011 at 2:23 PM Post #257 of 1,963

Quote:
Balancing them crossed my mind for a split second, but then I decided that wanting to use them as portables I would have to purchase another amp for portable use and I am too happy with what I have to buy one more.

i've been thinking a little bit too about balancing them.  of course all depends on if i really want them to be my portable headphones.

Mar 25, 2011 at 2:26 PM Post #258 of 1,963

Quote:
Quote:

technically, you could use a XLR->3.5 adapter, but I doubt you'd like the look'n'feel (length/weight) of that
biggrin.gif

Personally, I don't feel they make good portable cans. (too hard to amp to sound well at least on all my gear. Plus, cptn obvious reports - full-size cans are also full-size cans...)

carrying/connecting with an adapter.....ummmmmm i don't know.  Szadzik and i are already carrying an amp and i also thinking putting a solo in between......

Mar 25, 2011 at 2:31 PM Post #259 of 1,963

Quote:
I am stuck. I just talked to Jan and Symphony is no longer available, He only has 1 StageDAC and one Concerto available - one of them in black and one in silver. 

New products should be ready in 3-4 months.

only 3 or 4 months away from a new product.  wait time?  or what about another name, rudistor?  do some search, people seems to like it with beyer and i enjoy them as well

Apr 17, 2011 at 8:52 AM Post #266 of 1,963
Any idea if its worthwhile to upgrade from a T50p to the T5p?

Apr 17, 2011 at 9:00 AM Post #268 of 1,963
I'm more vocal / instrumentals. The T5p's highs irritates me sometimes. I'm just worried that the RSA Shadow can't drive these cans and I'll end up worse off... After reading the reviews I get that the T5p has a weaker bass compared to other fones. But weaker isn't = weak right? I'm not a bass head, but I like to hear my drums with the kick in it~

Sorry still pretty noob to the audio scene, so no words like sibilance and stuff :D

Apr 17, 2011 at 9:15 AM Post #269 of 1,963

Quote:
I'm more vocal / instrumentals. The T5p's highs irritates me sometimes. I'm just worried that the RSA Shadow can't drive these cans and I'll end up worse off... After reading the reviews I get that the T5p has a weaker bass compared to other fones. But weaker isn't = weak right? I'm not a bass head, but I like to hear my drums with the kick in it~

Sorry still pretty noob to the audio scene, so no words like sibilance and stuff :D

I power mine with Meier Audio Stepdance and they sound good. Bass is there but if you like it you might need some EQ to add a bit of it. 

I am not sure how much power the Shadow provides as these phones require a lot of power - I power my Stepdance with a 12V power supply and some people even use 15V (maximum for Stepdance) PSUs.

Apr 17, 2011 at 9:21 AM Post #270 of 1,963
Ack... so much for "portable" use? I'm not inclined to lug a brick with me... If its going to be underpowered and sound worse off compared to the T50p on my Shadow, then I think I'll pass on em >..<

Users who are viewing this thread

Back