beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions.
Jul 28, 2010 at 6:29 PM Post #91 of 1,963
Looks impressive, I like Beyer cans in general, but im not sure about that right angled plug, & I personally wouldnt spend that much money on phones for portable use, but thats just me.

Jul 29, 2010 at 10:27 PM Post #93 of 1,963
Looks like we'll be able to hear the T1 driver in a centered position. Could be really nice.

Aug 6, 2010 at 10:51 PM Post #94 of 1,963
[size=11pt]For everybody who likes Tesla headphones and who are interested on closed 32 ohm version T5p, I would like to advice to realize pre-order immediately, because very high number of offers is expected again, so if you want to have them during “short” time, dramatically reduce the delay please realize it. From the experience with T1, please contact your distributor of business partner in your region (country) about your interest, about your request. When in your country is not opened preorder formulary, your local distributor can realize “internal one”, so when it will be opened, the distributor can send request immediately (for all from internal list) and you can be listed in first series, so you can reduce the delay time to much shorter value then by “sleeping” approach. This is only good advice, NOT advert !!![/size]

Aug 6, 2010 at 11:48 PM Post #95 of 1,963
(part 3)

beyerdynamic, my favorite headphone company.  what can i say? 

in the Hong Kong hifi show, i got a chance to finally see it, feel it and most importantly i took a listen, with my portable rig, only about two songs, with apple lossless, ipod 6th gen, whiplash low profile cable and pico slim. 
first the look.  it's like a t1 but much lighter.  more like dt770/880/990.  very short cable, much like most portable headphone short.  is it big?  sure but i don't mind i think but bear in mind that i used hd280 pro, hfi550, 780 as my portable headphones. 
as for isolation, it did isolate quite well.  hif780 like.  maybe a tiny bit better.  i'm used to iem and that's why the t50p doesn't do it for me. 
now the sound, beyerdynamic like?  although beyer(dt880/990) is my favorite, i haven't listened to it for a month now at least.  too busy with other stuff and my new toys, hf2 and gs1000i.  i felt the sound very much dt770(2005 version) like. of course,  better.  i always think dt770 is a bit like dt880 minus a little bit of soundstage and some treble.  dt770 is a closed headphones maybe that's why?  
for those few mintues, i actually talked to 2 people while i was playing with t5p, i felt it's beyer sound and i like it.  i mean i like it so much, i'm thinking about pre-order it.  is it on beyer offical website yet?  i don't see it on website.  any early bird discount like the t1? 

another way to show how much i like this... my 1000th post!

Aug 7, 2010 at 12:20 AM Post #96 of 1,963
are the T5ps available for pre-order in the hifi show?? I also like to pre-order on the beyer website, the distributor in hk is just......Did you hear anything about its price in Hong Kong? How is the sound compared to T1? I think I need to go to the hifi show to have some listen these two days

Quote:
(part 3)

beyerdynamic, my favorite headphone company.  what can i say? 

in the Hong Kong hifi show, i got a chance to finally see it, feel it and most importantly i took a listen, with my portable rig, only about two songs, with apple lossless, ipod 6th gen, whiplash low profile cable and pico slim. 
first the look.  it's like a t1 but much lighter.  more like dt770/880/990.  very short cable, much like most portable headphone short.  is it big?  sure but i don't mind i think but bear in mind that i used hd280 pro, hfi550, 780 as my portable headphones. 
as for isolation, it did isolate quite well.  hif780 like.  maybe a tiny bit better.  i'm used to iem and that's why the t50p doesn't do it for me. 
now the sound, beyerdynamic like?  although beyer(dt880/990) is my favorite, i haven't listened to it for a month now at least.  too busy with other stuff and my new toys, hf2 and gs1000i.  i felt the sound very much dt770(2005 version) like. of course,  better.  i always think dt770 is a bit like dt880 minus a little bit of soundstage and some treble.  dt770 is a closed headphones maybe that's why?  
for those few mintues, i actually talked to 2 people while i was playing with t5p, i felt it's beyer sound and i like it.  i mean i like it so much, i'm thinking about pre-order it.  is it on beyer offical website yet?  i don't see it on website.  any early bird discount like the t1? 

another way to show how much i like this... my 1000th post!

Aug 7, 2010 at 2:26 AM Post #97 of 1,963
no, no pre-order from the show.  they told me it's coming maybe october to november.  the sound, i can't compare them even i heard t1 many times because, a)amplication.  t1 was using home amps and t5p was using a pico "only".  b)intention is different.  one is for at home and one is for on the road.  i guess you still want my answer right?  t1 is better. 

Aug 8, 2010 at 9:45 AM Post #98 of 1,963
had a brief listen to t5p today......definitely a must buy for me, too bad no pre-order on the spot at the show. Using Hifiman HM-801 portable player as source, sound signature/quality is kind of like T1, still very outstanding in mids and it's a bit of warmer sounding compared to T1, also more bass quantity and impact, quite suitable for pop songs. But they are inferior to T1 in terms of airiness and transparency by a narrow margin. An all-around musical headphone I would say. Extremely comfortable thanks to the the leather earpad and the newly designed leather headband which is thicker and softer than t1's. I heard the price is more or less the same as T1 in hk. I think it is more reasonable to price them at usd1000.

Aug 8, 2010 at 10:12 AM Post #100 of 1,963

That description make it seem like it´s the ED 8?
Quote:
had a brief listen to t5p today......definitely a must buy for me, too bad no pre-order on the spot at the show. Using Hifiman HM-801 portable player as source, sound signature/quality is kind of like T1, still very outstanding in mids and it's a bit of warmer sounding compared to T1, also more bass quantity and impact, quite suitable for pop songs. But they are inferior to T1 in terms of airiness and transparency by a narrow margin. An all-around musical headphone I would say. Extremely comfortable thanks to the the leather earpad and the newly designed leather headband which is thicker and softer than t1's. I heard the price is more or less the same as T1 in hk. I think it is more reasonable to price them at usd1000.

Aug 10, 2010 at 7:10 PM Post #102 of 1,963

Quote:
According to comment on another thread, it is for portable usage (hence the 1/8") and it is 32 ohms.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/440799/beyerdynamic-to-launch-new-top-headphone-at-ifa-called-t1/3480

Yikes, I don't think I'd carry my $1,400 headphones around everywhere with me...

Aug 10, 2010 at 8:00 PM Post #103 of 1,963
i remember saying this sometime ago
devil_face.gif

Quote:
Yikes, I don't think I'd carry my $1,400 headphones around everywhere with me...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back