beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions.
Aug 12, 2010 at 4:39 AM Post #106 of 1,963
Quote:
Would be interested how the t5p compares to the T1. Does it have the same sound signature, resolution?
Cheers
Reiner

The T5p is designed for hi-fi enthusiasts “on the go” – made for people who always want to have the best cans with them, no matter where they are.

The urban background of the T5p determined its design and mechanical engineering. Cool shades of grey, high-grade structured aluminium surfaces and subdued colours aim for noble understatement. The headband and ear pads are made of genuine leather. Like all Tesla headphones, the T5p is handcrafted in Germany.

Differences between T5p and T1:

With its sound design and 32 ohm impedance, the portable brother of the T1 will get the best out of mobile playback devices like iPods, iPhones, Smartphones, Notebooks or MP3 players. Some of the these devices tend to sound a bit thin and harsh, especially when using them without a headphone amplifier. The high output of Tesla technology is good to compensate that. Beside of the dry and fast bass attack, the T5p has a very rich and detailed treble response, but doesn´t expose it like the T1 is allowed to do. These cans will let you enjoy music right from the first moment, since it´s more forgiving to high frequent artefacts even of compressed audio.

The T5p is a closed, circumaural headphone for maximum sound isolation. Provided with 1.3m highgrade twin cable and 3.5mm (90°) Neutrik plug. The T5p comes with 6.35mm adapter plug, 3m extension cable, airline adapter and carrying bag.

Aug 12, 2010 at 9:09 AM Post #107 of 1,963
Sounds very promising. Cannot wait to get these. 

Any information about release date?

Quote:
Quote:

The T5p is designed for hi-fi enthusiasts “on the go†– made for people who always want to have the best cans with them, no matter where they are.

The urban background of the T5p determined its design and mechanical engineering. Cool shades of grey, high-grade structured aluminium surfaces and subdued colours aim for noble understatement. The headband and ear pads are made of genuine leather. Like all Tesla headphones, the T5p is handcrafted in Germany.

Differences between T5p and T1:

With its sound design and 32 ohm impedance, the portable brother of the T1 will get the best out of mobile playback devices like iPods, iPhones, Smartphones, Notebooks or MP3 players. Some of the these devices tend to sound a bit thin and harsh, especially when using them without a headphone amplifier. The high output of Tesla technology is good to compensate that. Beside of the dry and fast bass attack, the T5p has a very rich and detailed treble response, but doesn´t expose it like the T1 is allowed to do. These cans will let you enjoy music right from the first moment, since it´s more forgiving to high frequent artefacts even of compressed audio.

The T5p is a closed, circumaural headphone for maximum sound isolation. Provided with 1.3m highgrade twin cable and 3.5mm (90°) Neutrik plug. The T5p comes with 6.35mm adapter plug, 3m extension cable, airline adapter and carrying bag.

Aug 12, 2010 at 12:52 PM Post #108 of 1,963
Szadzik – In common, the date of release is always presented when official staff in the company decide on concrete day, after consideration of all aspects, when things are prepared. I believe it will be soon. I have visited here that a lot of people are very interested on T5p model. I think, this model will score success similar to T1, because tesla technology is very valuable and version for portable devices is very expected, this is very serious base of customers for which T1 with 600 ohms impedantion was not so optimal solution. Here they have great choice and it is great that Beyerdynamic is able produce family of headphones appling new technology. Sennheiser has always same HD 800, here are no other products with toroid diaphram. I think, we need calculate for date of release at about two mounts, or three mounts, because the things need be prepared, for serious order producer always need craft so enough items, to reduce delay time for new offers after release time. As I think, actually it is only in prototype form presented in Bejing.

Aug 12, 2010 at 12:58 PM Post #109 of 1,963
neptius - thanks for all the information. I will patiently be awaiting a release date. 

Since I am now in the process of changing jobs and then will be going to Afghanistan until December I will be getting them as a Christmas present I would hope :)

Quote:
Szadzik – In common, the date of release is always presented when official staff in the company decide on concrete day, after consideration of all aspects, when things are prepared. I believe it will be soon. I have visited here that a lot of people are very interested on T5p model. I think, this model will score success similar to T1, because tesla technology is very valuable and version for portable devices is very expected, this is very serious base of customers for which T1 with 600 ohms impedantion was not so optimal solution. Here they have great choice and it is great that Beyerdynamic is able produce family of headphones appling new technology. Sennheiser has always same HD 800, here are no other products with toroid diaphram. I think, we need calculate for date of release at about two mounts, or three mounts, because the things need be prepared, for serious order producer always need craft so enough items, to reduce delay time for new offers after release time. As I think, actually it is only in prototype form presented in Bejing.

Aug 18, 2010 at 3:58 PM Post #110 of 1,963
I do not know whether someone has posted this link. It is leading to the german press release for the T5p. At the bottom of the page there are the technical informations and some pictures.
Release date: September 2010
http://www.beyerdynamic.de/presse/pressemitteilungen/presse-detail/article/t5p-klang-oase-zum-mitnehmen-beyerdynamic-bringt-den-ersten-mobilkopfhoerer-mit-high-end-an.html

Cheers
Reiner

Aug 18, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #112 of 1,963
Quote:
I do not know whether someone has posted this link. It is leading to the german press release for the T5p. At the bottom of the page there are the technical informations and some pictures.
Release date: September 2010
http://www.beyerdynamic.de/presse/pressemitteilungen/presse-detail/article/t5p-klang-oase-zum-mitnehmen-beyerdynamic-bringt-den-ersten-mobilkopfhoerer-mit-high-end-an.html

Cheers
Reiner

Accroding the link, beyer says T5p Unlike  T1 , doesn't need break-in time?

Aug 19, 2010 at 1:46 PM Post #113 of 1,963
I'm wondering what "Tesla" is all about but marketing if even a D1001 beats the T5 (same impedance) in sensitivity.

Aug 19, 2010 at 1:52 PM Post #114 of 1,963

I'm wondering what "Tesla" is all about but marketing if even a D1001 beats the T5 (same impedance) in sensitivity.

We meet again Jesus
images

The Tesla technology is about stronger magnets...they never talked about higher sensitivity. It's funny how you always misunderstand everything...on purpose maybe?

Aug 19, 2010 at 2:15 PM Post #115 of 1,963
Quote:

We meet again Jesus
images

The Tesla technology is about stronger magnets...they never talked about higher sensitivity. It's funny how you always misunderstand everything...on purpose maybe?

LOL, owned.
Reading is not your strength. 
wink.gif

Aug 19, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #117 of 1,963

Quote:
And what kind of goodness does higher sensitivity bring? Does more sensistive mean better? Or just louder?

Higher sensitivity and lower impedance just helps if function portably from lower powered DAPs like Sansas, IPods, etc.  This can come w/ a cost to SQ IMO.  Depends.

Aug 19, 2010 at 6:25 PM Post #119 of 1,963

Quote:
Yes, but T5Ps are 32 Ohm (102dB SPL) and HD25s are 70 Ohm (1020 dB SPL) - so T5P can be driven easier, may be a bit quieter.

Yes but, what's your point?  Did I misunderstand your question about why the T5P might have higher sensitivity?  What's the confusion?  You seem to have too many zeros for the HD25 btw.    

Users who are viewing this thread

Back