beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions.
Aug 16, 2014 at 1:49 AM Post #1,471 of 1,963
  - acoustic damping inside the cups. This I can't recommend enough, as in my opinion it takes these headphones to another level. The bass presence has markedly improved with this change. And it's so simple to do....

+1

I completely agree; at the last LA Head-fi meet I was at I had members try my felt-dampened T5p's and I received very-positive reactions.  The mod addresses the main criticisms of the T5p (too bright, R-shaped curve) by smoothing out the treble and bringing up the bass-response.  I feel the modded T5p compares very favorably with the TH900; the modded-T5p has a much more balanced sound than the TH900's bassy-sound-signature (the two headphones were compared using the Headamp GS-X at the meet).

Aug 16, 2014 at 11:43 PM Post #1,472 of 1,963
PleasantSounds, I know you used some polyfill that you had lying around, but I'm curious what materials people have used for the dampening, and what results they found. I tend to like the treble as it is, but I definitely wouldn't object to a little more assertive bass. 

Any thoughts, fellas? 

Aug 17, 2014 at 9:07 AM Post #1,473 of 1,963
Hi , every one , after 2 month my T5p have problem with the jack , i will send back to Beyerdunamic to fix it . Just want to know if they have new  cable and jack to replace the old one ? because i've heard that if they  keep the old cable an just fix the jack , the problem will reappear very soon . Thanks in advance for your answers  .

Aug 17, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #1,474 of 1,963
They should have the new jack in the U.S.  I had the same problem 3 times, and I live in Seoul, so it took quite awhile for the Beyerdynamic Authorized Repair out here to stock the new parts that North America had, but the new cable fixed the problem completely for me.

Aug 17, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #1,475 of 1,963
  They should have the new jack in the U.S.  I had the same problem 3 times, and I live in Seoul, so it took quite awhile for the Beyerdynamic Authorized Repair out here to stock the new parts that North America had, but the new cable fixed the problem completely for me.

Thanks for the reply , i'm in France , i don't know if Beyerdynamic Germany have the new cable ? Do you have a photo of the new cable ?

Aug 18, 2014 at 5:02 AM Post #1,476 of 1,963

Thanks for the reply , i'm in France , i don't know if Beyerdynamic Germany have the new cable ? Do you have a photo of the new cable ?

I'm honestly not sure.  I seem to remember the U.S. branch contacting the German branch at one point.  I tried to reach out to the German branch via email and did not have any success.  They never returned them.  The U.S. branch, however, was awesome!  

Here's what the new cable looks like:

Aug 18, 2014 at 5:30 AM Post #1,477 of 1,963
  I'm honestly not sure.  I seem to remember the U.S. branch contacting the German branch at one point.  I tried to reach out to the German branch via email and did not have any success.  They never returned them.  The U.S. branch, however, was awesome!  

Here's what the new cable looks like:

Thanks for the picture , your T5P was bought in USA ? or in Korea ?

Aug 18, 2014 at 10:50 AM Post #1,479 of 1,963
That's exactly what i thought  , mine was bought in France , i don't know if they have the new cable with the new jack . What a shame for Beyerdynamic , they made for the T5P an absolutely ridiculous Jack , they must call back all the T5P with the old defective jack and change for free with the new one .

Aug 20, 2014 at 6:12 AM Post #1,480 of 1,963
so ive spent some time with the t5p and its new upgrade, ive burned in the cable around 250 hours and the headphones are at least 350 hours.
ive mixed a recent project of mine with the headphones and I gotta say these t5ps are in another league for studio use.
Ill post a linked file up soon.

Aug 25, 2014 at 7:21 AM Post #1,483 of 1,963
Heard good things about the Phonitor and the Meier amps. Best pairing I've heard for the T5p is the HPA in the Lynx Hilo, personally.

Aug 26, 2014 at 1:51 AM Post #1,484 of 1,963
I can confirm that the Meier amps sound great with T5p. I use Quickstep and Classic and both make the T5p punchy and clean sounding. If you want a bit more slam and punch in the bass my Just Audio AHA-120 adds just a bit more bass impact. In fact the AHA-120 is one of the best portable amplifiers I have heard with T5p. 

Aug 26, 2014 at 5:27 AM Post #1,485 of 1,963
  I can confirm that the Meier amps sound great with T5p. I use Quickstep and Classic and both make the T5p punchy and clean sounding. If you want a bit more slam and punch in the bass my Just Audio AHA-120 adds just a bit more bass impact. In fact the AHA-120 is one of the best portable amplifiers I have heard with T5p. 

Hadn't heard of the AHA-120, will look it up! Thanks for the rec!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back