beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions.
Feb 22, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #1,171 of 1,963
I agree with Plakat. I find it very unlikely that Beyerdynamic would condone a modification of their headphone, much less honor a warranty after one is done. You can reach out to an authorized repair agent (I used Peter at The Sound Surgeon for my last repair, peter <at> thesoundsurgeon <dawt> com, Moon Audio is another, I believe), but I highly doubt any T5p would be warrantied after modification. 

Then again, I don't know how much time you have left on your warranty, but it might be worth switching just to get away from the semi-notoriously problematic cable Beyer used stock. Either way, please let us know what you decide and how you make out!! Best of luck!!

Feb 23, 2014 at 5:36 AM Post #1,173 of 1,963
Sadly it seems no mod can fix those thing you've mentioned. That is the house sound of t5p and you can only change it so much unless you do what MeSpeaker did and made another headphone based on the same driver ....

Feb 23, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #1,174 of 1,963
NZTechFreak and one or two others I can't recall have said that modifying the T5p for balanced operation made a positive change to the bass response, increasing it in quantity. Don't recall any smoothing of the treble, but it's been a while since I read those impressions. 

Feb 26, 2014 at 5:39 AM Post #1,175 of 1,963
It is frequently compared to edition8 because of its price.
Overall performance of t5p is a little bit higher than edition8..but edition8 has its own identity sound.
If you like natural and large sound-stage without regarding price, it is recommended.

Feb 26, 2014 at 7:16 AM Post #1,176 of 1,963
I have bought a T5P from a head-fi member who bought used from Zombie-X. Have also bought an Edition 8 and am sending both headphones to Double Helix cables. Will have Audeze detachable cable jacks installed into the T5P and have triple threat adaptor installed into the Edition 8 that accepts Audeze cables. Am having Peter make his Macromolecule Elite 8-wire with the all pure silver peptide Litz version headphone cable that can plug into either headphone and if buy an Audeze headphone later will obviously plug into it also. Am hoping the T5P and Edition 8 will sound incredible with this cable hooked up to a Chord Hugo I have preordered.

Hello, do you mind how much was to install Audeze connectors ?

Feb 26, 2014 at 7:47 AM Post #1,177 of 1,963
Originally Posted by Canadian411 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hello, do you mind how much was to install Audeze connectors ?

The quotes I got were around $100. 

Feb 26, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #1,178 of 1,963

The quotes I got were around $100. 

$100 per headphone ? that is reasonable I think, will love to see the picture when you get back :)

thanks !

Feb 26, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #1,179 of 1,963
$100 per headphone ? that is reasonable I think, will love to see the picture when you get back
smily_headphones1.gif

thanks !

Yeah, I was kind of anticipating it would cost more, but only because everything in this hobby is so %^&* expensive :p

Hopefully I'll have it done pretty soon... One guy I spoke with about doing the mod says he can't do it now, and the other won't reply to my messages, so hopefully it's just a vacation issue or something and I'll hear back soon :wink:

Feb 27, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #1,180 of 1,963
I asked Peter at Double Helix cables to send me some pics of the internal recabling, drivers, solder joints, moding of the T5P and recabling of the Edition 8 with Triple Threat Audeze adapters before he reassembles them. Will post those pics here when he sends them to me. I think his normal price of moding the T5P is either $200 or $220. He gave me a discount because of a 2 day sale and a big order had placed with him.

Feb 27, 2014 at 6:58 AM Post #1,181 of 1,963
I asked Peter at Double Helix cables to send me some pics of the internal recabling, drivers, solder joints, moding of the T5P and recabling of the Edition 8 with Triple Threat Audeze adapters before he reassembles them. Will post those pics here when he sends them to me. I think his normal price of moding the T5P is either $200 or $220. He gave me a discount because of a 2 day sale and a big order had placed with him.

If any UE8 cost $220 to change, just get the ED8 Romeo edition :wink: just $200 more from ED8.
For T5p I will do it myself, it's not that hard.

Feb 27, 2014 at 7:25 AM Post #1,182 of 1,963

Looking forward to it, man!!

Mar 2, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #1,184 of 1,963
Peter at Double Helix cables just informed me he wants to do a few of the T5P mods with Audeze adapters first before he decides on final pricing & availability.

Hmmm... I might be interested in sending him mine, if that's an option. I'd already sent a request in to another company to have the mod done, but it's been about 10 days and I haven't gotten a response, so if I don't hear from them tomorrow I'll probably start looking at other options. 

Is Peter looking for people to volunteer, and I assume if so the best way to communicate with him would be from the doublehelix gmail address, right? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back