beyerdynamic T5p: Photos and first impressions.
Jan 13, 2011 at 5:12 AM Post #153 of 1,963
Quote:
Got mine along with Corda Stepdance yesterday.

I am quite interested in this combination. I saw your post in the Stepdance thread and it sounds promising. Reviews on the T5p seem to be mixed; amp synergy is apparently a big issue. If the Stepdance goes well with the T5p, that is rather appealing. I like the idea of a high end headphone that would be driven properly by the Stepdance (as opposed to, for example, my DT880/600s which are driven reasonably well by theStepdance but not to their full capabilities).

I look forward to your ongoing detailed opinions (please) as the t5p burns in!

Jan 13, 2011 at 5:30 AM Post #154 of 1,963

Quote:
I am quite interested in this combination. I saw your post in the Stepdance thread and it sounds promising. Reviews on the T5p seem to be mixed; amp synergy is apparently a big issue. If the Stepdance goes well with the T5p, that is rather appealing. I like the idea of a high end headphone that would be driven properly by the Stepdance (as opposed to, for example, my DT880/600s which are driven reasonably well by theStepdance but not to their full capabilities).

I look forward to your ongoing detailed opinions (please) as the t5p burns in!

I only had time to listen to them for a few hours last night but my initial impressions are definitely positive. 

+ Good soundstage, I only have one open headphone. HD555, and T5ps are pretty good with soundstage. 
+ Detail, detail, detail. TBH I never expected there could be so much details when listening to headphones. When watching a movie I could say it is too much and you get istracted, that also may be because they are a bit mid-centric. When I compared with my CK10s CK10s sounded almost bloated :frowning2:.
+ Definitely not bass shy, not with my X1060 and Stepdance.
+ Good idolation. I was at the office whaen I ot them and when I put them on they already isolated well and when I turned the music on it got even       better.
+ They are not overly coloured which means they are good with various types of music. 
+ Very nice uild quality.
+ Comfortable and even if a bit heavy you just forget about having them on your head after 10 minutes.
+ A nice package of accessories.
+ The price Jan MEier offers is just unbeatable. I paid 1100 Euros for Stepdance and T5Ps and got Headsixx for free. When I sell Headsixx it will have cost me 1000 Euros which

- Listening to them I feel like constantly making the music louder and louder. No idea why.
- They are big - is it a real disadvantage?
- The felt pouch does not seem to have any plastic or metal structure so I am not sure if it is going to provide any protection.
- A typical DAP will have problems getting the whole potential of these without an additional dedicated amp.

Jan 13, 2011 at 10:30 AM Post #158 of 1,963

Quote:

Quote:
Good early  impressions. Thanks. I look forward to hearing more as they burn in.

Do not expect a detailed review as I am not too good at this and can only provide pieces of information I notice.

i thought you did good.  thanks.  now i'm thinking if i should.....

Jan 16, 2011 at 2:51 AM Post #163 of 1,963
A few more thoughts.

1. The pouch is actually pretty nice as it can hold my X1060 Walkman, interconnects and even the Stepdance.
2. The headphones are getting better and better with burn-in. In the beginning they sounded much better with my Stepdance that with X1060 but with burn-in the difference is getting smaller and smaller.
3. I watched a few movies using them and I have to say I like the imaging. When watching Austin Powers In Gold Member in the initial scene with a helicopter the imaging is great, you know exactly where everything is happening. 
4. I was watching The Italian Job and could not help but sile every time there was some music as it sounded wonderfully transparent (the music in this movie is one of the best).
5. These headphones are not the most firgiving ones when it comes to poor quality music. 

EDIT: These headphones require some serious juice as comparing to my CK10s and MX980s (only earbuds and IEMs) they sound much quieter on the same volume levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back