Beyerdynamic T1 3rd Gen out now
Jan 18, 2023 at 11:54 PM Post #1,607 of 1,824
They definitely don’t need much to get them happy. I’ve been running them balanced on a cheaper dongle (Fosi DS1) lately with good results. Using it as a holdover until I update my desktop system.
I agree. They scale with a desktop system but I also happily listen to them from my iPhone dongle.

Have the XLR cable arriving for them today as well :)

Jan 19, 2023 at 12:38 AM Post #1,608 of 1,824
I agree. They scale with a desktop system but I also happily listen to them from my iPhone dongle.

Have the XLR cable arriving for them today as well :)
Yeah they scale nicely but yeah they will make you happy with just a dongle even.

I really enjoying this headphone, still in constant rotation and it gets some head time at least once a week.

I love how vocals are presented, I still hear them central with the rest of the music swirling around/behind them, like nothing else in my collection.

They do have an unique vocal presentation, nothing else quite like it and honestly really love their vocals as well. They also come off as very natural to me, but I always thought Beyer did vocals better than most.

Jan 19, 2023 at 7:24 AM Post #1,610 of 1,824
Hi folks!

Looking for some advice, because I was a owner of a 880t 250ohm, and I would like something bright-neutral for my collection.

Could u tell wich beyer is the closest to the tuning of the 880 with balanced-deteachable cables?
T1 ver 2

Jan 20, 2023 at 1:45 PM Post #1,614 of 1,824
I really enjoying this headphone, still in constant rotation and it gets some head time at least once a week.

I love how vocals are presented, I still hear them central with the rest of the music swirling around/behind them, like nothing else in my collection.

I got these headphones a couple of months ago and I absolutely LOVE them. I'm not very good at describing the technicalities of sound but there's something so physical about what they produce - really feeling the pluck of a guitar string or the 'ting' of a cymbal. Maybe it's 'separation' that they're doing so well? I also don't find there's too much or little of anything - bass/mid/treble. The clamp force is strong but I find them comfortable as they spread the force equally. There's something very pleasingly understated about their build - quality and satisfying but not showy.

For reference, my points of comparison are (at various times): Grado Hemp, Grado GH2, Focal Radiance, Meze 99 Classic, Sennheiser 660s, HifiMan Sundara. These T1.3s beat all of those, with Grado Hemp coming second.

Jan 20, 2023 at 2:48 PM Post #1,615 of 1,824
I got these headphones a couple of months ago and I absolutely LOVE them. I'm not very good at describing the technicalities of sound but there's something so physical about what they produce - really feeling the pluck of a guitar string or the 'ting' of a cymbal. Maybe it's 'separation' that they're doing so well? I also don't find there's too much or little of anything - bass/mid/treble. The clamp force is strong but I find them comfortable as they spread the force equally. There's something very pleasingly understated about their build - quality and satisfying but not showy.

For reference, my points of comparison are (at various times): Grado Hemp, Grado GH2, Focal Radiance, Meze 99 Classic, Sennheiser 660s, HifiMan Sundara. These T1.3s beat all of those, with Grado Hemp coming second.
There is a physical presence and tactility to their sound that many other headphones seem to struggle with, it’s a big reason I’m a fan of Beyers. The T1.3 is the best of the Tesla’s in the physical aspect though at least of the many I’ve heard. I often wondered in the past what drew me to Beyers and realized it’s because I found I have a greater physical connection to the sound.

Jan 20, 2023 at 3:50 PM Post #1,616 of 1,824

There is a physical presence and tactility to their sound that many other headphones seem to struggle with, it’s a big reason I’m a fan of Beyers. The T1.3 is the best of the Tesla’s in the physical aspect though at least of the many I’ve heard. I often wondered in the past what drew me to Beyers and realized it’s because I found I have a greater physical connection to the sound.

As a fan of the T1.3's myself I can't help but agree with both of you. I recently added a FAW Noir Hybrid cable to mine and I'm loving the sound even more. This Beyer is on my head more than any of my other headphones lately and they can stay there for many hours at a time. No listening fatigue at all.

Jan 20, 2023 at 4:57 PM Post #1,617 of 1,824

Have you tried Shipibo pads with your GH2? Really lovely addition. I also have the ZMF Beyer pads and adapters for them. Comfy but not quite as good a sound.

Sorry to be off topic.

Jan 20, 2023 at 5:25 PM Post #1,618 of 1,824
Have you tried Shipibo pads with your GH2? Really lovely addition. I also have the ZMF Beyer pads and adapters for them. Comfy but not quite as good a sound.

Sorry to be off topic.
I've got Dekoni velour pads which I'm using on the Hemps (and enjoy better than the stock pads) - I could try them on the GH2s as well. Sadly the clunky cable is pretty annoying :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back