Beyerdynamic T1 3rd Gen out now
Apr 22, 2023 at 3:21 PM Post #1,636 of 1,824
You were spot on. The 1990 Analytical pads help bring the vocals a bit more forward (they're very recessed with stock) and it also mildy tones down the bass. It's suddenly a bit more like a T1.2 with bass. Not sure if I prefer the foam discs in or out, either is an improvement over the stock pads for me.
Totally foam disks out, sometimes i use the original pads (without disks but with rubber Fixing ring for setting the driver and the system in the cabinet ) for jazz and rock.

Apr 23, 2023 at 12:30 AM Post #1,637 of 1,824
Where can one purchase the analytical pads?

Apr 23, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #1,639 of 1,824
I'm in the UK, I had to get a pair from eBay as Brexit has caused Beyerdynamic to stop shopping to UK customers directly.

Amazon might have them for you. Just need to search for DT 1990 Analytical pads, and hopefully you'll get some stockists your side of the pond.
Polar are the official UK distributor for Beyer parts, here are the pads:

Analytical: https://polar.uk.com/beyerdynamic-dt1990-velour-earpad-set-analytical-917699
Balanced: https://polar.uk.com/beyerdynamic-edt-1990vb-ear-pad-set-916900

They will both show out of stock but are available to order

Apr 24, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #1,641 of 1,824
Hello guys. Anyone willing to give me an advice, please?
I recently bought a pair of T1.3, it's my first real audiophile headphone, if I can say so.
I always of a fan of headphones, but never had the opportunity to listen something more substantial, till I listened to an T1 and I simply felt in love of how pleasant and gorgeous that thing sounded to my ears.
But I'm still using an old dongle I used to pair with gaming headsets (Sharkoon Gaming Dac Pro) and I'd appreciate if anyone could me suggest a dac/amp that I can use with the T1.
I appreacite in advance! :)

Apr 24, 2023 at 12:43 PM Post #1,642 of 1,824
Hello guys. Anyone willing to give me an advice, please?
I recently bought a pair of T1.3, it's my first real audiophile headphone, if I can say so.
I always of a fan of headphones, but never had the opportunity to listen something more substantial, till I listened to an T1 and I simply felt in love of how pleasant and gorgeous that thing sounded to my ears.
But I'm still using an old dongle I used to pair with gaming headsets (Sharkoon Gaming Dac Pro) and I'd appreciate if anyone could me suggest a dac/amp that I can use with the T1.
I appreacite in advance! :)
What's your budget buddy?

Apr 24, 2023 at 12:59 PM Post #1,643 of 1,824
What's your budget buddy?
Unfortunately not that high.

On the long run I was planning to get the Fiio K9 pro, as I read a review on amazon of someone that really liked it when using with the T1 (I don't have the technical knowledge to choose dac/amps lol, so I was basically investigating what people were using and ended up reading reviews on amazon.)

But for now I may be expeding around 300 USD.

Apr 24, 2023 at 1:42 PM Post #1,644 of 1,824

On the long run I was planning to get the Fiio K9 pro, as I read a review on amazon of someone that really liked it when using with the T1 (I don't have the technical knowledge to choose dac/amps lol, so I was basically investigating what people were using and ended up reading reviews on amazon.)

You don't need anything crazy for the T1.3. it's very easy to drive. Sounded great from my Fiio BTR5.

Apr 24, 2023 at 1:44 PM Post #1,645 of 1,824

Also, if you want something for gaming as well, the SoundBlasterX G6 way outperforms it's price point. I recommend that frequently as a budget option.

Apr 24, 2023 at 3:01 PM Post #1,647 of 1,824
Hello guys. Anyone willing to give me an advice...
I have try them with mojo, hugo and Cobalt, wich remained the only source.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back